PDA

View Full Version : Not so big guys!!!

Lorquas
29-05-2007, 14:36
Hi

Me and my gaming group are getting back into Blood Bowl after a few years away. So far I've been pretty impressed with rules 5.0.

However, I've just been reading the FAQ and I can't quite believe what I've read. Apparently now a "Big guy" only takes up 1 space on the board?!?!? How can this be?!?! How can an Ogre take up the same space as a snotling?!?

Are GW going to rerelease all the Big guy models so they can fit in one square or shall we just cut them in half down the middle so they fit?!?!

Is this right?!?! To me this seems a bit silly!

Your thoughts and opinions please

Lorquas

Deng Ham
29-05-2007, 15:04
If you look at it from a fluff bunny point of view. It make no sense. But if you look at it from a rule lawyers view. It's the better option.

I don't have any problems with having a 40mm base on the pitch. granted it takes up rom from the surounding squares. But it becomes a problem when 2 or more big guys are fighting eachother.

Lorquas
29-05-2007, 15:09
hmmmmmm I don't like it! I agree that making them occupy one base gets around alot of the old problems with large monsters (follow ups, tackle zones) but it's just not right :-(

Think I'm going to get my craft knife out when I get home and check to see just how stupid Morg looks doing swan lake on a small base!!!

th0r
29-05-2007, 15:23
It's really annoying when they get hit and are put on there back as they usually take up 1-2 extra squares behind them.