PDA

View Full Version : 40k player considering fantansy, need help

justatyranid
05-06-2007, 17:34
i've been playing 40k for awhile now and have started looking at some of the fantasy armies out there and have narrowed it down to 4 possible. the empire, the bretonnians, the tomb kings, and the vampires. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

justatyranid
05-06-2007, 17:40
will noone give a nubie a helping hand?

sqigglett
05-06-2007, 17:45
first, give us an idea of what you want from an army (i.e shooty, small, horde etc)

justatyranid
06-06-2007, 03:32
i'm leaning toward the tomb kings just because i like the look of the models so i guess any thoughts on them would help. i guess i'm looking for a shooty type army with cc.

Paluke
06-06-2007, 06:57
I'm also new to WHFB but here's my few thoughts ;)

Empire is quite all-round imo, nothing _really_ stands out.

The bretonnians are focussed on cavalry, more focus on hard and fast hitting.

Don't know anything about tomb kings and vampires though..

hope this helps a bit :)

starlight
06-06-2007, 07:06
There are a bunch of Lads over here building a tool just for you:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86987

As well, peruse the WFB Tactics Threads for more specific advice:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

justatyranid
07-06-2007, 05:16
i've been thinking about either the tomb kings or the vampire counts as a starting fantasy army so if anyone might can help with this like what are their strenghts and weaknesses, how they are played and anything else that might be of use.

warlord hack'a
07-06-2007, 10:51
see starlights post with link in it or try search. Because we are wasting server space by tying the same text every week ;-). Ok in short: you choose for undead, either way. undead means: immune to psychology, you cause fear, you loose a lot of men in close combat. General tactic: outnumber the enemy, beat them in close combat then autobreak them as you cause fear. Vampires do this generally by using the vampire who is a close combat monster. Tomb kings do this by shooting the enemy to bits or combo charging with a normal skelly unit and their loads of chariots.

However, for the rest they are completely different: VC have strong characters, tomb kings have to rule the magic phase to outmanouever, outshoot and outfight the enemy.

downside of both armies: you can not flee as a charge reaction, you pay a lot of points per model for weak combat stats.