PDA

View Full Version : Toughness Test?

LightBulb4631
02-06-2007, 17:27
I was looking through the skaven codex and i saw that plauge censer bearers cause toughness tests:wtf: . I have NO idea what a toughness test is so can someone please tell me?

theunwantedbeing
02-06-2007, 17:41
1. Its a skaven armybook.
There is no skaven codex.

2.Page 5 of the main rulebook under characteristics tests.
Toughness is a characteristic.

Vattendroppe
03-06-2007, 18:08
1. Its [SIC!] a skaven armybook.
There is no skaven codex.

And you spelled "It's" wrong.

vampires are cool!
03-06-2007, 18:11
Toughness test; Roll a dice and comapre it to your toughness/opponants toughness. If the score on the dice beats it in any way then the negative effects of the weapon apply. A six is always a failure

theunwantedbeing
04-06-2007, 01:32
Vattendroppe.....you point out my incorrect use of the word its yet you fail to pick up on the various mistakes made by the original poster.

Anyhow isnt it bad grammar to start a sentence with the word "and"?
Surely somebody correcting my own grammar should have perfect grammar themselves.....

Anyhow already stated where to find the relevant rules,and vampires are cool(very true) kindly stated how to work out a toughness test.

loveless
04-06-2007, 04:13
Codex
Definition 3:
A Code or Book of Statutes

So...it's a rule book in some terms...

so guess what

There IS a Skaven Codex - Codex just happens to be a synonym for "rule book" in some instances

Take your apparent superiority and 40K hate and learn to love your fellow posters and their use of synonyms :P

Atrahasis
04-06-2007, 11:00
Codex is a 40k term, and it would serve anyone playing in both systems well to use the correct terms in each instance.

There exist many "false friends" between the systems and mixing terms only makes them harder to spot.

TheWarSmith
04-06-2007, 13:56
Codex just happens to be the name that 40k uses for its army rule supplements.

Army books ARE codexes, it's just not what they're titled by GW.

Festus
04-06-2007, 16:47
Hi

Army books ARE codexes, it's just not what they're titled by GW.
Codices, BTW, and a Codex is not a Rulebook, so it won't apply to an Armybook. An Armybook is not just rules or laws, it is more.

And Atrahasis is right: Better not to start mixing terms... (And it is indeed grammatically correct to start sentences with *and*. It may or may not be good style, though...

DeathlessDraich
04-06-2007, 18:11
And you spelled "It's" wrong.

and you missed the 'ly' in the adverb wrongly:D :p

What's codex?

I always thought it was Kotex!