PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Dreadnoughts

Gaebriel
11-08-2005, 10:51
I have a question regarding Forge World Dreadnoughts.

No stats and no point costs, I just want to know if every Space Marine chapter can take all the weapon arms shown in the Forge World online shop.

The Mortis pattern Dreadnought is stated to be for Dark Angels and successors only, but what about the right-hand close combat weapon? I remember this being Blood Angels (Furioso IIRC). Can other chapters take it?

I ask because ordering books and bits seperately isn't an option for me, I would want to do this all at once.

Pertinax
11-08-2005, 10:53
The mortis pattern in DA and successors only. The Furioso combat arm is BA and successors only.

Puffin Magician
11-08-2005, 10:54
Any chapter can take the Plasma Cannon, Twinlinked Autocannon, etc since they have rules in Imperial Armour Volume Two.

Only Dark Angels or their successor Chapters can take the Mortis pattern [which is a pain in the ass], and only Blood Angels and their successor Chapters may take the Furioso pattern.

Lion El Jason
11-08-2005, 11:16
bit OT...Why is the DA only mortis any more of a pain in the ass than the BA furioso?

Puffin Magician
11-08-2005, 11:26
I only meant that it's a pain that only DA & Succ. get access to the Mortis... it's lovely and I want one! But I play Brazen Claws and not Dark Angels.

Asher
11-08-2005, 11:45
Deamonhunters may also equip their Dreadnough with an adittional CCW if my memory serves me correctly.

Gaebriel
11-08-2005, 11:50
Deamonhunters may also equip their Dreadnough with an adittional CCW if my memory serves me correctly.Hmm, that would be crucial, as most chapters could take that combo as an ally then...

Lion El Jason
11-08-2005, 12:11
nope...you cant do either. DH Dreads cannot have an extra DCCW and you cant take DH Heavy Support as allies...

P.M.: I was very unclear in my post... I mean why arent you so bothered by not being able to have a furioso?

Puffin Magician
11-08-2005, 12:15
Although there is a Right Close Combat Arm for MkIV Dreadnoughts in the Daemonhunter section of the FW site, I think that's just an HTML boo-boo. The MkIV Right CCW Arm is available for people who want MkIV Furioso Dreadnoughts as neither IAv2 or Army Builder allows you to take a second Combat arm for Daemonhunter Dreadnoughts.

Edit:

P.M.: I was very unclear in my post... I mean why arent you so bothered by not being able to have a furioso?
Because it's a Close Combat Dreadnought... and I can't be arsed about assault units in 40k. Mortis > Furioso. Ranged weapons #1.

Verergoca
11-08-2005, 12:17
However, combining the mortis arm, and a furioso arm, you can have a lefthanded dread... Pretty cool....

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
11-08-2005, 13:31
The only problem with the right arm option or even the other arm is that they don't have a flamer option like the Chaos ones. Which means that to do a Mk IV Furisio Dreadnought you would have to buy a Chaos CCW arm to get the flamer.

Psiweapon
11-08-2005, 14:13
Or just stick some random flamer to it and add a wire or anything.

Lion El Jason
11-08-2005, 14:14
I use my mortis with the "Wrong" Lascannon & Missile launcher just to confuse people:)

MorningStar
11-08-2005, 14:26
I think its retarded that certain chapters get certain dread patterns, hence forth that's why I'll be combining which ever I like to one. And before the rants starts I realize I won't be able to play it in any official games, but since I don't plan on playing in any no worries. :)

Chaos and Evil
11-08-2005, 15:08
You can VDR one for a chapter that doesn't normally have access to certain patterns of Dreadnought.

The downside is that this will make them more expensive, which would be logical I suppose.

Ares
12-08-2005, 03:12
I can not see why other chapters don't have access to Mortis Dreads, its a natural progression. The Furisio on the other hand i tend to agree with, who wants their Dreads getting shot up with no reply.