PDA

View Full Version : OK gorger charging

guillaume
31-05-2007, 17:40
I have a quick question:

Under the gorger entry in the Ogre Kingdom army, it states:

gorgers are treated as if it returns play after having pursued an ennemy off the table (therefore it may not charge that turn).

However under the ravenous special rule for gorger it states:

Gorger must always end their moves closer to the ennemy and if there is an eligible target for a charge, it must do so.

My question is, what if the gorger enters play within 12" of an ennemy unit? the "treated as returning" rule doesnt allow for charges to be declared, but the ravenous rules oblige for a charge if able (like frenzy).

So do I automatically move the gorger in combat or not?

Thanks

Crube
31-05-2007, 17:49
I would say that they can charge, as they are not declaring a charge as such, it's more of a compulsary move...

maybe...

TheWarSmith
31-05-2007, 17:57
No, because nothing on the table is an eligible charge on the first turn they're available, seeing as they cannot charge. It would specify if they could charge when they came into the game.

Jonke
31-05-2007, 18:04
The gorger come on in the remaining moves sub-phase. A target can only be eligible for charge in the declare charges sub-phase and in some cases the compulsory moves sub-phase (and magic phase).

Peace!

guillaume
31-05-2007, 18:39
The gorger come on in the remaining moves sub-phase. A target can only be eligible for charge in the declare charges sub-phase and in some cases the compulsory moves sub-phase (and magic phase).

So...it cannot?!

Although I could argue either way. ie: they come in, but must move toward the nearest ennemy unit because they are ravenous, but if the unit is within 6" then it just counts as a regular move...so it is not a charge per se, more a fact that it gets into contact with a unit.

lparigi34
31-05-2007, 18:59
Yes, must move towards the nearest enemy... and stop 1" away since the Gorger cannot charge it.

Read Jonke's post.

Nothing in the ravenous rule says that the Gorger does not declare a charge, it says that it must charge if possible and since its movement is not compulsory you must declare the charge if you want to do it.

The other only limitation to its movement is that it must move closer to the enemy, it does not say how much closer, it can be only an inch or two.

Atrahasis
31-05-2007, 19:19
The gorger doesn't have to move towards the nearest unit - it simply has to finish its move closer to enemy than it started. Since it started off the board, it can sit at the table edge on the first turn it appears.

lparigi34
31-05-2007, 19:40
The gorger doesn't have to move towards the nearest unit - it simply has to finish its move closer to enemy than it started. Since it started off the board, it can sit at the table edge on the first turn it appears.

Agreed, actually I deny my own first paragraph in the second one.

Thanks.

Crube
31-05-2007, 19:44
OK - I got that one mixed up....