PDA

View Full Version : Terimator discussion

animal64
05-06-2007, 03:26
This has been bugging me for awhile; wanted to get other people opinons. Something about terminators stat-lines just doesnt sit right with me. I realise for balance reasons etc. they are the way they are, however i really think they should be toughness 5 and maybe strength 5 (or perphaps just +1 str./toughness so they would have str. 9 pfs and characters are still autokillable by str. 8). Or maybe they would have two wounds like oblits? They are so much larger then regular marines yet are killed almost the exact same, and hit as hard as them (w/out the pfs)? While a 2+/5+ is nice i still dont think it does them justice. I mean they are damn close to walking tanks (in the fluff at least). This probably my personal bias here as i think terminators are prolly one of the coolest units in the game. Also this is not just for imperial termies, chaos ones should get the bonus too. Agian this is just me throwing an idea around oviously this WILL NEVER happen, at least i dont think it will.

animal64
05-06-2007, 03:26
and i spelled terminator wrong in the thread title. wow

Lord Malek The Red Knight
05-06-2007, 03:32
i direct you to this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85596)thread. :)

~ Tim

kaimarion
05-06-2007, 03:33
Yeh fluff wise they should be tougher but the imperial ones have got those bloody assault cannons nasty.....chaos termies should be the best as there is a very short supply of them and the only ones that should have the armour are the 10,000 year old vets.
DeathWing only have around 100 suits.

Drogmir
05-06-2007, 03:34
They really should have a T5 at least, but for balance sake and those Chaos hounds they have T4

nyys
05-06-2007, 03:50
My termies frustrate me to no end. I can chalk it up to still being new to the game somewhat, but when I see my brother's Orks choppas cut thru the termy armour like butter I wonder why I even use them.

Maynard
05-06-2007, 04:08
I think points wise and fluff wise they don't need to be improved. The strength and toughness values are the natural one sof the model, the durability of the armour itself is in the save and inv. save. Also veterans are put in the armour, this is well reflected in the fact that they have two attacks with the best shooting and combat equipment in the Imperium. I don't think they should get any strength or attack bonus becuase the suits are hard to move in, I don't think they should get a toughness bonus becuase no matter how many battles you've fought it won't change the composition of your skeleton! Well not enough so that it would justify +1T.

High Marshall Xias
05-06-2007, 04:08
yea i could go for t5 but i think they are great the way they are they just take a bit more strategy thats all

feel free to reply or ask how i use them

oh yea of course if they are t5 then nurgle termies would be t6 oooooooooooooooo

Deuce Blue
05-06-2007, 06:54
I hope that the new Chaos book has rules for their terminators similar to the upgrades being discussed, as Chosen in Chaos termy armor should be the hardest and longest living of the Chaos veterans imo.

Magistrate
05-06-2007, 07:51
yea i could go for t5 but i think they are great the way they are they just take a bit more strategy thats all

oh yea of course if they are t5 then nurgle termies would be t6 oooooooooooooooo

Is it basic Terminators or Assault? If basic, i'd honestly stick to keeping them back and harassing weaker stuff. People may tell you to send them shooting at something big and important, like a Land Raider or Monolith or whatever but honestly, you waste a whole squad worth of shots playing against the odds that you'll get the right combination of rolls. Just what i've found, using them. If I want to kill other vehicles i'll tool a tank out for it or send four missiles it's way from my Devestators.

untimention
05-06-2007, 07:56
i think they should be as good as a commander. These a suits of armour that well need to be kept, so you think they would be walking killing machines otherwise if battles went how they did on our battlefields with them, they would soon run out of them. I also think a new armour should be discovered. Space Marines aren;t think so i dont like the idea they cant create any more terimator armour, so let them create a new think armour.

Magistrate
05-06-2007, 08:06

Is it basic Terminators or Assault? If basic, i'd honestly stick to keeping them back and harassing weaker stuff. People may tell you to send them shooting at something big and important, like a Land Raider or Monolith or whatever but honestly, you waste a whole squad worth of shots playing against the odds that you'll get the right combination of rolls. Just what i've found, using them. If I want to kill other vehicles i'll tool a tank out for it or send four missiles it's way from my Devestators.

xibo
05-06-2007, 08:49

Wow, 15 minutes lag :D

I for my part think they are too weak due to their just 2+ normal save. Their toughness stands in no comparisation with what it was in the second edition, even if the worst crap gun of nowadays ( lasgun ) reduces his save to 4+ thats still damn hard ( 4+ as SUM of 2D6 ).