PDA

View Full Version : unit command

narlix
02-06-2007, 12:59
ok say I have a unit of empire swordsmen that is 20 strong. 5 across 4 deep i have a standard champion, and musician. they get charged by a unit that causes them 5 wounds. since the full command group doesn;t get removed in prefernce of normal troops, would I still get 4 attacks back? one for standard bear one for the musician and two for the champion?

The wording in the rule book isn;t real clear on this and i haven't played since 5th really .

theunwantedbeing
02-06-2007, 13:03
Only the champion will survive assuming no attacks were made against him.
The rest of the front rank dies.
The models behind step forwards to replace the slain models,pikcing up dropepd standards and instruments as they go.

sds661
02-06-2007, 13:14
Agree with above, but note he could choose to direct some of his attacks against the champion, in an attempt to kill him. Must be nominated before attacking. Any extra wounds on champ (above 1) are wasted.

narlix
02-06-2007, 13:27
Only the champion will survive assuming no attacks were made against him.
The rest of the front rank dies.
The models behind step forwards to replace the slain models,pikcing up dropepd standards and instruments as they go.

see on pg 80 and 81 is says the standard is never taken as a causalty. you remove an ordinary trooper in preference to the standarbearer, even if the normal troop is not in base to base, this reads the standered bearer never died.

the musician has the same wording.

WLBjork
02-06-2007, 13:33
Read it again - it says standard bearers are not removed as casualties, as it is assumed that if the standard bearer is killed another warrior will pick up the banner and take his place. The same goes for the musician.

The Standard and Musician can be killed, but the models are not removed. However, it is not possible to strike back.

narlix
02-06-2007, 13:37
Read it again - it says standard bearers are not removed as casualties, as it is assumed that if the standard bearer is killed another warrior will pick up the banner and take his place. The same goes for the musician.

The Standard and Musician can be killed, but the models are not removed. However, it is not possible to strike back.

thats the fluff reason for them not being removed. the actually rule is what i stated above.

Tutore
02-06-2007, 14:10
Only champions can be individually targetted. Musician and standard bearer die as usual, but they are replaced by the other soldiers. When you come to few models, you actually have to choose whether the champion, the standard bearer or the musician are removed (if you had 4 models and 2 are killed, for instance).