PDA

View Full Version : 40k Mud??

Burnthem
10-08-2005, 21:47
Just asking if there is a 40K based MUD around online anywhere that anyone knows about?

Cade
11-08-2005, 18:32
There was one in development, but it got cancelled.

It's only very recently been ressurrected and is under construction right now!

WLBjork
11-08-2005, 21:29
There was a necromunda one, don't know if it's the same one, but I found it to be extremely limited

Cade
11-08-2005, 23:36
*Engage GW Shareholder Mode*

"On 21 June 2004, we announced the termination or our direct involvement in the development of Warhammer Online, a venture to operate a massively multiplayer online role-play game (MMORPG) set in the Warhammer wolrd. We have recently concluded as agreement with Mythic Enterprises Inc., the developer and publisher of Dark Age Of Camelot, who will develop MMORPGs set in the Warhammer world under licence from Games Workshop. Mythic Entertainment Inc. expects the first game to be realeased on PC in 2007."

Did you hear that???
FIRST game!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expect many more (if the first one sells!)

" In addition to the MMORPG licence, we have granted licences in relation to our intellectual property to certain publishers of console and PC based computer games. THQ Inc. published Dawn of War during the year, based on our Warhammer 40,000 property, and we have recently licenced Namco Hometek Inc. to publish games based on our Warhammer property."

Namco are basically making Warhammer: Total War.

*Disengage GW Shareholder Mode*

Y'know.....I always knew there was a good reason I bought those shares in GW all those years ago....

WLBjork
12-08-2005, 23:00
Ahh, Cade - a MUD is not a MMORPG.

Well, it is, but it doesn't have pretty graphics or anything.

But I was wrong, Necromunda is a MUSH called Forgetown.

Info here (http://www.mudlists.com/cgi-bin/mudlists/pm.pl?login=Monu&action=display&ID=)

and I just found this one as well:

Tides of Chaos
The Host Address address is: 150.250.66.37
The Port Number is: 6666

Not tried either before posting so they could be defunct.