PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblin netters, how many do you consider a "handful"?

Vile Snotsuckle
02-06-2007, 16:13
So, in the rules they leave the amount of netters you need in a regiment "ambiguous" or unclear. What is a "handful"?

Well, I think a handful is 3, thats a handful to me! What do you think?

Bloodknight
02-06-2007, 16:21
3-6 guys are enough. The netters are usually placed in the front or second rank.
I think the rule just means: indicate that there are netters in the unit.

Vile Snotsuckle
02-06-2007, 16:30
Well, since I'm a cheap ass and somewhat rational, I would say three!

My Goblin Units are about 40 strong! So, it would seem that more than three would be required! Meh, not in my book, they never bothered to mention "a handful for 20, and two handfuls for 40"

Festus
02-06-2007, 18:21
Hi

I either put one Netter in the unit (front rank) or no Netter in the unit. Guess which unit has Netters ... :D

Festus

Bloodknight
02-06-2007, 18:24
You cheapskate ! ;)

IŽd be fine with it, though.

Griefbringer
02-06-2007, 18:52
I would say that the only important thing is that it is clear that there are netters in the unit - one netter model should be enough, as long as it is placed in a visible position (preferably in the front rank). You can always say that the other netters have their nets hidden under the robes.

Of course, you could equip up to half of the unit with nets - the other half has to be armed with the proper weapons (unless you have ditched the WYSIWYG requirements), though they could be still modelled with some nets on thier bases, belts, hats, hanging from spears etc.

Talonz
04-06-2007, 06:52
How many can you fit in your hand and still hold them? Thats a handful.

I put all 7 of my netter models into 1 unit of 30.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
04-06-2007, 12:57
I would say that the only important thing is that it is clear that there are netters in the unit - one netter model should be enough, as long as it is placed in a visible position (preferably in the front rank). You can always say that the other netters have their nets hidden under the robes.

Of course, you could equip up to half of the unit with nets - the other half has to be armed with the proper weapons (unless you have ditched the WYSIWYG requirements), though they could be still modelled with some nets on thier bases, belts, hats, hanging from spears etc.

im the same with mine, always if they have nets in them then next to the command sits a netter, it would be nice to have loads in a unit but if you are on a budget 1 will do as long as it is clear they are there

Tutore
04-06-2007, 13:40
I use just one model in the front rank. It is still evident.

warlord hack'a
06-06-2007, 12:31
the youngest age you can play warhammer is what, 12 (what does it say on the box ;-)?) So you take the hadn of a 12 year old and see how many netters fit in ;-).

As for the wysiwyg rules, I think one shoud suffice, hey they are night goblins, they can hide three whole fanatics in there, a few nets mean nothing!