PDA

View Full Version : Fulgrim - may contain spoilers

Luthien
30-05-2007, 14:38
have begun to read fulgrim i have to say it's quite a good read. it's not an epic put down upon paper but it's good and it has eldar in :D
so for all those who have read it tell me your thoughts, cos i thought it was good :D

Rockerfella
30-05-2007, 15:30
Well, never read it. Just about finishing Horus Rising, and i'm utterly hooked on the series already. I just can't get enough, i'm very impressed in all honesty.

Bring on the rest!!!!

Brother Handro
05-06-2007, 18:54
Erm, I'm confused, I was under the impression it's not out for another month?
I've only read the first chapter on the Black Library site, and I have to say I was dinstinctly underwhelmed.

Galdur Hrafnsson
05-06-2007, 20:01
It was available at Conflict London, and Graham McNeill was there signing. Got Fulgrim *and* Brothers of the Snake, both signed. Felt bad for James Swallow though, I think two or three people spoke to him all day...

Light of the Emperor
05-06-2007, 20:30
Aw man if I was there, I'd have gone to James Swallow first and gotten my favorite HH novel "Flight of the Eisenstein" signed.

I hope they have Fulgrim available at GamesDay Baltimore since McNeill will be there...

Luthien
05-06-2007, 21:36
Yeah i go it at conflict north

Fulgrim's Gimp
07-06-2007, 22:04
I've finished reading it and thought it was excellent. Now quite a lot of prior background makes more sense and certain loose ends from previous books are explored.

Styles
08-06-2007, 15:38
Give some spoilers, like what happens in it?

Mechanicus
08-06-2007, 16:08
^ I second that! :p

Rockerfella
08-06-2007, 18:07
I second that ^, and i third that ^^!!!

Fulgrim's Gimp
08-06-2007, 22:18
Okay, okay :) Warning spoliers : Highlight to read:

What Ancient Rylanor is up to on Istvaan 3 is explored and possible implications
Why Lucius becomes Fulgrim's champion.
Why Fulgrim looks like he does as a daemon is hinted at.
Eldrad's in it (refer to 3rd ed Eldar codex) and everyone's favourite fiery god of war :evilgrin:
Sonic weapons,combat drugs and Noise Marines are born.
Sigismund tries to get to Istvaan V
How Fulgrim gets possessed ( Ex calce liberare) I ended up feeling sorry for him and Ferrus Manus

I can't recommend it enough. (Doffs hat to Mr MacNeill)

Rockerfella
08-06-2007, 22:41
WOW!!!

Marvellous!!!

Sounds like a worthwhile buy for sure!!!

Mechanicus
09-06-2007, 08:20
I need to get this book... :D

reds8n
09-06-2007, 09:00
I can't recommend it enough. (Doffs hat to Mr MacNeill)

I'll second that.

...and if you've read it : fist through Avatar head .:cool:

Luthien
09-06-2007, 14:25
yea the avatar fight was cool

ryng_sting
09-06-2007, 20:17
I don't believe we've had a description of Ferrus Mannus before, beyond his having metal hands. What does the book say?

Idaan
09-06-2007, 20:29
We need more Eldar spoilers! ;) Seriously, it's very interesting to have at least a small insight into post-Fall Eldar, something we've never seen before. Also, doesn't the book had subtitle "the Last Phoenix"? I'm more and more intrigued.

Mechanicus
09-06-2007, 20:42
It used to. They changed it to "Visions of Treachery" to make it more accessible to people who knew the events of the Heresy. A weak excuse if you ask me, but anyway...

"The Last Phoenix" was a reference to Fulgrim saving the Chapter after it's accident - it rose like a phoenix from the flames, and Fulgrim was nicknamed the Phoenician. (Which, apparently, was what the book was originally going to be called. I would have liked Phoenician and "The Last Phoenix" - it sounds much more intriguing)

Shuya
09-06-2007, 21:21
I was wondering what happened to the dreadnought as he wasn't mentioned after the firestrike

dr.oetk3r
10-06-2007, 05:51
Dreadnoughts can survive virus bombing ^ giant explosion of doom? o.O

reds8n
10-06-2007, 11:37
I don't believe we've had a description of Ferrus Mannus before, beyond his having metal hands. What does the book say?

They seem to be a lot more than just metal hands--seemingly he can sculpt/craft metal with them without heating the metal--seems to almost be like clay in his hands ! He also has silver eyes as well by the way... at least he does until....:angel: . He's an excellant craftsman--seems to honour his brother primarchs by making them weapons. He and Fulgrim are very close--as close at least as Horus and Sanguinus. The moral here being don't become good friends with a primarch.:p

Taller than most of the other primarchs, and his bodyguards/elites are called Morlocks after generic nasty beastie 101 from Medusa. Most ( all ? ) of these are equipped with terminator armour.... and there seems to be about 1000 of them. At least there was...:skull: !

malika
10-06-2007, 12:35
Ah another Primarch who is taller and bigger than the rest! :eek:

Fulgrim's Gimp
10-06-2007, 13:01
Shuya, it mentions what the person you've mentioned is doing and why, though not whether they've succeeded .

ryng_sting
11-06-2007, 12:44
Thanks - but what did Ferrus Mannus look like? I can't make much out from the photo of him and Fulgrim duelling on the cover art, beyond that he's carrying a huge spanner.

Rockerfella
11-06-2007, 19:38
The avatar battle? So.. who stomped the Avatar, surely nothing less than a primarch himself??

Cheers!

reds8n
11-06-2007, 21:48
The avatar battle? So.. who stomped the Avatar, surely nothing less than a primarch himself??

Cheers!

clever boy.:D . After he's taken out the "$%^&*($ and the $%^&* of course.:angel:

Rockerfella
11-06-2007, 21:54
clever boy.:D . After he's taken out the "$%^&*($ and the $%^&* of course.:angel:

As much as that makes my stomach turn, i need to know more. :D

Feel free to private me with the hidden meanings there if you're worried about spoiling it for other folk!

Cheers!