PDA

View Full Version : Expanding the Green Tide

uleses25
03-06-2007, 17:20
Last year when the new Orc book came out, I decided to do a new Orc army. I hadn't done one for ages! So it was about time! Since I've only just recently became a member, most of the army is all ready painted up.

Before the Nemesis Crown started, I thought "Perfect, I can field my Orcs". So far my army ranks up to about 1,300 points (painted and unpainted) Eventually I'll go back to it and get it up to 1,500.

The first wave consists of:

Black Orc Warboss
Orc Big Boss
10x Boyz w/add. choppas
15x Boyz w/spears
3x Stone Trolls
6x Ogre Bulls

The second wave for the NC consists of 12 Black Orcs, 5 Boar Boyz and an Avatars of War Orc Shaman (I love this mini!). I'm not the best photographer, but here's the first lot:

Nineswords
03-06-2007, 19:54
Got any pictures?

uleses25
04-06-2007, 13:00
Got any pictures?

Sorry Nineswords, not yet. I'm trying to sort out my computer at the moment. And I need to get a new digi camera. Please bare with me.

uleses25
04-06-2007, 18:00
Sorry about the pictures. I'm not the best painter (they look better in real life), so here they are:

Warboss Thrasha Two Blades
Big Boss Skarface
Ogre Bulls
Boyz with spears
Boyz with add choppas
Stone Trolls

I'll upload my WIP stuff soon. C&C's welcome.

And
04-06-2007, 18:45
lovely work, and really nice colours. you should try highlighting some of the models. trolls etc. it would look awesome!

do you know the fanatic army paint? its some company from denmark(where im from) who makes this liquid in which you drop you models and it'll shade everything.. it makes shadows and the models are very fast painted, and in an VERY VERY awesome way! go search for it at google :)

good luck with you orc project!

EmperorNorton
04-06-2007, 20:07
Looking good so far.

Some highlighting and/or inking would be a good idea to further improve the look of your minis without much effort.

uleses25
04-06-2007, 22:13
Thanks I might try that. To be honest, I'm just going to finish the army by painting the Black Orcs and that's it. I'll still paint the AOW Shaman and maybe enter it in a competition. It'll be a good way to practice my painting skills. I didn't bother to do a realy fantastic paint job for the army. I just wanted them ready to play.

I prefer the modelling side of the hobby. I also want to finish the army soon as possible, so I can do the next lot of armies that I've got planned. Once again Space Marines have distracted me, so I'm going to do another army of those (this'll be about the 7th!!!!). I'm a true SM fan. I'll also include some Cadians and Demon Hunters, as part of an alliance. Next up is some sort of Nomadic tribe for Warhammer. I'll use Chaos Marauders as a basis, modelling wise, and the Dogs Of War army list rules wise. So, watch this space!

TeddyC
04-06-2007, 23:20
Simple inks over the skin and armour would make em look a lot better pretty fast.

Nice neat work and very bold.

Nicely taken pics are well! a welcome change!

sigur
05-06-2007, 01:15
I also suggest to add a bit of depth to the miniatures. Although it seems to be a bit unpopular, you could do some drybrushing, possibly followed by a bit of ink.

There are quite a few people who achive stunning results using drybrushing (have a look at McMullet's painting log in General Painting Logs). Especially the Trolls would benefit from that.

Eniac
05-06-2007, 09:31
Do you want to know what I think? Dip them. The painting is clean but there is no depth. Take a light (teak) coloured woodstain and water that down (ronseal is good cause its water based, dries fast and is satin finish, not gloss) then dip your guys in there. Very light stain though.

uleses25
05-06-2007, 13:27
As promised, here are several pics of the WIP Black Orcs, primed and unprimed. More soon.

uleses25
13-06-2007, 17:07
I've decided to pack this army in. I also tried drybrushing a few of the Black Orcs. The results were quite good I have to admit. I can't be bothered to post the pics. I might try using that the technique in my next project, "Planet Terror, outbreak at Unit 31". So, that's it. No more Orcs for now.

Zodiac
14-06-2007, 16:55
Very nice Useless25 , I'm certainly enjoying this log!

Just a few tips:

You might wanna use a little ink on the faces of the warriors, they look nice.. but with a little extra love they can look even nicer!

The trolls, light drybrush of fortress/ space wolves grey on the scales make the scales more visible. Very nice troll figures btw.

I really like the black orcs, they look very feral and angry :D just like they should. Very chaotic unit, beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing that one finished.

Loving the hero's , very characterful, just simple head swaps makes them look nice, just one thing: try and wash the armour of the hero with brown and black ink, will make it look more rusty and used.

Keep it up man!

uleses25
14-06-2007, 18:50
Thanks Zodiac!:) Unfortunately I've finished the army for good (always getting distracted, blast!). Check out my Planet Terror project:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88915 That should be right. Thanks again.