24 night gobos- spears, 3 fanatics, music=141

15 Black orc- great axes, full comand=213

5 boar boys- full comand=128

rock lobba- bully=75

2 spear chukkas=70

doom diver-bully=85

giant=205

Total=2000 108 models

The basic plan is to have the great shaman sit with the black orcs and use foot/warpath of gork. The rest of the army advances while the wolf riders and the giant guard the flanks. The warmachines do what they do best, take out elite infantry. The gobo shaman goes with the regular boys.
Feedback would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

nurgle_boy
11-08-2005, 08:31
right, straight off, bump all the orc units up to at least 25 strong.

you want to take advantage of numbers, and when i say all orc units, that includes black orcs!

you can drop the giant for this, as really, theyre only good as terror causers

drop the boar boyz, a unit of fve wont do much, and a little bit of shooting will wipe them out.

this also means that you can drop the boar on the big boss, and upgrade him t a black orc big boss, and stick him with 24-29 black orcs. it may seem like alot, but it works.

drop the light armour on the wolfboyz. its useless. theyre better as fast cav. only give them light armour when used as heavy cav in units of 15+

if you do all of this, youll no doubt have a winning army. capable of hoding theyre ground against the (apparently, but i found otherwise) broken wood elf list.

Nicodemus
11-08-2005, 08:56
With the points from taking out the boar boyz i can boost the savage and normal boyz to 25 and the black orcs to 20 which seems like enough, and i dont want to make the orc boss a black orc boss since that will eat up 2 hero choices and i need them for magicy goodness. The giant is too much fun to play to give up even if it rarely makes it to combat.:D the new list is as follows

Gobo Great Shaman(155)-Level 4(35), Umm's boss hat(30), knobbly staff(50)=270

Orc Big Boss(65)-Light armor(2) Great axe(4) Enchanted shield(10)=81

Night Gobo Shaman(60)- Level2(35) Mad Cap Mushrooms(30)=125

Gobo Shaman(55)-Level2(35) Nibbla's ring(25)=115

25 orc boyz- shields, full comand=178

25 savage orc boys- 2hand weapons, warpaint, full comand=253

5 wolf riders- spears, shields=60

5 wolf riders- spears, shields=60

27 night gobos- spears, 3 fanatics, music=150

20 Black orc- great axes, full comand=273

rock lobba- bully=75

2 spear chukkas=70

doom diver-bully=85

giant=205

Total=2000 models116

nurgle_boy
11-08-2005, 17:35
ah yes, i forgot about it eating the hero choice...
ok and orcy boss is still good.

your units are now nice and big, which is nice and good.
i spose the giant may do something apart from being fun, but line its charge with another unit, otherwise it could get messy... for the giant...

the 20 black orcs... use them alongside another unit, and DONT let them get charged. theyre too slow to take a charge, or fight more than one round of combat against a unit with lots of attacks, so you need to break the enemy in a turn. easy! get wolfboyz in the flank (al long as theres 3+ of them so you negate their ranks) and black orcs in the front. black orcs deployed 5x4, even after taking a few losses, should give a basic combat res of 2+1+1 (for flank) and the enemy can be at a max of 2, from their standard and possible outnumbering, although you to could get that bonus.

the wolf riders cause minor hurts, and kill, say, 3 models, while the black orcs kill 3, and you take 2 casualties in return (its something like greatswords, say, or a large unit of chaos warriors). the enemy break and flee, leaving you to get lined up with, or get behind, the enemy army, so you can run through again...

in fact, get the giant in there as well!

the magic heaviness will help you out with these tactics as well, as bonus movement is good, and powerfull charaacter killers, and magic missles, as well as unit destroying powers...