PDA

View Full Version : Avatar of the Laughing God?

Ixe
05-06-2007, 01:54
AFAIK, the Harlequins could field an Avatar of the Laughing God in 2nd ed. 4th ed fluff is silent on this subject, saying merely that he (to paraphrase) "emerges from the webway at random to play his deadly tricks." This suggests that he is able to manifest in physical form. And since he is a singular entity, not shattered into pieces like Khaine, his avatar has to be at least as strong as Khaine's, even though the Laughing God probably wouldn't hold a candle to Khaine if Khaine was whole.

I ask because I want to include an Avatar in my list, but I don't really want to pay 100 bucks for the sort of ugly forge world one, and I'm not too keen on the short, squat pewter version either. In browsing the online store, I came across this Inquisitor eldar ranger, and thought: whoa, Harlequin!

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99111399038&orignav=300813&ParentID=214456&GameNav=300808&ItemNav=302980

He has the trenchcoat and the wicked curving sword... All he needs is a scratchbuilt laughing comedy type mask, like so:

http://screamerscostumes.net/store2/images/comedy%20mask.jpg

...and some very bright colors, and he's a giant Harlequin. What do you guys think? I know it's partly a modeling question, but I stuck it in general discussion because I'm concerned about fluff, too.

Dark_and_Pointy
05-06-2007, 03:09
That sounds sweet, the only thing i can think of that is a little wrong is the fact that the clothes may not be harliquiny, but i'm sure that once hes got his mask and mowhawk he'll be great

DP

insaniak
05-06-2007, 04:32
The Avatar of the Laughing God is what became in later versions the Great Harlequin, who leads a troupe. Not a gigantic monstrous critter.

In a generic sense, an 'Avatar' is merely a vessel for a God's power. It doesn't inherently mean 'some great lumbering melty thing'

dugaal
05-06-2007, 04:39
The pose on that model is a little static IMO for such a great harlequin. The clothes seem a bit 'down to material world' to represent it as well...

Perhaps look around some more, or even out of the GW range if need be for a possible alternative; As far as the concept goes I think its a great idea though

Cypher, the Emperor
05-06-2007, 05:32
Someone did a conversion using the Ctan deciever and it looked pretty good.