PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest 2nd hand army

lostpike
29-05-2007, 21:58
I am looking to buy and trade for an army on things like ebay and bartertown and was wondering what is probably the cheapest army to put together?

exsulis
29-05-2007, 22:00
It really depends on what you want your force to be. I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday, and he picked up 5k of Dark eldar for $90 so its really up to you on what type of force you want to build. Usually a elite force will be cheaper to assemble than a horde.

Moriarty
29-05-2007, 22:10
Hi there,

cheapest on e-bay has to be Ork. 2nd edition Goffs go for a song, as do the contempory Grots. Even the more modern ones are not too much more expensive, a new Codex is coming up, and Boyz will always be in fashon.

On the Imperial side, Catachan plastics are your best bet.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

lostpike
29-05-2007, 22:27
What about Eldar?

KaldCB
29-05-2007, 22:29
deathwing. 5 boxes of terminators and a commander, and you are set.

shin'keiro
30-05-2007, 02:57
Depends on who is selling it!

max the dog
30-05-2007, 04:29
It all depends, if you can accept an old and ugly model then go ahead and buy off of ebay. Now and then you can find a nice model for dirt cheap but you really have to troll the auctions for it. I assembled a space marine company for about $120 off of ebay. That's 6 tac squads, 2 dev squads, 2 assault squads, a full command squad, 3 land speeders, and a dreadnought for $120. It was a total of about 17 auctions from 6 sellers. A few other auctions pushed my marine model count to over 200 but I now have 9 tac squads, 4 dev squads, 3 assault squads, 4 scout squads, 3 command squads, and 2 terminator squads. I had and still have a lot of painting to do.
But if you do decide to buy off of ebay then I suggest learing how to strip paint off of models. An old and beat up old model can look pretty good if you give it a decent paint job.

Surgency
30-05-2007, 07:31
nah... cheapest models on ebay are space marines, just because everyone is selling them... I'd say eldar comes next, but orks are right up there with eldar...

don_mondo
30-05-2007, 12:18
What about Eldar?

If you're not picky about them being current edition models, you can pick up a lot of Eldar cheap.

Bunnahabhain
30-05-2007, 15:03
Badly painted and assembled marines are the cheapest, by a long way. You may fin occasional bits and bobs cheaper, but the marines will always be there in serious numbers!

Quin 242
30-05-2007, 16:25
You can make an entire Necron Army new from two battleforce boxes and a monolith. Cheaper and easier on E-bay but not too expensive at your local.

Souleater
30-05-2007, 16:30
Generally Necron.

People buy them.

Put them together without even trimming the mold lines (grits teeth to avoid swearing).

Badly paint them silver (pretty impressive managing to mess up such a simple paint job, but they manage).

Play them in a phalanx and never try anything else so get bored.

Sell them on ebay.

I think I got my Necron force for 25% of the cost, then sold off the bits I didn't want and covered the cost.

Raze
30-05-2007, 17:26
Generally Necron.

People buy them.

Put them together without even trimming the mold lines (grits teeth to avoid swearing).

Badly paint them silver (pretty impressive managing to mess up such a simple paint job, but they manage).

Play them in a phalanx and never try anything else so get bored.

Sell them on ebay.

I think I got my Necron force for 25% of the cost, then sold off the bits I didn't want and covered the cost.

Yeah.. I would agree with necron. Not only for those reasons but in my experience they are hard to even sell off. I am trying to get rid of some at less than 50% of their cost and they wont even go ><.. that just means someone out there has them for EVEN LESS!

Quin 242
30-05-2007, 17:59
Yeah.. I would agree with necron. Not only for those reasons but in my experience they are hard to even sell off. I am trying to get rid of some at less than 50% of their cost and they wont even go ><.. that just means someone out there has them for EVEN LESS!

Here's an idea.. contact the OP and he gets an army and you get rid of your necrons.. :)