PDA

View Full Version : criminals

sagittar slaith
01-06-2007, 10:59
i am reasonably new to inquisitor. i was thinking if it would be possible to, instead of using a warband, use a group of small time criminals. i have written up thier profiles, but they still need a bit of tweaking. i have a leader, a muscle bound, dim-witted guy, a grease monkey and a hacker, the brains of the operation.

what do you think? any comments are welcome

Sarison
02-06-2007, 18:31
seems like a good idea, but the problem arises if you have a scenario that doesnt lend itself towards motivating the gangers to show up. if they are indeed small time criminals, they wont try to capture the Daemon Sword of Quixos. or maybe they will, depends on what their motivations are.

sometimes it is best to to trade the "Leader" character for an Inquisitor and have the rest of the gang think he is just and underhive scum lord that takes mysterious vacations and comes back with new bruises and cuts (for missions where he would need to keep his identity hidden, or use a different alter ego.)

precinctomega
04-06-2007, 10:36
Models first. Comment later.

R.

Charax
04-06-2007, 14:09
Ah yes, the Hacker archetype, because the Imperium is just full of people with an intimate knowledge of cogitators...

The Anarchist
24-06-2007, 17:43
this reminds me of Schaffers Last Chancers. you might want to read Kill Team by Gav T its not a bad book, might give youa few ideas for your team.
Sarison makes a good point that it might sometimes be hard to get your men into a senario. however if you don't want to replace your leader with an Inquisitor he could easily be one of an Inquisitors many agents (possible without even knowing its a Inquisitor). alternativly the squad could be guns for hire now that they have esacaped prison and need something to earn their money.
basicly almost anything is possible in Inquisitor, just gotta get a good story to back it up. some models would be nice as well :)
hope this helps

Kegluneq
25-06-2007, 10:28
The grease monkey and the hacker would likely be the same person, namely a renegade Techpriest/Acolyte. Not every cliche is easy to shoehorn into the 40k universe.

Sabbad
25-06-2007, 11:54
Ask your GM.

If I was your GM I'd say yes.

Decius
22-07-2007, 15:16
I have actually GM'ed an entire Inquisitor campaign where an actual inquisitor only showed up once, briefly, as a sort of end boss. The players themselves were actually crimminals/cultists and it worked out great.