PDA

View Full Version : Final word on BSG

Vanus
01-06-2007, 21:10
Well, its actually official now. Sci-Fi channel has announced that this next season of Battlestar Galactica will be the last. I guess the producers and writers reached a point where they felt they could adequetly tell the rest of the story that needed telling in one 22 episode season.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=41709

To me this is good news. The series will have done its run, and told an amazing story without getting over drawn and boring.

thegnome
02-06-2007, 00:53
Yeah, I love the show dearly but I'm not bothered at all by the news. As soon as I found out the official word today, I just figured that at least this way it won't end up like so many other shows I've loved. The real question is: is anybody here going to watch The Bionic Woman, featuring several BSG castmembers?

Brother Munro
02-06-2007, 11:07
I think its a good thing actually, will the keep the show a classic for years rather than carrying on too long and loosing what made it good in the first place.

Minister
02-06-2007, 14:19
Myself I would have liked to see it done over four rather than three, but the main point is that they get a full season's warning rather than being ponced about over the end point.

heretics bane
02-06-2007, 20:21
ahh another good show about to go, it was pretty good whle it lasts and if it go's on to long(like star trek) kinda gets boring, so that means there gonna reach earth like in the 70's shows?

starlight
02-06-2007, 20:33
It also opens the door for more miniseries and maybe (hopefully) feature films.:D

Vanus
02-06-2007, 20:42
so that means there gonna reach earth like in the 70's shows?

The show will end how the writers want...who knows if that means the Colonials reach Earth or not.

heretics bane
03-06-2007, 14:43
be good if they did and earth and the colonials allie to kick some cylon ass

Sojourner
03-06-2007, 15:01
I can't imagine the solution is that straightforward. There is something about the relationships between Cylon, Human and God(s) that isn't clear and needs to be elaborated on. We can only guess as to what these truths might be.

starlight
03-06-2007, 16:55
Of course if ratings jump up and they open up more stories before the end, there is always the chance of additional seasons or miniseries or films. I'm sure this isn't the final word.:D

Gobbas
03-06-2007, 18:11
Myself I would have liked to see it done over four rather than three, but the main point is that they get a full season's warning rather than being ponced about over the end point.

But they are getting a fourth season. the third one was the one that "just" ended.

Or am I missunderstanding you?

starlight
03-06-2007, 18:14
Since seasons 1 and 2 are in stores, I was under the impression that 3 was currently airing....

The Judge
03-06-2007, 20:38
And four is gonna be made... so four seasons, and that's it.

Better not have half a million plotlines thrown into the last few episodes!

Gobbas
03-06-2007, 22:20
Season 3 has been done for a while. Maybe not everywhere though.

starlight
03-06-2007, 22:26
Damn Yankees!:p

firestorm40k
04-06-2007, 05:17
Season 3 ended it's run in the UK last month, but it's out on DVD in september - I cannot wait as I missed it on tv :( Season 4 will start in the states in January, whilst there will be a feature length special airing November-ish.

As for the end of the series, better to go out while it's still good, and I'm sure the ending will be the cause of much debate - but hopefully will tie things up well enough in regards to all the characters, major plot threads and significant sub-texts that it is satisfying to all.

Dwarf Supreme
04-06-2007, 20:48
The real question is: is anybody here going to watch The Bionic Woman, featuring several BSG castmembers?

I'm going to give a try, but I don't expect much. BSG aside, retread tv shows and movies tend to be not all that good.

thegnome
06-06-2007, 02:41
Damn Yankees!:p
I dunno, I watched in on Space the same night it aired on Sci-Fi in the US.

Delicious Soy
06-06-2007, 05:05
I think its a good move simply because its a story of human vs cylon. At some point that would be resolved and if they introduced a new foe for the colonials it'd stop being BSG anymore. Then again I think they're kinda able to do this simply because it doesn't have the weight of audience compared to shows like 24 or Lost.

starlight
06-06-2007, 05:32
I dunno, I watched in on Space the same night it aired on Sci-Fi in the US.

That's nice to hear. Last time I watched we were a half season behind.:( The Canadian premium pay channels were right up to date, but Space was behind.:(

thegnome
08-06-2007, 03:13
Then again I think they're kinda able to do this simply because it doesn't have the weight of audience compared to shows like 24 or Lost.
Well, according to ratings, Lost was hemorrhaging viewers for a lot of the last season, which is one of the popular hypotheses why ABC has already mapped out its shelf-life.

BodhiTree
08-06-2007, 03:26
That's nice to hear. Last time I watched we were a half season behind.:( The Canadian premium pay channels were right up to date, but Space was behind.:( I remember that was the case last year, but I exploited the internet to be up to date. This year we were on the ball though.

thegnome
09-06-2007, 15:12
There won't be any excuse for being late this next season, given the start date. And of course, it's the one time I'm not playing catch up (I didn't get caught up until January this year!)