PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen - Ambush with fleeing general?

kakmonstret
02-06-2007, 23:49
As stated above, we had an argument about my besties general could sound the horn when fleeing?

no rule denys it but nothing confirms it either!?

what is the correct thing?

DarkTerror
03-06-2007, 01:21
As stated above, we had an argument about my besties general could sound the horn when fleeing?

no rule denys it but nothing confirms it either!?

what is the correct thing?

Nothing denies it. So therefore all rules are obeyed.

Ganymede
03-06-2007, 04:36
the rulebook says that fleeing units can not fight, shoot, or use magic. I don't think blowing the brayhorn is any of these.

Griefbringer
03-06-2007, 06:46
I can imagine the beast lord blowing the horn to bring the other beastmen to the battle as a distraction, so that he can safely escape! :)

kakmonstret
03-06-2007, 21:45
I can imagine the beast lord blowing the horn to bring the other beastmen to the battle as a distraction, so that he can safely escape! :)

yep thought so too. but he ran 11" with his group so my opponent thought how the heck does he manage that when running at full speed?

the rulebook says that fleeing units can not fight, shoot, or use magic. I don't think blowing the brayhorn is any of these.

Nothing denies it. So therefore all rules are obeyed.

exactly as what i meant aswell, didn't find anything against it. but nothing for it either? i guess i can sound it when fleeing then. good 2 know.

Gabacho Mk.II
03-06-2007, 22:58
I have to disagree: I dont believe that you can sound the horn when you are fleeing.

While I do not have my book with me, when fleeing all you could do is flee, and not use items. Gotta look it up to be sure though.

[must be rules covering this very sort of occurance]

Grudgebringer88
04-06-2007, 00:05
I have to disagree: I dont believe that you can sound the horn when you are fleeing.

While I do not have my book with me, when fleeing all you could do is flee, and not use items. Gotta look it up to be sure though.

[must be rules covering this very sort of occurance]

If a unit command musician can sound a horn to rally his troops while fleeing, it's not too much of a stretch to believe a beastlord could do so as well.

MarcoPollo
04-06-2007, 04:24
Very good point Grudgebringer88,

Sound the horn. It doesn't matter if you are fleeing for this.

Ganymede
04-06-2007, 14:38
In 6th edition, the rule which said a fleeing unit could do nothing beside flee was very apparent.

In 7th, the kinda just say you can't shoot, cast spells, use magic items, or fight.