PDA

View Full Version : 2000 tzeentch beastmen

Grimlock
29-05-2007, 20:40
I'm repainting my beastmen to make a more themed army. i don't like using tons of magic items i use ones that are easy to come by like pelt of the dark young (its just some puke and wee on his fur anyone can have it). the only problem its hard to make my characters survive and not give away hugh points. Help?

Beastlord
tzeentch
pelt of the dark young
crown of hornes
heavy armour
shield =299
(fights in one of the bestigor units)

Wargor
tzeentch
chaos armour
shield =142
(fights in the other bestigor unit)

Wargor
tzeentch
battle standard
vitriolic totem
heavy armour =184
(goes in big beast herd)

4 minotaurs
tzeentch
AHW
Standard
bloodkine =236

4 minotaurs
great weapons
standard
bloodkine
tzeentch =244

15 bestigors
musician
standard
gouge-hourne
tzeentch =230

15 bestigors
musician
standard
gouge-hourne
tzeentch =230

10 gors
10 ungors
standard
musician =125

5 gors
5 ungors
foe-render =75

5 gors
5 ungors
foe-render =75

5 gors
5 ungors
foe-render =75

5 gors
5 ungors
foe-render =75

10 points for anoughter gor or ungors some where.

Sasha
29-05-2007, 22:19
i'd recommend the gore tooth for your beastlord, bear's anger is probably more useful than a lot of the tzeentch spells.

also, don't think you can give both units of bestigors the mark of tzeentch, think you're restricted to one marked herd per army.

theDarkGeneral
30-05-2007, 03:28
Greetings Grimlock....I have some thoughts/comments for your list, hope they help...

*Beast Lord: Ok,...different for sure...

*BSB: Ok, but to make him more effective and last longer, Armor of Damnation and Sword of Might is a nice combo...Poisoned Attacks are nice on Shooting, or Close Combat units that hit hard...Beast Herds still bounce their S(3) hits off of most Armies...

*Wargors: Ok...but I don't think you need him...kind of wasted points to me...

*Beast Herds: Well, I think you have way too many...I always recommend taking only two unis max in a 2,000pts list...they tend to get in each other's way, cause unwanted Panic Checks all over, and really can't beat much in Close Combat...

*Bestigors: Sasha is correct in that you may only have one unit Marked in your Army...really, really bad decision on GW's part here, and I'm sure they realize it...anyways, I'd say go with theme and take a unit of 18 w/FC and the Gore Banner...

*Minotaurs: Great units for Tzeentch...but the Standards are giving away 100 VPs most of the time and not the helpful in CC...Minos win big or loose big...Xtra Hand Weapons looks cool on the model, but not nearly as effective as the Grt Wpns unless you're facing Elves or Brets....

*NEEDED UNITS: Your Army is slow and a bit ponderous, with little punch...relying upon Magic to win the day isn't a good idea...Chaos Furies and Centigors will add both much needed Speed and some decent hitting strength that is manuverable...Dragon Ogres are serious can openers and threats that draw the attention of your opponent...

Grimlock
30-05-2007, 22:51
i'll put in a unit of 6 centigors. stupid bestigor rule thanks for telling me though. might make the wargor undivded and have another undivded wargor as well. re write coming up

Lander
30-05-2007, 23:00
Chariots make good support for Beastherd units!

Grimlock
30-05-2007, 23:23
Beastlord
tzeentch
pelt of the dark young
crown of hornes
shield =299
(in bestigors)

wargor
battle standard
vitriolic totem
heavy armour =114
(in an ambush unit)

wargore
tzeentch
chaos armour
goretooth =165
(in foe-renderless (?) herd)

5 gors
5 ungors
foe-render =75

5 gors
5 ungors
foe-render =75

5 gors
5 ungors =55

4 minotaurs
tzeentch
great weapons
standard
bloodkine =244

4 minotaurs
tzeentch
ahw
standard
bloodkine =236

15 bestigors
tzeentch
full command =230

chariot =85

6 centigors
shields
gorehoof
standard =143

6 centigors
shields
gorehoof
standard =143

2 spawns
tzeentch =150

MarcoPollo
01-06-2007, 03:26
I think you should use the super herd with tzeetch. One really big unit with the punch of a few characters and 360 LoS shooting. Say 8 gor/ 15 ungor with BSB and another wargor of Tzeetch.

Chaplainmasters
31-05-2008, 15:57
give the centigor throwing axes. it never lets me down.