PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt lizardmen, rome inspired (not modelwise!)

sodapopinski
30-05-2007, 16:57
This army tries to be similar to a roman army, with heavy infantry, light harassers and powerful cavalry, it has no magic but at 6DD it can survive most opponents magic phase.

Please comment!!

2000 Pts - Lizardmen Army

Saurus Scar-Veteran 128 Pts
General; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Quetzl (+1save); Tepok (+1 dispel)

Saurus Scar-Veteran 128 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Quetzl (+1save) ; Tepok (+1 dispel)

Saurus Scar-Veteran 141 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Itzl (cold one); Tepok(+1 dispel)

Saurus Scar-Veteran 141 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Itzl(cold one); Tepok (+1 dispel)

10 Skink Skirmishers 60 Pts
Blowpipe

Blowpipe

Blowpipe

6 Saurus Cavalry 240 Pts
Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician

6 Saurus Cavalry 240 Pts
Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician

3 Terradons 105 Pts

3 Terradons 105 Pts

19 Saurus Warriors 296 Pts
Shield; Standard; Musician; Quetzl (+1 save); Tlazcotl (immune to psychology)

19 Saurus Warriors 296 Pts
Shield; Standard; Musician; Quetzl (+1 save); Tlazcotl (immune to psychology)

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 90

That Guy
30-05-2007, 17:12
Interesting idea, almost like a Lizardmen Dwarfs (plus speed!).

I'd make some of your skinks with shield and javelin. Aside from blowpipes not really being a Roman weapon, I think they're more useful on scouting skinks. But maybe that's just me.

I like that you didn't go nuts with the magic items. I just hope it doesn't bite you in the butt when enemy super characters or a Treeman gets into combat with your general. Best of luck!

sodapopinski
30-05-2007, 17:22
Thank you that guy.
I plan to use the skinks to screen my 2 infantry blocks and to cause some casualties with shooting, for that particular role which weapon combination do you suggest? since I reckon javelins and shields are more roman, but dont seem better than bpipes... i dont know, not a lizard player yet ;)

Edit: ah what the heck, with javelins and shields theyll go!!! so to fit more the theme. I stil think this list is somewhat competitive without bpipes, and the javelins might just make my opponent lose 1 rank and perhaps outnumber.

EndlessBug
30-05-2007, 17:29
VERY nice list :) though the Scar Vets will still take panc tests if their immune to psyc unit gets hurt, so you might end up with a character out of a unit. I'd consider dropping the tlaz marks and 1 cav from each unit and giving the scar vets some nice punch, i.e. 1 with Gleaming pendant, 1 with CoJag Warrior. also give the banner of huanchi to one of the cav units. think thats roughly the points spent.

CarlostheCraven
30-05-2007, 18:49
Hi

Love the list.

Personally, I prefer the javelins - you get fire them without penalty for moving and range. This makes them excellent for distraction. Thow in a 5+ armour save in combat, should that prove necessary, and they are much better all around.

Blowpipes only work well in games where they can take up a good position without the risk of being flushed out by enemy skirmishers.

Cheers,
Carlos the Craven

sodapopinski
30-05-2007, 20:53
Thank you very much guys.

@ endlessbug: chars that are not immnue to psychology that join units that are immune, become immune themselves! so no problem there, also I dont want to take out the tlaz spawning for 2 reasons: the background being roman heavy infantry where very tough and battle hardened, and secondly because it makes them much more reliable ;).
By the way im really pondering wheter or not giving some magic items to my vets (and that nice standard to the cold ones)- guess time and battle experience once ive bought and finished the models will tell (hopefully soon!)

@ carlos: thanks for that javelin advice! im more dtermined now to make the skinks have javelins and shields

brambleten
31-05-2007, 11:16
hi
this may be a roman list, but the Romans didnt have kroxigor:evilgrin: also try taking a skink chief with cloak of feathers to take out artillery.

Aldoran
31-05-2007, 12:20
1) No Oldblood?
2) Chars can only join units with same blessings(as far as i remember) so you have to take blessing of tepok for your sauruses.
3) No magical items? Well at least your opponent will be surprised :)

EndlessBug
31-05-2007, 14:00
2) Chars can only join units with same blessings(as far as i remember) so you have to take blessing of tepok for your sauruses.

Units with blessed spawnings may only be joined by charcters with the same blessed spawnings. Not the other way around, a unit of saurus without any spawnings CAN be joined by a character with any amount of spawnings. so in that sense he's allowed to have Tepok on his character but not on the unit.

that being said your scar vet will require the spawning of tlazcotl, as it is now he does break the above rule.

sodapopinski
31-05-2007, 16:02
hi
this may be a roman list, but the Romans didnt have kroxigor:evilgrin: also try taking a skink chief with cloak of feathers to take out artillery.

Ty, but for that purpose (and others) i have two units of terradons. not a big fan of korxigors tbh

1) No Oldblood?
3) No magical items? Well at least your opponent will be surprised :)

1) 60 points for +1 A W T WS ? not in this list, too tight for the units i want in the list, also the vets fulfill almost the same role
2)didnt know that!! that changes things, gotta work it out since i want those dispel dice, maybe forfeit immune to psychology? (help apreciated)
3) Tight on points, anyway I prefer more units than loads of magic items, im considering the additional move standard

Units with blessed spawnings may only be joined by charcters with the same blessed spawnings. Not the other way around, a unit of saurus without any spawnings CAN be joined by a character with any amount of spawnings. so in that sense he's allowed to have Tepok on his character but not on the unit.

that being said your scar vet will require the spawning of tlazcotl, as it is now he does break the above rule.

Any suggestion to work that out on my list?

EndlessBug
31-05-2007, 17:18
I still vote for lose the Tlazcotl marks on the units, Saurus are quite hard to panic anyway. Means you can take the standard on the cold ones. but if you're dead set then I'd just drop the Tepok from the 2 unmounted and give them Tlazcotl marks.