PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon skinks and fanatics

Mouchliazo
02-06-2007, 21:24
Hi,

If I deploy a unit of chameleon skinks within, say, a forest and within 8" of a unit of night goblins containing fanatics, at which point do they trigger and exit their parent unit? I'm asking cause if they trigger when I deploy the chameleons and the o&g player goes first, then the fanatics will get to move before his "remaining moves" phase, but if they trigger with the very first movement either of the units of goblins or chameleons make, they will not move any more that turn. Any ideas?

skott4991
02-06-2007, 22:21
They will be launched before the orc and gobblin player gets to move.

theunwantedbeing
02-06-2007, 23:12
They get launched the moment the game starts if the chameleon skinks have deployed within 8".
But the skinks would count as appearing within 8" as they have done(they didnt move within 8").
So the fanatics should be released in random directions I belive.

Aelyn
02-06-2007, 23:40
They get launched the moment the game starts if the chameleon skinks have deployed within 8".
But the skinks would count as appearing within 8" as they have done(they didnt move within 8").
So the fanatics should be released in random directions I belive.

Not any more. They're released in a direction of the Greenskin player's choice.

Festus
03-06-2007, 08:21
Hi

, but if they trigger with the very first movement either of the units of goblins or chameleons make, they will not move any more that turn.
Why is that so?

Festus

Mouchliazo
03-06-2007, 10:56
I meant that if they trigger when the unit of night goblins moves in their remaining moves phase, then the fanatics will just exit the unit, but if they trigger at the beginning of the turn, they will also move in the compulsory movement phase.

Alathir
05-06-2007, 13:27
Yes indeed, they are let loose. Which makes waywatchers and chameleon skinks some of the ultimate fanatic bait.

...Although the Green Knight is still the best at that for me

warlord hack'a
06-06-2007, 12:01
In the scenario you describe: as soon as the first movement turn of the game starts the fanatics will be released, in a direction of the gobbo players choice. Then everything else happens as normal, e.g. the skinks can still move if it is their movement phase, the gobbo parent unit can still move if it is the gobbo's turn.

Only in the first compulsory movement phase of the gobbo player in the turn AFTER the fanatics have been released will the fanatics move randomly.

So if the O&G player gets the first turn he will get a round of movement to try and get away from his fanatics, if the skinks go first then the O&G players will have to wait till after his fanatics have moved compulsory..

As far as tactics go, this is quite a good fanatic pulling one if you feel the fanatic threat is worth the effort..