PDA

View Full Version : The Log wot Harry built

Hellebore
04-06-2007, 11:07
Having been given my marching orders in no uncertain terms by Lord Harry:

I want to see more of you minis in this thread and I want you to start a log of what ever you are up to at the moment so I can see how you do some of this stuff.

Now get your thumb out of your **** and get posting.

Here is a Log. :angel:

Well, I'm a bit slow, and it's been in there for years, so my thumb won't be coming out completely for a while:p

My current project is my Ninja Grotz along with some random stuff, so this thread is just going to be all the random models I put together or paint.

With my ninja grotz, all the grot mobs are plastic gnoblars converted with bits of scrap, the squig hound is the piggyback gnoblar (better stats cause there's two of them).

The slavers are old metal fanatic models converted to be throwing ninja stars etc. They are painted white.

The nobs are fanatics painted red.

This is an ork army of 243 models in 1500 points.

Da Wannabes are those guys that chase Jet Li around crawling on the ground at his feet shouting 'Sifu!!! please teach me!".

Of course, there are 180 wannabes that follow da ninja grot around, each group being led by a 'prentis ninja in white, with his trusty banna wavin side kick (Slaver and squig hound). They aren't good enough to learn any tekneeks, so they just use Chukkin stuff - any detritis they can find that is pointy (or squashy). One even will even have a kitchen sink.

Da ninja grot leads his best stoodents into battle, da Red wunz (on acount of them wearing red) masters of chukkin stars (sluggas) and da special ninjerin tekneeks taught to them by da ninja grot himself, grot chop and Ard skin (choppa and eavy armour - no bionic bonce cuz dey ain't ard enough yet).

Then there's smoke boy, Da ninja grot'z assistant wot carries a load of smoke bombs, cuz they is sneaky and make it hard for the enemy to see them (kustom force field). He was a red wun, but liked blue better, so now he has his own skool of sneeky, where he teaches the art of sneekin and the use of smoke bombs (kommando units and mekboyz) under da ninja grot'z guidance of course.

Da ninja grot is whispered to be the personal assassin of the Grot Revolutionary Kommittee.

THe use the potent war machine called da ork lobba, which fires captured orks via a big crossbow catapult at the enemy from along way away, to confuse em cuz dey don't know where dey comz from (basilisk with indirect fire). It's on sleds and is pulled by orks in stocks (who are whipped by a snotling with a superiority complex, occassionally he rolls a 1 and whips them too hard and da ork lobba goes careening out of control).

I'll be doing up some zzap guns and Kannons, but I'm not sure how to orky them up - I'm thinking of the zzap gun being a GIANT ninja star thrower :evilgrin:

The following are pictures of the army in progress. I'm not going to convert every single model, but I'll try to do something to about 1/2 of them.

I slapped some paint on the ninja grot, but never finished him.

Hellebore

Arhalien
04-06-2007, 11:10
If the painting on that other thread is anything to go by this will be very good :)

I can't wait to see what happens here :D

Hellebore
04-06-2007, 11:11
Rest of the pics.

I shall upload more of other things as per Lord Harry's request:p

Hellebore

Hellebore
04-06-2007, 12:22
Here are some pics of unfinished Wulfen models.

I used chaos, Space wolf, zombie, and Beastman parts to make them.

As I was making a complete Wulfen army (3 units of 13 wulfen as Troops) I didn't want to buy 8 boxes of the metal ones, so I built these.

The army consists of 2 units of Grey Slayer Wulfen - totally degenerated into beasts, and 1 unit of Blood Claw Wulfen, who carry close combat weapons and aren't quite as degenerate. The blood claws also have ungor heads instead of gor heads, as they are less bestial.

The army is lead by a wolf lord with the mark of the wulfen on a bike - but the model is a giant werewolf based on the chaos daemon prince model (sort of counts as a daemonic statured wolf lord).

I am also still converting the Rune priest using an obliterator.

Hellebore

Hellebore
04-06-2007, 12:36
Here are some pics of my eldar army.

I invented my own craftworld, and chose a colour scheme I thought would fit an alien mentality. Rather than just having 2 colours and paint all the plates independently, I decided that the eldar sense of art would instead blend the colours. So every unit in the army has two colours, and they are painted on in random locations, blending into one another.

Hellebore

Getifa Ubazza
04-06-2007, 15:31
I love those Eldar. Something like that would look amazing on some Tyranids.

Hellebore
04-06-2007, 16:15
Here are some concepts I'm doing for eldar wearing 'wraithsuits' - basically a wraithguard with an actual eldar inside.

I've always thought that with their technology, the eldar would never send troops running around with out protection like the guardians do, it's just ridiculous.

So, I designed the wraithsuit - sort of like a tau battlesuit. In games they will count as guardians on jetbikes (hence the air intakes and jets on the bottom of the feet and the lower back).

Hellebore

Arhalien
04-06-2007, 19:49
Great looking Eldar and Wulfen :)

I'm also very interested to see how that wraithsuit comes out; that concept looks excellent :D

Harry
04-06-2007, 23:56
Thanks for this.

It will be really good to see things go from 'scratch' to results like the finished stuff from the other thread.

Love that concept work it would be great to see that done.

Sorry about the 'thumb out of your ****' comment. :D

Hellebore
05-06-2007, 03:07
Thanks for this.

It will be really good to see things go from 'scratch' to results like the finished stuff from the other thread.

Love that concept work it would be great to see that done.

Sorry about the 'thumb out of your ****' comment. :D

Lol, thumbs ahoy!:D

Here are some pics of Tu'Shan, Chapter Master of the Salamanders based on the metal Terminator Captain. I even came up with unique stats for him:

WS5BS5S4T4W4I5A4Ld10Sv2+

Terminator armour, The Fire of Wrath, Hammer of Vulcan, Salamander Mantle

The fire of Wrath: Master crafted Combiweapon. Comprises a meltagun and storm bolter. Meltagun may only be fired once.

Hammer of Vulcan: Master crafted weapon. Modelled on Vulcan's hammer. Works like a thunder hammer that strikes at S10, I1.

Salamander Mantle: Immune to Instant Death. Increases Invulnerable save in combat to a 4+.

Greenstuff agogo!

Hellebore

Hellebore
05-06-2007, 03:18
Here is a pic of my wip wulfen lord, Lupen Quickblood.

I started him back when the Eye of Terror codex came out:eek: and he's still not fiinished.

Hellebore

Hellebore
05-06-2007, 03:27
For wulfen on bikes I decided to go a little freaky. They are all converted from metal chaos hounds, marines, orks, and beastmen.

Hellebore

Arhalien
05-06-2007, 12:47
Oooohh :D

Fantastic sculpting work Hellebore :) That wulfen lord is looking great and that biker is a fantastic idea well executed :)
Nice Chapter Master as well.

Hellebore
05-06-2007, 13:31
Cheers Arhalien :)

I wanted a full wulfen army with everything really degenerated. The only units that aren't as affected are the Long Fangs, and they all wear helmets etc to hide their bestiality. The wolf priest also is not mutated (the GD model).

I'm going to see if I can get the wulfen lord finished for GD this year, I didn't enter last year and I've only won one.

Hellebore

Philip S
05-06-2007, 15:50
I like it but the feet are too big (personal pref), I think the Eldar should have little feet. It makes the suit look too 'puppy dog' (ie. cute) with big paws. Eldar should be sleek and evil (but evil in a good way ;)).

Philip