PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get into AI

Majin
01-06-2007, 06:29
Hi guys looking for some information on AI, as I'm looking at picking it up for something new to try.

So, I was looking through the fleets and noticed that there aren't that many planes/ships at the moment, are there anymore in the book that they haven't released yet? And in the same question sort of, but for more races?

Ok next, How many points are the average game of AI? And how many ships is that normally around?

I think thats all :\

fattdex
01-06-2007, 06:42
All of the planes are released, except for the Imerial Aquila transport I think, and a few ground defences models.

We don't know of any more races to be added at this point, but we do know that they plan to support the game in the future with an expansion book with new aircraft, we have only seen previews of a superheavy chaos bomber that they have been building at this stage.

I think a normal pick up and play average game, being a dogfight with fighter aircraft, is about 90-120 points, which in terms of aircraft used is about 4-6 imperial planes, 6-8 ork planes, 7-12 chaos planes, 5-6 tau planes and 3-4 eldar planes. Of course, it all depends on what weapons you choose and what aircraft you choose to take.
There are many different missions and campaigns with different objectives and points levels.

90 points is a normal small game and 120 points is about medium sized game.

in terms of time it takes to play, a 90 point game is roughly like a 750 point 40k game (bout an hour) and a 120 point game is more like a 1500 point 40k game (1 1/2-2 hours).

Majin
01-06-2007, 06:52
Thanks for the quick response, hopefully I can get an order sorted out soon with some of the crew from WAU.

Now, is there much difference between how the different fleets work? Similar to their races in 40K?

fattdex
01-06-2007, 09:38
yep all of them are quite different, orks are quite cheap and deadly at close range but their thrust isn't great, eldar are very maneuverable, have high strength weapons and have a holofield save, imperials have a wide variety of planes with good performance and you can play them how you like, chaos are a horde as far as fighters go and great at short/medium range (but they only have one hit each), tau can put out a mass of firepower in and have good maneuvarability and thrust.

HarkonGreywolf
17-06-2007, 13:41
It strikes me that FW have gone remarkably quiet on the AI front of late.
Does anyone know if anything else is happening regarding new planes or anything?
The Orks could use rules for a Lander, especially as there is an Epic model for that very ship.
And a "superheavy" Ork plane would be fun! Alrhough it would be more of a "rok" which tends to fly straight .... down! ;)

HG

Brother Loki
17-06-2007, 15:04
It strikes me that FW have gone remarkably quiet on the AI front of late.

They've been in the throws of releasing the Siege of Vraks, remember. They don't really have enough people to do more than one thing at once. I should imagine we'll start to see info about future AI stuff in a couple of months, when that's died down a bit.

orangesm
17-06-2007, 15:26
Orks could use rules for a Lander, especially as there is an Epic model for that very ship.

You mean like this... (http://aerowiki.wikidot.com/ork-landa)

Mageboltrat's creation and he has fine tuned it a bit.

I am really hoping that FW is watching what the community comes up with for AI. Much like Epic I think that a fair number of the forces in the game can be filled out by player developed list with models being the only 'hard' part that players can not do on their own - but even then there are solutions.

HarkonGreywolf
17-06-2007, 17:24
Thanks for that link!
Now why didn't I spot that! I thought I'd looked all through Aerowiki!
Must be going daft in my old age! :o
LOL

HG