PDA

View Full Version : Sylvanian Tactics???

pililuk
04-06-2007, 20:06
Although i know that there not a legal Tournament army anymore, But i need to know how to play a Sylvanian army under 2000 points as they have a lack of magic consisting of 2 bound spells at 4+ a turn, which seems as if its going to be drowned, i dont know how to play the army at all, Please help:P

Frankly
04-06-2007, 22:41
they are tournament legal out side of GW GTs, I played with my list about a month and a half ago.

Basically I run an all cavalry list and work off the drakenoff banner and summon wolves and get rear charges.

I use 2 thralls with GWs and wolf form and summon wolves.

A thrall with summon wolves on a steed in a unit of B.Knights with a banner.

First turn I summon wolves behind my opponents battle line, second turn assault.

under 2k I use around 40 dire wolves, above 2k I use around 60 to 70 wolves.

Baron Von Rotten
05-06-2007, 03:29
I was under the impression that if you had 3 thralls, you were able to use the bound spell "From Death Awakened" 3 times. This was regardless of the number of grave markers. This means that you can cast all three spells through a single grave marker.

Have I been playing this incorrectly???

As for the actual topic, I base my force around Drakenhof Guard: 4+ Armor and Str6. They are just as good as "Chosen".

laughingman
05-06-2007, 04:07
Uh, I just came back from the Las vegas Gt, which a sylvania army came in first overall winner, so... its a good army![dice0]

Tadite
05-06-2007, 04:27
The following is a link to the guy who won the Vegas GT with Sylvanians.

http://www.gameempire.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=193

They are still completely legal in the US:).

EvC
05-06-2007, 15:33
Great link, I'm glad a standard "balanced" Sylvanian list won out, rather than a wolfing circus that often does well, for a change :)

I was under the impression that if you had 3 thralls, you were able to use the bound spell "From Death Awakened" 3 times. This was regardless of the number of grave markers. This means that you can cast all three spells through a single grave marker.

Have I been playing this incorrectly???

As for the actual topic, I base my force around Drakenhof Guard: 4+ Armor and Str6. They are just as good as "Chosen".

Isn't it two Grave Markers then one per Count? I'm sure the pdf has all the rules on it, nice and clearly so it shouldn't be too confusing...