PDA

View Full Version : How many have died under your command?

Ravenous
03-06-2007, 09:45
Just thought of something random while I was watching saving private ryan and Tom hanks says "Do you know how many have died under my command?" Followed by "98".

That got me thinking how many Eldar/guard/marines/whatever have I sent to their deaths.

Luckily enough I keep a rough track record wins/ties/losses of my previous armies. The following are all rough estimates:

Marines: 250
Imperial guard: 1000+ (150 infantry 57games with very few wins)
Orks: 800
Chaos:600
Daemons: 200+
Eldar: 1000+ ( My core army that gets the most gametime)
Tyranids: 1000+
Tau:100

And Im working on sisters later this summer. So over the years I have sent more then 4000 helpless souls to their deaths.

What says you? How many have died under your command?

Reaver83
03-06-2007, 09:52
my bezerkers may die, but they have a good death, and khorne is pleased.

But seriously, i think it's rare to not loose a significant number of your forces, i doubt and of it would be considered 'acceptable' by todays standards

Corrupt
03-06-2007, 09:55
But seriously, i think it's rare to not loose a significant number of your forces, i doubt and of it would be considered 'acceptable' by todays standards

LMAO
Too true
Dont think the British Army would smile upon my ordering bayonet charges instead of waiting for armoured support to take bunkers. Works though.
Average losses per game is around 60-70% among my Guard Infantry
Platoons take the worst of it
I'd say iv lose about 3000 men under my command.
Number of times its bin 50+ Firewarriors in cover and Iv just outrigfht sprinted 4 platoons across the board to take them..

I feel for them I really do, they're my boys...and Il save every one I can, I like it when over half of them return safely. But if they all die in an attrition war for victory...well they signed their lives over to the emperor and died in his service. Plenty more where they came from

daladzor
03-06-2007, 10:03
i have not a clue, thousands of guardsmen
numerous occasions where my entire guard army has been killed to a man,
ermm, usuaully happens in vey lartge battles
so , thousands
i ave a very bad win record with the guard

Corrupt
03-06-2007, 10:04
Love the way of all the posters so far 75% said
I lose thousands of Guardsmen...meh, they replacable.
We so caring us Guard Officers....

Ravenous
03-06-2007, 10:08
Thats one of the perks of Guard.

You can kill a billion of them and there will be billions more to take their place.

carlisimo
03-06-2007, 10:09
Don't let me ruin those feelings, but I don't consider most casualties to be dead. Except when it comes to Imperial Guard. And Tyranids, they can all die too.

But a soldier can be knocked out of a fight by something small. Bullets that hit a bulletproof vest can be as forceful as getting hit by a hammer and that'll stop you for a moment (and 40k battles are short). Power and Eldar armor might stop working, or might heal various concussions or wounds. Maybe the guy who was "killed" by a lascannon hit was actually only temporarily blinded by it.

Otherwise I've lost hundreds of Eldar Guardians and that would be tragic...

ctsteel
03-06-2007, 10:12
well look at it this way - the imperial logistics machine is so huge, that it is nigh impossible to slow or stop it from doing what it has been created to do.

as a result, the guard recruit rate will not slow or stop, and if there weren't 'vacancies' constantly available for them to fill on transport ships and training facilities, they won't have enough shelter, food, weapons enough to go around. The new conscripts would starve or be thrown into battle naked.

Those boys NEED your guardsmen to die, that they may take over their place in the glorious imperium's army. You are doing your job by sending them to their deaths - you are in fact preventing famine and loss of morale by ordering that bayonet rush. Go forth fearless commanders, and send your men to die, that others may take their place! I salute you!

;) :p

MrBigMr
03-06-2007, 10:14
Too many guardsmen in too little games. I'm afraid they'll frag me if I won't bring them victory soon. But hey, if the army declared me as unfit to command, what else can you expect?

Eniac
03-06-2007, 11:06
I don't for one second imagine that all my losses in battle actually die, most I assume will be merely badly wounded. Depends how they get whacked. Say I get into a firefight with a bunch of guard or something. I can be fairly certain my boys (be they eldar, marines or Tau) could get away with just a flesh wound or some other incapacitating but non-fatal injury. But if a bunch of my FW were hit by an earthshaker round I can safely assume those not instantly vapourised were blown into many many many small parts or just liquidised by the force of the blast.

Brother-Hyuuga
03-06-2007, 11:18
It doesnt matter for Tyranids. They are just cogs in a merciless alien killing machine. When your defenses fall (and they will) we eat everything and recycle our losses back into our ranks.

Anubis_the_Harlie
03-06-2007, 11:22
Well, being a fan of conscript platoons that get sent in to battle against the enemies best CC troops to slow them down every game...

Yeah I think somewhere in the thousands.

superknijn
03-06-2007, 11:51
About 80. For a Guard player, it's a sure indication that I need to play more often.

Eniac
03-06-2007, 12:05
Lol, thinking about all the poor guardsmen I have killed over the years. They die in droves, like wheat in a field being cut down. It's crazy, all you have to do is fart in their genral direction and most die. Thank god they have tanks is all I can say.

Bookwrak
03-06-2007, 12:05
"It would take more years than a man holds in his life to read every name from the roster of the dead."

IG of course.

Angelwing
03-06-2007, 13:49
Colonel Cockroach says: Plenty more where they came from!
I dread to think how many models have been 'killed' under my command...

nazrag
03-06-2007, 14:12
a friend of mine play eldar..after one year of playing them, he calculated that he'd lost close to 90% of the entire eldar race :D

five01st
03-06-2007, 14:37
Used to play Tau vs. Tyranids on a board measuring bout 40 in. X 40 in. Yeah... that was gory. Whoever got first turn slaughtered the other army. Evil when 20 or so genestealers wipe out couple of tanks and infantry in one go. Better when 24 Fire Warriors Rapid Fire Infiltrating Genestealers. Games would end in like 4 turns at worst.

I don't want to think about all the losses then but, what was the least ammount of people you ever lost in a game? Mine would be the one where I DSed my IG next to the Tau and managed to get a couple of squads with a LUCKY Leman Russ' Battle Cannon shot and got the battle suits with my Storm Troopers. I was very lucky in that I lost maybe 20 at most and my Chimera got immobilized. There was a lot of terrain and he was waiting for me to come running at him while he used his jetpacks.

gLOBS
03-06-2007, 14:46
Wow ten years of playing Tyranids adds up prolly to 10k-15k+. Hell lose 50 or so in a small game even after 100 games thats 5k at least.

MrBigMr
03-06-2007, 14:57
"Losses are acceptable, defeat is not."
-Motto of the Imperial Guard.

Spell_of_Destruction
03-06-2007, 15:08
The way I see it only about a third or so of casualties not caused by 'instant death' result in fatalities. I imagine that Eldar, Tau and Space Marines all have advanced means of retrieving seriously injured troops quickly and administering the necessary aid for the soldier to survive. Injured guardsmen can probably expect to spend several hours on the battlefield before being taken to a field hospital.

hivefleetcarrion
03-06-2007, 15:30
gods it would be thousands of nids, at least 1-2 companies of dark angels and deamon-hunters, same with black legion and 1k-sons, though im proud to say that none of my necrons have died :)

kill them and they rise again :D

Chaos and Evil
03-06-2007, 15:47
I play Imperial Guard and Tyranids in Epic, so...

50,000 individuals?

boogle
03-06-2007, 15:50
About a Regiment's Worth of Steel Legion
the same for Elysians
a quarter of a Sisters convent
a Super Heavy Tank Company
A Warhound
Half a Company of Marines
A Berzerker Warband

although my Elysian's medics have saved quite a few lives in their glorious defeats

Partisan Rimmo
03-06-2007, 15:54
Wow, love this idea.

Let's see, I've been playing 40K nearly 7 years?

That's 350 weeks gaming.

On average how many games a week have a played over my career? That's a toughie. I reckon I average out at maybe slightly over a game a week over the course of 7 years. Call it 400 games.

Out of the 400 games, I've won/drawn 80% of them I would say. Maybe 85%?

Let's simplify and say that a lost constitutes being wiped out, and a win/draw will involve 50% casualties. Doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

Ratio of games played with varying races probably turns out like this:

Marines - 25%
Chaos Marines - 10%
Eldar - 5%
Dark Eldar - 20%
Tau - 10%
Guard - 25%
Orks - 5%

Average number of models used per game per race will look about like this:

Marines - 60
Chaos Marines - 50
Eldar - 25 (Hooray Iyanden!)
Dark Eldar - 80
Tau - 70
Guard - 150
Orks - 120

Slap all this together and we get:

Marines - 3600
Chaos Marines - 1200
Eldar - 300
Dark Eldar - 3840
Tau - 1680
Guard - 9000
Orks - 1440

TOTAL = 21,060

Of which 12,600 were loyal soldiers of the Emperor.

Wow, those numbers are startling. I thought I'd break the 10,000 mark, but by the Emperor, my Guard alone have nearly done that. Not only that, but I've managed to demolish 3 and a half Chapter's worth of assets during my time. Over 4 Chapters if we include Traitor marines. And over 4,000 Eldar souls lost to the void? Wow some Archons must be irate at me.

And that, gentlemen, is how we play 40K.

Don't get me started on trying to work out my BFG results.... :rolleyes:

downundercadet07
03-06-2007, 16:00
I play super-elite eldar (the cheapest model I field is 22 points) So when I win I usually lose around 12 men, and when I lose, around 30-35. Assuming a prism has a crew of two men, Add four to both of those numbers. I don't play that much though, so I would say about 400 world-weary, wandering starfarers have met their demise under my command. I guess that is why they say it is dangerous to walk the path of the outcast...

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
03-06-2007, 16:25
I played about 18 games during last 2 years with my Night Stalkers.

My Army (Night Stalkers using AoD or traited marine rules) usually have about 25 man including crew per Battle. I usually lose about 10 men per win and about 20 per draw. With 16W and 2D it is 200 incapacitated marines.

Only 1/10 (when game result is Draw) or even 1/20 (secured territory means better options to help injured marines) is dead after such treatment(my chapter recruits came form Obtenebra planet - and some tribes have abnormaly fast regeneration rate).

So under my command i lose about 12 Emperor Chosen.

TheEndIsHere
03-06-2007, 18:04
0 a big 0

Necrons own

TheEnd

cleansingfury
03-06-2007, 18:06
With my new army, 10 marines a game, it just sits back and shoots. Over time 200+

monkiman
03-06-2007, 18:21
I am single-handedly responsible for the Eldar being a dying race :D

Elcampbello
03-06-2007, 19:24
Can I just leave it at lots?

heretics bane
03-06-2007, 19:44
I actually havent lost alot of men besides a few regiments of guards, a unit of celestians but the cannoness in the unit bravely stood against 20 eldar taking two wounds then limping into building

Maximus_Prime
03-06-2007, 20:01
I think I've lost the entire Dark Angels chapter (excluding ezekial and azrael)

Grubnar
03-06-2007, 20:51
well look at it this way - the imperial logistics machine is so huge, that it is nigh impossible to slow or stop it from doing what it has been created to do.

as a result, the guard recruit rate will not slow or stop, and if there weren't 'vacancies' constantly available for them to fill on transport ships and training facilities, they won't have enough shelter, food, weapons enough to go around. The new conscripts would starve or be thrown into battle naked.

Those boys NEED your guardsmen to die, that they may take over their place in the glorious imperium's army. You are doing your job by sending them to their deaths - you are in fact preventing famine and loss of morale by ordering that bayonet rush. Go forth fearless commanders, and send your men to die, that others may take their place! I salute you!

;) :p

Now that is just EVIL!

I guess I have lost a few thousand greenskins during my years of gaming, but most of them were grotz so Im not loosing any sleep over it.

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
03-06-2007, 21:04
Now that is just EVIL!

I guess I have lost a few thousand greenskins during my years of gaming, but most of them were grotz so Im not loosing any sleep over it.

hey but orks have great regeneration ratio - so not every casualty means dead ork - in fact most survive anyway.

Bunnahabhain
03-06-2007, 21:14
Roughly 3-4000 Guardsmen killed, and several hundred shot for cowardice by the commissars, after having run off.

This is only because I don't get to play enough. If I did, the numbers would be far, far higher...

Lostanddamned
03-06-2007, 21:20
Millions have died under my watchful eye - It's the problem with my armies - they tend to the fleshy and disposable.

Railgunner
03-06-2007, 21:30
After reading this thread i shall now start recording my losses :D and then maybe produce a monthly casualty report.

RG

Karnage
03-06-2007, 21:32
I've probably killed countless Guardsmen over the years, but I guess what they say is true, for every one that falls, ten more take their place :P

Tammo_Korsai
03-06-2007, 21:42
I lose all too often, estimate my chapter, the Eagles of Kai have lost over 2-3 companies over the years but I think not all of them would be truly dead, for many live on in dreadnoughts and others are tended to by the apotacaries. Lost lots of Eldar too.

linvus232
03-06-2007, 21:48
Thousands of Tyranids, but who cares? They're there to die.

In this respect, some of the worst conscience-hitters for dying under your command have to be the Grey Knights...you can't help but feel a twinge of guilt whenever you lose one.

Getifa Ubazza
03-06-2007, 21:55
I play Tyranids, so couldnt tell you how many Gaunts ive lost on the battlefield, it would be in the high thousands though. I think i may have lost maybe 3 Flyrants since i got the model, he seems to die to easy for my liking. I dont tend to lose that many Carnies or Stealers, but really feel it when i do.

max the dog
03-06-2007, 21:58
I play a nid swarm, losses are an expected and planned for event. After all we invented the 40K meat shield. So after 200 or so games I won't even count how many gaunts have died other than to say it's about 8000+. genestealer losses may be close to 2000. Losses of the big guys, my tyrants and fex's, are a different story. It's a rare event and they don't make it to every game. Plus the rest of the swarm tends to die so they may live. All in all I might have lost 30 or 40 fex's and maybe 20 tyrants. They're tough to kill and by the time my opponents get them close to death the swarm is usually there to do it's thing.

But how many has my swarm killed? Let's just say a few chapters have fed the digestion pool.

DalekSek
03-06-2007, 22:04
1000's of guardsmen and tyranids. my entire company of Black Templar, except my chaplain, he just won't lie down and die.

xibo
03-06-2007, 22:08
My Guard might have lost whole regiments, but it will never loose it's faith.

Templar Ben
04-06-2007, 00:27
Not everyone dropped is dead.

Steel_Legion
04-06-2007, 00:59
too many... 3years of guard playing nearly every week... easily in the thousands

Ronin_eX
04-06-2007, 02:14
That little piece of fluff saying the DA have more terminator suits than anyone else? It has to be true because I have lost way more than 100 terminators at this point (actually it's still suprising there's a chapter left as well).

guardsmen529
04-06-2007, 02:23
I've been playing guard for about a year (not to mention all my armies before then :p) now so probably upwards of 3000 or so... thats alot of letters home... ;)

guardsmen529
04-06-2007, 02:29
That little piece of fluff saying the DA have more terminator suits than anyone else?

Well the DA whole 1st company is termies, as apposed to other chapters where the 1st is a mix of termies and vets; so DA would have around about 100 terminator suits all up. ;)

cailus
04-06-2007, 02:32
Since I restarted Orks in early 2005 I've sent about 4,000 of them to their deaths.

My marines have had such a massive loss ratio that I have declared the entire Impaler chapter as lost and I no longer play them.

My Tau did alright. I usually fielded about 56 models of which 8 were gun drones. Given my win ratio I probably only sent several hundred of them to their deaths.

AngryAngel
04-06-2007, 07:21
No man who died in my service died in vain, I promise you all. Though if I had to give voice to a number I'd say, roughly about 600 marines. Give or take some with how many die in vehicles.

Cpt_NinjaPants
04-06-2007, 07:25
Grim reapers- 40 ish
Angry Marines- 175 ish
Wood Elves (STFU!)- 100 ish

Axel
04-06-2007, 07:38
You need but around five to ten games with guard to reach 1000.

Actually, see my sig...

chromedog
04-06-2007, 08:24
At one time I played Crimson Fists. I've had no trouble eradicating the remains of the chapter from existence. Now that I play a more codex chapter (untraited), my record remains roughly the same.

Could be that I lack the killer spirit, though. I play for the fun of it. It doesn't actually bother me if I lose. My opponents at my club like to brag that they've 'beaten a veteran', but if even if I win, I'm only thumping munchkins (I'm double the age of the oldest other member).

Griffin
04-06-2007, 09:08
Havn't been playing for very long - I estimate about a 1000 - 200- casualties total.

silence
04-06-2007, 09:09
ohh, It must be tens of thousands of imperial guardsmen from a variety of regiments dating all the way back to pre-constructed (cadian, mordian, etc.).
Seriously, I must be considered a hero of the Imperium by now, think of all the extra rations, ammo, and general supplies I have saved, and by sending so many souls to the Emperor, I have released them from the temptation to turn into mutinous traitors, soooo i want a medal for that as well.

spikydavid
04-06-2007, 09:50
Interestingly, one of my friends is keeping track of his games to see how long it's going to take him to "kill" off an entire chapter of Space Marines - you can see his progress here - http://sonsofmanus.blogspot.com

KaldCB
04-06-2007, 10:00
I do think I have sent an entire deathwing company to the death.

Lord Cook
04-06-2007, 10:04
I don't understand how there are so many marine players, because I know for a fact I have destroyed the entire ultramarines chapter over the years, and probably most of the space wolves.

As for my casualties? I play a semi-successful all infantry guard army. In other words, I don't think I can count that high.

Lolly Pop Chewer
04-06-2007, 12:15
Very little because I am amazing.

Shadowphrakt
04-06-2007, 12:27
my whole army has died a couple of times. thats about 50 models. out of about 10 games, 300 have died. although i think ive wiped out about the whole of the 55th cadian army. twice.

Deathwing_Matt
04-06-2007, 12:48
I suppose the game is geared up to be a gorefest where often little survives in a game. Plus the fact that many people on here have played hundreds of games over the years means that between us it could well be heading to the millions. Then think of all those players who do not use this website.

I suppose it reflects the enormity of the 40k galaxy

jfrazell
04-06-2007, 14:25
Lets see

~300 demons
~two chapters of marines, good thing they heal quickly!
~a couple of brigades of guard
~maybe six tank platoons
Epic:
~three titans
~two IG superheavies
~multiple guard brigades and tank companies
~Craftworld Bandido has lost entire wings of wild riders, multiple super heavies, and more than its fair share of falcon tanks…

BFG
~entire fleets of Dark Eldar ships
~ a planet or two, not to worry, there’s more there…

Colonel Deal
04-06-2007, 16:41
I don't think I've lost many of my Imperial Guard or Iron Warriors, but probably most of the army if not a couple of times over by now. As for my Orks, well, since 2nd Ed I've probably lost an entire Waaagh by now. My Orks seem to die in masses, but they always drag a few of the enemies down as well so fight's a good'un.

The Song of Spears
04-06-2007, 17:05
Also the BGB does mention that not all models dropped are dead. many are simply out of the battle for injuries. So i am guessing there is some basic percentage that can be applied to each games casualties, showing you true number of casualties.

Based on that i bet there are hundreds more guard alive with missing legs, arms, or back on the line with a few extra scars.

to OP:
Fun topic though. I plan on keeping accurate account of my Eldar seeing as numbers matter most to them...

Axel
04-06-2007, 17:15
Also the BGB does mention that not all models dropped are dead. many are simply out of the battle for injuries. So i am guessing there is some basic percentage that can be applied to each games casualties, showing you true number of casualties.

Given the nature of the 40k universe, I am quite sure that this only applies to the winning side. You can safely assume that any casualties of the loosing side will be final - sooner or later.

The Song of Spears
04-06-2007, 17:49
Oooh Axel, you got me there... So then you count all models as dead in a game you loose, but only a fraction of the models in a game you won... i had better get to practicing with me eldar...

Mr Zephy
04-06-2007, 19:03
I've lost, ooh, handful of dozen Tau and auxiliaries?

Not tooo bad, but the toll on Shas'Os...

sir.spamalot
04-06-2007, 19:26
Lets see, 130+ orks= 30 or so games. Casualty rate of over 75%.

that equals-too many :p

cheers, the spam man

answer_is_42
04-06-2007, 20:30
Hmmmm.....This is a fun thread.... :D .
Lets see, 8 years of nothing but guard.
Average of 2 games a week, around 75 troopers per game, plus tanks, so say 85 of the little guys.
Each week I would say I lose around 60 men plus 2 tanks, so around 70 per week.
70x48 (minus some for weeks on hols etc).
Thats around 3360 troops per year.
3360x8=26,880
Plus around 768 tanks (minus crews).
Of course, it could be much higher or lower than that, as some weeks i'm massacered, and others I win with not much of a scratch. plus, i've been playing less recently. But I'd say thats a preety good estimate.

NotElite
15-06-2007, 18:23
I've already run through my entire Space Marine chapter once. Back in second edition I was keeping track and wouldn't field "dead guys". But that became impractical after a while, especially since I'd have had to promote "buck privates" to chapter master to keep up...

The scary thing is my new Guard are catching up fast!

||-MARKO-||
15-06-2007, 18:33
Too many :p

A hell of a lot of space marines.Mainly blood angels. a few hundred perhaps?plus tanks. The tanks aways get shot because theyre better painted :(

but on the other hand. one hell of a lot has died at my command. Ive killed at least a few thousand in the time ive been playing...

Marko

Lindworm
15-06-2007, 18:52
A friend of mine... who doesn't even collect, he just is a lazy bugger and uses my tyranids affectionately... lost 0 tyranids in one FFA game of Tyranids, Eldar and Tau.
I was Tau... and the Ethreal died, so the last Broadside decided to run off the board... NOT GOOD!

colmarekblack
15-06-2007, 20:13
Ohh hard to tell I think I've lost 100 Spacemarines and about 300 Guardsmen (Last Chancers) in the last 6 months. This is only a guess mind and the true figures are probably in the thousands.

wischhusen
15-06-2007, 21:52
hmmm i play orks
ok seeing as i use tatcis such as parking ma trucks infront of demolsiher cannons i assume its a very very high number

im a BAD MAN

ajthrax
15-06-2007, 22:43
Maybe about 200 marines, 80 empire, 400 nids, 150 dwarfs

stjohn70
15-06-2007, 22:46
In my time... the entire Blood Angels chapter has died, several times over.

Popsicle
15-06-2007, 23:40
Too many to count.

Frankly
16-06-2007, 00:55
I play DE and Swarm Nids

Nid are meant to die and DE die from as little as a common cold, so I'd say an easy 7K.

Biomass Denial
16-06-2007, 02:29
Spinegaunts are meant to die and they do so in droves, ive been playing 2 months and ive killed 200 of them as well as about 50 stealers, 5 fexs, 6 Zoanothropes, 2broodlords and 2 tyrants

fwacho
16-06-2007, 10:26
i generally lose about half my tanks and pehaps 70% of my infantry in an average game. or about 60% of my points.
I've lost a lot of good troopers.

El_Phen
16-06-2007, 11:17
I've played for nearly 20 years..I'd rather not think about the numbers involved. In an amusing side story, my home-brew chapter, created January 2006 I think, was played with for almost all of that year. In a big game at the end of the year (using the four companies of them I own), my objective was to hold part of a city containing cloning equipment because my casualties that year had been so high.

So in summary I've wiped out:

Quite a few space Marine chapters, several million Orks (I'm not exaggerating here), what's left of the World Eaters legion and a number of Chaos warbands including daemons (again in numbers I'd rather not think about).

Anvils Hammer
16-06-2007, 17:15
humm... I dont remember my tau, ork and chaos losses, im guessing quite alot over 5 years of gaming.

my main army at the moment, IG, I normally lose almost all my infantry, as I play a tank list and the infantry are expendable. say average 30 men per game. ive played ive played probs about 40-50 games with the army. so thats anywhere from 1200 to 1500 Sethra !st Storm troopers killed in action,

Its also worth noting that in that time ive also probable lost approx 200 armoured vehicles.

sounds about right, Im about to retire the army from active play, and ive lost most of the regiment.... the fluff runs true! :)

Brother Alecium
16-06-2007, 18:21
Just thought of something random while I was watching saving private ryan and Tom hanks says "Do you know how many have died under my command?" Followed by "98".

That got me thinking how many Eldar/guard/marines/whatever have I sent to their deaths.

Luckily enough I keep a rough track record wins/ties/losses of my previous armies. The following are all rough estimates:

Marines: 250
Imperial guard: 1000+ (150 infantry 57games with very few wins)
Orks: 800
Chaos:600
Daemons: 200+
Eldar: 1000+ ( My core army that gets the most gametime)
Tyranids: 1000+
Tau:100

And Im working on sisters later this summer. So over the years I have sent more then 4000 helpless souls to their deaths.

What says you? How many have died under your command?

You also have to remember that unless hit by a weapon that causes instant death then the model is not always dead. Just wounded in such a way that they are not able to fight on.

Splagbot
16-06-2007, 18:25
How many?

I play Guard, so you take the 150 infantry I take as standard, mix in the amount of Tau Pulse Rifle shots my brother throws at me every game we play, taking into account for the the tanks I've lost and the command squads I take, carry the three and multiply that number by 20 and that comes erm....a lot!

alextheterror
17-06-2007, 03:59
i had the bizzarest battle with my friend the other day who played chaos it was a 1000pt battle and i lost 4 gaunts and 6 genestealers i was shocked becuase he is a pretty good strategest but the lictors i guess were to fast...
over all i don't know how many nid's i have lost
for my tau i estimate about 200 deaths
and my chaos space marines about 300.

my tau and chaos though they are newish so they have yet to shed blood.

shutupSHUTUP!!!
17-06-2007, 04:01
Thousands.

Gutlord Grom
17-06-2007, 04:07
Well, lets see.I lose most games with my Marines in desperate battles and last minute melees. And the total annihalation of my Crusade on a game be game basis, I would say neatly two to three thousand.

Shockwave
17-06-2007, 05:57
Well, It woud seem that i'll be soon starting a guard army, so i might be able to keep an accurate account of my losses with them.

Going on these assumptions
With a loss, deaths a total. Ie, you lose 80 men and the game, 80 men are KIA.
With draws and wins going with these rough numbers.
HtH deaths are 60% if you win, total if you lose.
Instant deaths are kills. Other loss's are 30% kills.
Vehicles. You lose crew only on a Penetrating 5 (Half crew are kills) or Penetrating 6 (All crew).

Going with those kind of figures
Tau Empire, 25 missions
Tau, 60
Kroot, 100

The Tau would be less, but i use Firewarriors with Jet Packs for Gun drone squadrons.

pwrgmrguard
17-06-2007, 06:11
The shattered hulls of the Armageddon 15th Bastard Armor cover countless worlds with countless wrecks.

my armored company, based on armageddon composed of like every regiment usies charge tactics effectively.

scarvet
17-06-2007, 12:58
None from Necrons, cuz they phase out ;)

But 'nids on another hand.......

Wolf Sgt Kirke
17-06-2007, 13:36
i play gaunt's ghosts, so i really feel it when they die, as for how many have died, well the books wouldn't have even made it to a trilogy! i know, i know...i'm as bad as general Dravere. sorry.

still the emporer protects!

Swiftsword Bonaparte
17-06-2007, 14:59
In my years of playing Tyranids, I've probably lost around 2,500 creatures. I've played them longer than any other of my armies, which is part of what accounts for the numbers, in addition to the fact that I usually only end up with my monstrous creatures surviving. With Eldar my casualties are much better, since I usually win by a larger margin, probably having lost not many over 150. The Tau have had a bit more trouble, probably losing around 300.