PDA

View Full Version : Hordes of Chaos - Mortal Nurgle: 2150 Friendly

Nell2ThaIzzay
03-06-2007, 09:00
I haven't had a lot of playing time in with my Hordes of Chaos yet. I've gotten a few games in here or there, but my lists were rather limited, and not very refined.

I'm not trying to expand my army to give me a bit more versatility, but due to a lack of funds, I still don't have all of the models and such that I'd like.

I get discouraged by the points costs of Chaos models, and get a bit frustrated with the low model count (maybe I'm really nitpicking over nothing?), so I tried to make myself a list with a decent amount of models, and with a type of concept. I'm hoping that this may work, being a fast army and all, having everything except my Chaos Warriors and Chaos Marauders being some type of Cavalry.

I am rather limited in my models to this point, so at this time, I cannot make changes really, other than maybe to take a couple things out, replace them with another characters (I have 2 Aspiring / Exhalted Champion models, one normal, one BSB, and a Chaos Sorceror model, along with an unassembled Hellcannon and some Marauder Horsemen, and a 2nd Daemon Prince / Exhalted Daemon). Some things I'd like to get in the future to add to my army are Plaguebearers, and Chaos Furies. I am pretty adamant about keeping my Daemon Prince general, since the Daemons were the reason why I even chose this army in the first place.

Characters:

-Daemon Prince

Equipment:
Level 4 Wizard; Nurgle; Diabolic Splendour; Master of Mortals; Cloud of Flies; Stream of Corruption

-Exhalted Champion of Chaos

Equipment:
Hand weapon; Chaos Armor; Nurgle; Berserker Sword; Enchanted Shield

Core:

-Warriors of Chaos (x20)

Equipment:
Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield; Champion; Musician; Standard Bearer; Nurgle; Plague Banner

-Marauders of Chaos (x15)

Equipment:
Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Shield; Musician; Standard Bearer; Champion

-Warhounds of Chaos (x5)

-Warhounds of Chaos (x5)

-Knights of Chaos (x5)

Equipment:
Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield; Barded; Nurgle; Musician; Standard Bearer; Champion; War Banner

-Chariot of Chaos

Equipment:
Nurgle

-Chariot of Chaos

Equipment:
Nurgle

Rare:

-Spawn of Chaos

Equipment:
Nurgle

-Spawn of Chaos

Equipment:
Nurgle

Model Count = 56

It allows me some flexibility, as well. I can replace the Knights of Chaos with the Hellcannon if I ever choose to use it, because the way I have my Knights equipped is the exact same cost of the way I field the Hellcannon (290)

If need be, I can tweak it around a bit to come up with 210 points to add in a Sorceror of Chaos if I find it neccesary.

Despite the fact that I've had the army book, and a significant amount of models (enough for a 2150 game, even if it isn't the most focused list) for quite some time now (over a year), I am still rather new to the army, as I haven't really played them. I like the concept, but I've been discouraged due to the fact that most armies I field usually run less than 50 models, sometimes less than 40, and it feels like the army couldn't function with so little in the way of units. But I've been experimenting, and came up with this list, as it provides me a good amount of numbers (9 units, 56 models) as well as some decent speed with almost everything being a type of Cavalry. I'm gonna test it on Tuesday, the designated fantasy day at my local GW. Maybe I'll get a friendly game in tomorrow against my friend as well.

Lord Tzeentch
03-06-2007, 16:20
i like this list one thing i would say it put your Exalted Champion of Chaos in the chariot with the Berserker Sword will mean he'll get more attacks plus be able to break a unit on the charge easily if you dont p off the dice gods.

alkaboom
03-06-2007, 16:35
(sorry for my bad english)

I think thatyour army miss some footmen. I'll replace one spawn and add some marauders att your unit to have 20 or more guys.

Nell2ThaIzzay
04-06-2007, 01:56
(sorry for my bad english)

I think thatyour army miss some footmen. I'll replace one spawn and add some marauders att your unit to have 20 or more guys.

I actually only have 16 Marauder models...