PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Prince in chariot

Vattendroppe
01-06-2007, 11:16
This morning I thought of a combination that seemed pretty usefull, take a TP and get him the Golden eye of Kharnut and Icon of Rulership. This gives you one chariot with US 5, able to negate rank bonus then flanking and the chariot itself is immune to str 7 killing and has a 5+ ward save. A lone chariot is very easy to manouver to flank your opponent and I think that most people would overlook this guy. Give him a flail, light armour and shield and you've got a decent save on the prince also.

Have anyone tried this combination? And if, how well does it work?

UltimateNagash
01-06-2007, 11:55
The problem is that it is worth over 200 points... :( Therefore it will (probably) be easy to avoid...

jahorin
01-06-2007, 12:08
I've tough about a lone Prince/King on a chariot. But it seemed a bit weak, it's paying a lot for what it does. For flank harassment I prefer the flying King™ (cloak of the dunes, spear of antharax, scorpion armour). It doesn't negate rank bonus, but it will be able to hold a unit better.

theunwantedbeing
01-06-2007, 12:26
Okay...he doesnt get blown up by a st7+ hit,but he does take damage normally from the hit,which wounds on a 2+ and most likely does D3/D6 wounds(cannon hit).
Your chariot only has 3 wounds and is toughness 4,its not going to take muhc to destroy that chariot,even if it has a 5+ ward save.

The Golden eye of kahrnut is one item you should really tell your opponent about as he's going to shoot you anyway,so you may as well tell him and at least have the possibility of detering him from doing so,rather than letting him shoot you and him finding out he cant auto destroy you,but you still suffering a whole bunch of wounds in the process.

Mad Makz
02-06-2007, 01:57
I think a better combo is just a TP in a chariot with the Scorpion Armour.

Use him like you would use a Chaos Spawn, charge into an opposing unit heads on to hold them up while you manouver other units to flank them.

Only suffering 1 wound through combat res and starting with 3 wounds (plus the ability of liche priests to raise wounds back onto him) make this quite a viable tactic - especially in smaller point games under 2000 points where you have to take a TP anyway and you are generally short on proper units because you are paying so much for character slots.

sulla
02-06-2007, 03:10
Okay...he doesnt get blown up by a st7+ hit,but he does take damage normally from the hit,which wounds on a 2+ and most likely does D3/D6 wounds(cannon hit).
Your chariot only has 3 wounds and is toughness 4,its not going to take muhc to destroy that chariot,even if it has a 5+ ward save.

Yeah, I couldn't believe when I first read that item's description how poor it was. Did the armybook writer not want characters to ride chariots or something? You would think they should get look out sir even with 1 chariot next to them. As it is, you just get a unit of chariots and a character walking behind pretty quickly in the game vs most opponents with even a little artillery.

Better to save all those magic points and stick the prince into a combat infantry block.

Frankly
02-06-2007, 03:35
I think that most people would overlook this guy.

No one will over look a character that can charge in the magic phase, he's VPs ... people will target him, especially if he's roaming around by himself.

Alathir
02-06-2007, 08:58
I like this setup, could work wonders against Skaven!

zakk_wylde001
02-06-2007, 11:33
No one will over look a character that can charge in the magic phase, he's VPs ... people will target him, especially if he's roaming around by himself.

QFT

He can be decent on a flank if he's combined with a unit of Skeleton Horsemen or something similar, but there is no way he's going to hold a flank on his own. Even then, once a flank is held from light cavalry etc., ranked units are going to be the downfall of this character.

I say try it out, but be wary.

jahorin
02-06-2007, 15:10
I like this setup, could work wonders against Skaven!

A lone chariot against skaven? This guys is really looking to get creamed by warp lightning or ratling gun... or burn under the warpfire... not a good plan.

Lord Tzeentch
02-06-2007, 18:30
If you want him to do damage then give him chariot of fire and forget Golden eye of Rah Nutt. 5+ ward on the chariot isnt that great as it will still suffer D6 wounds from a cannon.

Frankly
03-06-2007, 13:37
QFT

He can be decent on a flank if he's combined with a unit of Skeleton Horsemen or something similar, but there is no way he's going to hold a flank on his own. Even then, once a flank is held from light cavalry etc., ranked units are going to be the downfall of this character.

I say try it out, but be wary.

But the OP said "lone chariot" and if your going to combine him in a unit then why give him US5.

Really, for those point you can actually get a solid little flanking chariot unit and with ALOT of points left over.

I actually think its a cool idea its one of those fun units you play all the time to check out idea and combos, but is it a great option ... not really.

zakk_wylde001
03-06-2007, 16:48
But the OP said "lone chariot" and if your going to combine him in a unit then why give him US5.

Really, for those point you can actually get a solid little flanking chariot unit and with ALOT of points left over.

I actually think its a cool idea its one of those fun units you play all the time to check out idea and combos, but is it a great option ... not really.

Not in the unit, alongside the unit, should have made that clearer I suppose.