PDA

View Full Version : Strangleweb and spike rifle?

Yog Sogoth
09-04-2005, 01:23
Has any one herd any news about the Strangleweb and Spike rifle? I know they released some rules for them a while ago but no new models. Will they be in the new Tyranid rulebook at all?

Eversor
09-04-2005, 01:57
Doesn't seem so. Too bad really :rolleyes: Though I can see reasons why a horde of 'gants with template weapons could be a bad idea... Or an amazingly good one, for he Tyranids ;)

If you want to keep using your old models, the best bet would be to adapt the rules on GW's site for the new codex.

Black Ambience
09-04-2005, 09:03
They probably won't appear in the new Codex as they haven't produced models for them. I'd expect GW to update the rules on their website for them though, as they are unendingly cool and really add some flavour to the Gaunt masses.

Lion El Jason
09-04-2005, 23:56
They may just tell us what to use them as in the codex eg strangle web=spinefist or some such, I've heard nothing about them being propperly in the codex with rules...

Black Ambience
10-04-2005, 11:00
The thing is that there is nothing in the current Tyranid armoury that has an effect even close to that of the Strangle Web.

A Spike Rifle is like a Spinefist on steroids, but a Strangle Web fires out a blast of webbing (who'd have guessed, eh?) and incapacitates prey for capture/future consumption/bedding.

Alex_H
10-04-2005, 19:36
The thing is that there is nothing in the current Tyranid armoury that has an effect even close to that of the Strangle Web.

A Spike Rifle is like a Spinefist on steroids, but a Strangle Web fires out a blast of webbing (who'd have guessed, eh?) and incapacitates prey for capture/future consumption/bedding.

Bedding? er ok...

Nystral
13-04-2005, 18:58
Bedding? er ok...

What nid wouldn;t like to rest upon a fine bed of space marines, or firewarriors, or orks, or nids, or well you get the picture.

I hear with Hive Fleet Krakken beds made of the finest Cadian Imperial Guard are hot trade item. ;)

Flame Boy
17-04-2005, 20:05
I would iagine other guard would be better, it's not like Cadians have those nice quilted flak jackets that the Elysians do...

I'd like to see those variants back.... guants in 2nd ed were quite flexible because of those options. The spike rifles would be fun just for the novelty value of gaunt snipers... :P

AniX
29-10-2005, 22:47
hi all
ok...I just started playing nids and I am explorying the different stratagies I can play and I have come across the strangler gaunts unit... from GW website.... Now here is my question.... Does the small unit (4 to 8 gaunts with infiltrate and fleet of claws)count as troops or fast attack? and what is the step by step rules to playing these guys.....sorry for sounding stupid but I just started playing about a week ago

Brimstone
30-10-2005, 00:28
Please ask this type of question in the rules forum.

Thread necromancy is something to be generally avoided and as a result I'm closing this thread.