PDA

View Full Version : Dragon ogres in this list?

Da Boyzz
05-06-2007, 07:15
ok here is the list:

BUT the question i want to know; would dragon ogres be a good swap for the second group of knights [non chosen]??
The exalted would then be moved to the warrior unit.
i think this would make the list more versatile?

Exalted Chaos sorcerer
Lvl 4, MoS, chaos steed
319pts
[Joins Chosen Knights]

Bray Shaman
MoS, Lvl 2, bray staff
136pts
[Joins beast Herd]

Bray Shaman
MoS, Lvl 2, power stone
155pts
[Walks behind herd]

Exalted champion
Rending sword, enchanted shield,
Barded chaos steed
166pts
[Joins Knights]
------------------------------------------------------------------
15 warriors
MoS, HW, shields, full command
275pts

5 chosen knights
Chosen, MoS, Full command, war banner
320pts

5 chosen knights
Musician, standard
205pts

5 Warhounds
30pts

5 Warhounds
30pts

5 Warhounds
30pts

5 marauder horsemen
Flails, musician,
81pts

5 marauder horsemen
Flails, musician,
81pts

5 marauder horsemen
Flails, musician,
81pts

Chaos chariot
120pts

Chaos chariot
120pts
----------------------------
Beast herd
7 gor 11 ungor
Foe-render, Musician
111pts

6 Furies
90pts
----------------------------
Chaos spawn
MoS
75pts

Chaos spawn
MoS
75pts

Total: 2500
Power dice: 10 (+2)
Dispel dice: 6
Deployment: 15

Da Boyzz
06-06-2007, 06:56
nudge.

just want quick advice.

M_M
06-06-2007, 12:35
bear in mind you will have to give the Ex Champ the MoS if you take the dragon ogres, if you do give them great weapons and light armour

theunwantedbeing
06-06-2007, 12:47
M_M what the heck are you on about?

Da boyzz.....you called the second unit chosen when you didnt have to,you also put down their cost as 10pts higher than it should be.

If you stick dragon ogres in give them great weapons and light armour as M_M stated.
You will need to find 47 free points for 3 of them somewhere though.

TheDarkArg
06-06-2007, 18:48
If you want the exalted champion in the unit of warriors with the MoS then he needs the MoS as well. It is not because he'd be taking dragon ogres, but rather because of the decision to put the hero in with the foot troops if he swapped in the dragon ogres.

And if you're looking for a place to drop save a couple of points you could drop the enchanted shield+rending sword+steed off the champion and one warrior out of the unit (still 3 ranks w/champ). Add in the MoS for the champion and it should all fit.

MarcoPollo
06-06-2007, 22:31
One way to shave points is to use marauders instead of the warriors and put the exalted hero with Helm of Many Eyes and a great weapon instead on the very expensive rending sword. This unit will have a much higher combat potential for cheaper points thus allowing you to afford the dragon ogres. 24 marauders with light armor and shield with full command cost 193 pts. The HoME Exalted costs 129 pts. for a total of 322 pts.

Consider this against the unit/hero combo that costs 441 pts. That is a difference of 114 pts. Quite a savings. 37% more cost for the warriors than the marauder combo. Now you can shore up some of those weaknesses and get your Dragon ogres. Who really cares about the mark of slaanesh on those guys anyways. It's not like it gives you a power dice or a dispell dice. Ok so you don't have to take psych tests. But at ld 8, it is not a bad trade off.

Da Boyzz
07-06-2007, 12:33
yer, i think i have decided on dragon ogres!
i am gonna trial test this list on the school holidays, now that exams are over lol.

I will really consider changing warriors to marauders for the tournmaent.