PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 2000 O&G list please

maze ironheart
03-06-2007, 11:30
Hi I've been playing with O&G for quite awhile now since the got their update and now have decided to move onto 2000pts.I have prepared a 2000pt list and was wondering if any one can give a bit of their Green skin advice please.

(Lord Choice)
1-Black orc warboss with a Boar shield heavy armour Porkos pigstikka(+1 strength on the charge +1 for your enemys rank bonus) and Imbads Irongnashas (Killing blow).248pts
(Hero Choice)
1-Black orc with BSB upgrade and heavy armour.114pts
1-Orc shaman LV2 upgrade with depell scroll.125pts
1-Night goblin shaman with LV2 upgrade and despell scroll and nibblas itty ring.130pts
(Core Choice)
23-Orc boys with extra choppas light armour and musicain and orc boss.181pts
23-Orc boys with shields and choppa and light armour and fullcommand.168pts
29-Night Goblins with hand weapon shield and fullcommand and 2 night goblin fanatics.192pts
30-Night Goblins with hand weapon shield and fullcommand and 2 night goblin fanatics.195pts
6-Goblin spider riders with spears shields and short bows.84pts
6-Goblin wolf riders with spears short bows.84pts
10-Arrer orc boys with light armour bows and choppas.60pts
(Special Choice)
2-Goblin spear chukkas.70pts
9-Orc boar boys with big unn upgrade shields spears light armour and fullcommand with Noggs banner of butchery(+1 attack on the charge One use only).333pts
Totol-1984pts

The plan with this list is to use the BSB to keep my army from running away and the shamans to rival my opponents in magic.The balck orc warbosses job is to get into comabt and take challanges and thanks to both his spear and IronGnashas he should be able to handle most oppenents.The orcs job is to do the usual smash what ever gets in their way the goblins are being used to deal with those normal combat units and to use their fanatics to deal with heavy armoured units.I might give the gorks banner of butchery to the BSB and drop the orc arrer boys for Gorks waaagh banner for the boar boys also would any one say it would be best to take black orcs instead.So please if any one can help I would be greatful.

Gimp
03-06-2007, 11:42
Be carefull about putting a Black Orc in your Baor Bosy Unit. Next theing the unit Squabbles and he kills six of them.

Maybe who ever goes in the unit is an Normal Orc.

maze ironheart
03-06-2007, 11:50
Be carefull about putting a Black Orc in your Baor Bosy Unit. Next theing the unit Squabbles and he kills six of them.

Maybe who ever goes in the unit is an Normal Orc.

That did worry me at first but he will mostly only kill 2 or 3 thats why I am thinking of giving his unit Gorks waaagh banner so they move 2D6 extra move when I use the waaagh.Dose any one think I should take black orcs instead of boar boys because they would not squabble and they would be better in combat and would cost nearly the same points.

maze ironheart
03-06-2007, 12:29
I usually fight skaven but my oppnent has now started a brettonian army and I just need to now from orc players who have thought these shiny knughts if this list would fight well against them.

Arnizipal
03-06-2007, 16:43
That did worry me at first but he will mostly only kill 2 or 3 thats why I am thinking of giving his unit Gorks waaagh banner so they move 2D6 extra move when I use the waaagh.Dose any one think I should take black orcs instead of boar boys because they would not squabble and they would be better in combat and would cost nearly the same points.
It's generally a bad to have your general storming off and leaving the rest of the army to their Ld of 7 or worse.
Black Orcs would be more usefull I think, as they move as fast (or slow) as the rest of your infantry and your warboss won't kill them during a squabble.

alkaboom
03-06-2007, 17:07
your list look ok in general but like they said before, your general musnt' go in the boar unit because the rest of the army need his ld

maze ironheart
04-06-2007, 13:12
If I drop the boar on the Black orc warboss and the boar boys would it be better to take 19-Black orcs with shields and fullcommand they would cost 304pts.As for their Black orc warboss he can still join the unit but I would equip him with Heavy armour,enchanted shield,Martog's Best Basha,Imbads Iron Gnashas,Warboss Umm's best boss'at.The warboss would be WS8 S6 I5 he would have the killing blow ability and would have a 3+ Armour Save and a 5+ Ward Save he would only cost me 244pts and all the other units can benefit from his leadership and the unit will be rock hard so would any one here say this is better then the boar boy idea.

zakk_wylde001
04-06-2007, 13:22
If I drop the boar on the Black orc warboss and the boar boys would it be better to take 19-Black orcs with shields and fullcommand they would cost 304pts.As for their Black orc warboss he can still join the unit but I would equip him with Heavy armour,enchanted shield,Martog's Best Basha,Imbads Iron Gnashas,Warboss Umm's best boss'at.The warboss would be WS8 S6 I5 he would have the killing blow ability and would have a 3+ Armour Save and a 5+ Ward Save he would only cost me 244pts and all the other units can benefit from his leadership and the unit will be rock hard so would any one here say this is better then the boar boy idea.

Against a cunning general you'll be lucky to get him into enough decent combats to win his points back. A character combined with a unit like that is too easily avoided in my eyes, and most people probably would avoid it like the plague. For an O&G regiment at this points value, 500pts is a lot. I'd think about splitting the current boar boy regiment in half and having 2 units of 5 to use as supporting units and stronger flank charges.

maze ironheart
05-06-2007, 11:30
Against a cunning general you'll be lucky to get him into enough decent combats to win his points back. A character combined with a unit like that is too easily avoided in my eyes, and most people probably would avoid it like the plague. For an O&G regiment at this points value, 500pts is a lot. I'd think about splitting the current boar boy regiment in half and having 2 units of 5 to use as supporting units and stronger flank charges.

I just thought that having black orcs would be a btter choice because the general's army will be able to keep up with him and use his leadership and benefit the BSB.I could not make up my mind between boar boys or black orcs so I fought my army could do with a unit that had a little bit of speed so I went with the boar boys.But now that I think about it Black orcs are tougher have the same armour save and have many weapons a are immune to squbbling.

waaagh!grimgor
06-06-2007, 00:24
take out arrer boyz, some goblins, put some black orcs int there, take out bsb upgrade, give him what you can, then for alord, get a night goblin on a cave squig, give him the sneaky skewer, amulet of protectyness, and the tricksy trinket, hes an extremly effective hero killer, and the black orc would be general because of his higher leadership.

waaagh!grimgor
06-06-2007, 00:28
wish i could remember my 2000 army list, killed a dwarf army with the white dwarf in there, and i forgot about 500pts, of night goblins, and still kicked dwarf ass

Crazy Harborc
06-06-2007, 01:17
I would leave that BO character on the boar for the better save from the boar.;) .........Then, I would dismount him (cause I just do it....usually) and place him in one of da' boy's units.

maze ironheart
06-06-2007, 09:50
I would leave that BO character on the boar for the better save from the boar.;) .........Then, I would dismount him (cause I just do it....usually) and place him in one of da' boy's units.

The reason I was thinking of dismounting him was because every one always say don't go for the super armour save orcs arn't ment for that.I always think a better armour save is better to keep him alive what if I give him a amulate of protectyness instead.I do aggree that theirs not enough arrer boys to make a difference so I'll drop them for some magic items or maybe some squigs so I should take black orcs instead of boar boys should I drop the 2 goblin cavalry units to take 2 boar chariots with extra crew.Sadly my usual opponent who usually takes Skaven has now started a brettonian army so I thought the black orcs and the spear chukkas and fanatics could deal with the knights while the other orcs and gobbos deal with the pessants.

zakk_wylde001
06-06-2007, 11:04
The reason I was thinking of dismounting him was because every one always say don't go for the super armour save orcs arn't ment for that.I always think a better armour save is better to keep him alive what if I give him a amulate of protectyness instead.I do aggree that theirs not enough arrer boys to make a difference so I'll drop them for some magic items or maybe some squigs so I should take black orcs instead of boar boys should I drop the 2 goblin cavalry units to take 2 boar chariots with extra crew.Sadly my usual opponent who usually takes Skaven has now started a brettonian army so I thought the black orcs and the spear chukkas and fanatics could deal with the knights while the other orcs and gobbos deal with the pessants.

Does your Warboss have to be a Black Orc? Can you not make him a normal Orc and use Boar boyz with him in that unit? At least that way none will die from animosity.

maze ironheart
06-06-2007, 18:09
Does your Warboss have to be a Black Orc? Can you not make him a normal Orc and use Boar boyz with him in that unit? At least that way none will die from animosity.

That is a good point but I need a black orc to use his higher weapon skill to hit things on 3's.

Franco
06-06-2007, 18:30
I would take a chariot. You might not know about the charge thing (forget the name) where if you charge you roll a die and what ever it lands on you have that many hits on the enemy +1 for the things on the wheels. I find for the points of my 2 chariots they atleast kill the same amount, and even more!!!

maze ironheart
07-06-2007, 08:18
I would take a chariot. You might not know about the charge thing (forget the name) where if you charge you roll a die and what ever it lands on you have that many hits on the enemy +1 for the things on the wheels. I find for the points of my 2 chariots they atleast kill the same amount, and even more!!!

So a chariot would be better because of the D6 +1 impact hits.

maze ironheart
08-06-2007, 15:32
I have been to my local GW and asked on advice on which would be better to take.The manager said black orcs would do best as they are a good elite fighting unit.As for the Goblin cavalry he said a chariot would be best so my army can keep up so would any one here aggree with this.

waaagh!grimgor
09-06-2007, 00:24
you should use the new night gobbo warboss, the squig, sneaky skewer=-3 to thier save, the spiteful shield= i s5 hit when they roll 1's to hit, the amulet of protectyness= their saves + being mounted, you already got a 6+ with light armour, thats aat least a 4+ armour save, and the tricksy trinket, they get no wards, and at that, the store i go to tested this, he beat ******* Archaon, ******* Archaon!

waaagh!grimgor
09-06-2007, 00:25
and at that, the black orc would be boss if you take away the BsB upgrade and make him better

maze ironheart
09-06-2007, 11:08
and at that, the black orc would be boss if you take away the BsB upgrade and make him better

So this night goblin on a squig is really strong then if he can go toe-to-toe against the ever chosen one.The only problome is I don't have any thing to protect him so one cannon ball shot could spell doom but it sound's like it would be worth giving it a shot I'll try using it in a experiment.I just want my army to be lead by a big huge black orc warboss so that they have leadership 9 and have a great combat worrior to deal with those shinny paladins and lords.

El'Flashman
09-06-2007, 20:28
29-Night Goblins with hand weapon shield and fullcommand and 2 night goblin fanatics.192pts
30-Night Goblins with hand weapon shield and fullcommand and 2 night goblin fanatics.195pts

Hi there... sorry I wouldn't say anything but this just lept out at me. You've charged yourself for three fanatics not just two... I just thought I'd call you out on that one. :D

Otherwise the list looks fine. Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

maze ironheart
10-06-2007, 06:23
Hi there... sorry I wouldn't say anything but this just lept out at me. You've charged yourself for three fanatics not just two... I just thought I'd call you out on that one. :D

Otherwise the list looks fine. Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Oh thank you El'Flashman.

El'Flashman
10-06-2007, 16:00
You're welcome Maze, I'm starting an OnG army myself this year for the Nemesis Crown campaign and I've been writing some lists myself. That's why I noticed. :D Anyways....

Waaaaaagh! :evilgrin:

waaagh!grimgor
11-06-2007, 02:58
well, 1. you could give him luckys dirk, raise the strength, but, baiscly, hes just hero killer, whats funnier then a night goblin killing you opponents general

maze ironheart
11-06-2007, 08:49
I have now brought the Avatars of war orc hero he will make a great edition to my army as he mostly looks like a Black orc warboss he shall lead my army.What if I have a night goblin big boss on a squig and with some of the equipment you mentioned he could be strong or dose it have to be a lord choice goblin.I am gonna work on the list to add some of the changes I will put them on here once I've finished writting it up.

maze ironheart
11-06-2007, 11:04
Well I've checked all Quotes and have come up with this as my new list.

(Lord Choice)
1-Black orc warboss with heavy armour enchanted shield and Martog's best basha and Imbad's iron Gnashas and Warboss umm's best boss at.241pts
(Hero Choice)
1-Black orc big boss with heavy armour and BSB upgrade.114pts
1-Orc shaman with LV2 upgrade and a despell scroll.125pts
1-Night goblin shaman with LV2 upgrade and despell scroll and Nibblas itty ring.130pts
(Core Choice)
23-Orc boys with Extra choppas light armour and fullcommand.191pts
23-Orc boys with choppas and shields and fullcommand.168pts
30-Night goblins with Hand weapon's shields nets and fullcommand and 2 fanatics.195pts
29-Night goblins with Hand weapon's shields nets and fullcommand and 2 fanatics.192pts
(Special Choice)
19-Black orcs with shields and fullcommand.304pts
1-Orc boar chariot with extra crew.85pts
1-Orc boar chariot with extra crew.85pts
2-Goblin spear chukkas.70pts
Totol-1900

I am thinking of reducing the night goblins to 25 unit strength would that be a good idea.This army is mostly built for combat to out fight the enemy in combat I was thinking of upgrading one of the orc boys to big unn's but was not sure about it.I'll save getting boar boys for 3000pts then I'll give the unit a orc big boss rather then a warboss I have a 100pts to spend so I was thinking of taking a goblin doom diver it would only cost 80pts that would leave me with 20pts I could replace the warbosses enchanted shield with spiteful shield instead.If I reduce the night goblins to unit strength to 25 and drop a boar chariot and use the 100pts I could take a unit of Savage orcs with extra choppas and fullcommand the unit will cost 230pts.

slaaneshi3
11-06-2007, 16:28
get grimgor ironhide he is a legend hell kill evry 1 and go and kill stuff nicely

maze ironheart
11-06-2007, 16:36
get grimgor ironhide he is a legend hell kill evry 1 and go and kill stuff nicely

I really don't like to use special characters as I make my own fluff story with my armys but I do aggree he is the best orc out their.

Crazy Harborc
12-06-2007, 02:38
It's a nice model too. I have heard moans when an opponent sees that Grimgor minie.....HEY, I tell them it's NOT him just the minie. Still, it can mess with their mind.

I like the army list. I suggest not mentioning any plans to keep increasing the size of the army and or the added choices of units to replace others with. Just do it when they(new units) are ready. Keeps opponents guessing;)

maze ironheart
12-06-2007, 07:18
It's a nice model too. I have heard moans when an opponent sees that Grimgor minie.....HEY, I tell them it's NOT him just the minie. Still, it can mess with their mind.

I like the army list. I suggest not mentioning any plans to keep increasing the size of the army and or the added choices of units to replace others with. Just do it when they(new units) are ready. Keeps opponents guessing;)

So I should keep every thing that is in the second list or do you mean the first list.If you mean the second list what if I added a giant If I reduce both night goblins and drop one of the boar chariots and use the left over 100pts I could take a giant.

Crazy Harborc
13-06-2007, 02:44
I did leave out the word both didn't I!! Opps, sorry about that. I liked both lists, not just one. To add a little more to what I said already.......

Wargaming (including GW's sytems) is a great lifetime hobby (if a player wants it to be). The more goodies in your army, the easier to pick whatever out for hacking on the next opponent. ;)

maze ironheart
13-06-2007, 10:45
Wargaming (including GW's sytems) is a great lifetime hobby (if a player wants it to be). The more goodies in your army, the easier to pick whatever out for hacking on the next opponent. ;)

So it would be ok to drop some points to take a giant but are they very good I have faced one but he died to the hands of my knights it did take 3 combat phases to beat him.So both list's are ok I think I'll go with the second one because I like the way O&G work see some thing smash it to bits.The model that will represent my Black orc big boss is the Avatars of war orc hero because he looks more like a black orc then a normal orc hero and you got to admit it is a good model.

maze ironheart
16-06-2007, 14:36
I would like to thank all the pepole who have helped me make my list choice a bit easier so thank you.I'll try and get a picture of my avatars of war orc model once I get it and paint it.