PDA

View Full Version : Beatsmen! Two Faasend Points ov' 'em!

Aflo
01-06-2007, 14:53
Hi all
Just strung together a 2k army of Tzeentch beastmen for a game I'm having on Sunday. Have a look and tell me what you think :)

Beastlord
:MOT
:Armour of Damnation
:great weapon

Wargor
:battle standerd bearer
:Vitroilic Totem (I think that's what it's called...)
:The Goretooth

Wargor
:great weapon

Beast Herd 8 gors, 12 ungors
:full command

Beast Herd 5 gors, 5 ungors
:musician

Beast Herd 5 gors, 5 ungors

20 Bestigors
:full command
:The Gore Banner

5 Chaos Knights
:MOCU
:standerd bearer
:War Banner

5 Screamers of Tzeentch

10 Furies

3 Dragon Ogre
:light armour
:great weapons

Cheers
Aflo (Adam)

MarcoPollo
02-06-2007, 00:00
BSB can't have Vit. totem and goretooth.

You can cut down on the screemers and furries. 3 screemers and 8 furries are more optimal.

I think the bestigor unit too big. Plus they have a hard time with psychology, so you don't want them running at every cough.

Personally, I would not use bestigors and use minotaurs instead. With your extra points, really beef up one unit of beastherds. 8 gor 15 ungor is quite a good mix. Stick your characters in there and mash them up.

The Rune of the True beast is a solid item (if a little controversial). Because, beasts has trouble with big nasties, the rune of the true beast helps to negate this issue.

You should also find room for warhounds. These are one of the most underrated units in the game. For only 30 pts, you are purchasing a very nasty thorn in the side of your opponent.

rinto_tinto
02-06-2007, 13:52
I would agree that the bestigors are a bit of a point sink for only 1 unit, but I think them being able to outnumber a lot of enemy units is nice. They are also gonna be the target of nearly all magic and missile of all types as they will be seen as the biggest threat. If you want to keep it more balanced I'd go with a unit of 16 Bestigors as they will also be more manouverable, but hey it's your choice.

Lord Tzeentch
03-06-2007, 00:33
Its a bit small id make the beast herds bigger and put a chariot or 2 in their 85pts its a steal. Dradon ogres are good but id switch it for a unit of 4 minotaurs with great weapons. I like the Screamers of Tzeentch a great favorite of mine. The bestigors are a bit big but i thing if you want them to servive then keep them the same size but 19 instead so you can put your beast lord in them. Overall nice line up Tzeentch will be proud.