PDA

View Full Version : Is this too few models? (2150 friendly - Hordes of Chaos: Nurgle)

Nell2ThaIzzay
31-05-2007, 08:10
Daemon Prince
-Level 4 Wizard
-Mark of Nurgle
-Diabolic Splendor
-Cloud of Flies
-Stream of Corruption
-Master of Mortals

Exalted Champion of Chaos
-Hand Weapon
-Chaos Armor
-Mark of Nurgle
-Berserker Sword
-Enchanted Shield

Sorceror of Chaos
-Hand Weapon
-Chaos Armor
-Level 2 Wizard
-Mark of Nurgle
-Skull of Katam

Chaos Warriors (Chosen) - x15
-Hand Weapon
-Chaos Armor
-Shield
-Mark of Nurgle
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
-Champion
-Plague Banner

Marauders of Chaos - x15
-Hand Weapon
-Flail
-Light Armor
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
-Champion

Chariot of Chaos
-Mark of Nurgle

Chariot of Chaos
-Mark of Nurgle

Hellcannon of Chaos
-Diabolic Splendor

Model count = 36

The Hellcannon is a new addition to the list, just because I want to try it out. Normally, I have 2 Spawns and usually a unit of Marauder Horsemen to replace the points.

I've had Chaos for quite some time now, over a year, but I hardly ever play them, because they are so expensive that I always end up with such small armies.

I am pretty adamant about running a Daemon general, just because fluff-wise, Daemons are the reason why I got into the Chaos list.

It's just hard for me to create a decent list, because all the things I do like (Daemons, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Knights) are all so damned expensive, and the things that aren't expensive (Marauders) I pretty much despise.

How many models is a good amount of models in a 2150 game? Another thing I've thought about is taking off the Master of Mortals, and running units like Chaos Furies as my core choice makeup (since they are fairly cheap), and beef it up with a unit of Plaguebearers, and then have my Chaos Warriors as a Special choice. That way I don't have to worry about Marauders at all.

Sasha
31-05-2007, 10:01
you could save some points and not give your daemon 4 levels of magic. he's coming in at something like 600 pts and only has a 5+ ward save. he's going to be a magnet for artillery and thus a big risk. if you're going to keep him, i'd definately take some furies to hunt down that cannon that'll take off all his wounds in one shot.

you can only take one unit of furies per army, so would need some other daemons to make up your core choices so i'd stick with master of mortals.

yeah, i don't like marauders either, they just seem like chaos wannabies. you could take some knights instead and just charge as fast as possible with no screening, figuring your opponent can't kill everything before you get to him. it's risky and doesn't leave you open to much in the way of tactics. you'd also probably only want fast stuff so might leave the warriors behind a bit.

NecroNurgle
01-06-2007, 07:18
I agree with Sasha, the marauders aren't doing much for you at this point.
Lose them and get a beast herd and swap out your little sorc for a beast shaman. Having that kind of versatility will help you out more than a unit thats just going to be a speed bump for most things.

popisdead
01-06-2007, 20:40
yeah that list is painfully weak and, no offense, lame.