PDA

View Full Version : 2K Lizardmen List, fighting Tomb Kings.

rinto_tinto
05-06-2007, 21:16
As the name suggests this is a 2K army list of Lizardmen fighting Tomb King:

Lord Ribb-It (couldn't resist):
Slann Mage-Priest, 3rd Generation, Divine Plaque of Protection, Plaque of Dominion, Battle Standard Bearer, War Banner.

Tenq-Kai:
Skink Priest, Lvl 2, Staff of Sorcerey.

The Fearless Guard:
20 Sauruses, Full command, Tlazcotl.

16 Sauruses, Full Command.

16 Sauruses, Standard, Champion

2X10 Skink Skirmishers (Javelins and Shields)

2X10 Skink Skirmishers (Blowpipes), Scouts

3 Terradons

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

All advice is appreciated, if I've done anything daft please point it out so I can fix it.

TheDarkArg
05-06-2007, 22:36
I've never played with lizardmen before, but I've found that s7 attacks are truly the bane of most of my TK foes. As I recall kroxigor can be kitted out to produce a large number of s7 attacks vs the chariots that your TK opponent is liable to put in the field.

rinto_tinto
06-06-2007, 15:48
Not putting in kroxigors was a real shame as they do have 9 S7 attacks with 3 models, but I don't know where to free up the points from as the terradons will undoubtebly used to weaken a casket of souls or a screaming skull catapult, and the salamanders will kill a lot of enemies which may outnumber me.

I could take out the Salamander hunting packs and replace them with 3 kroxigors with an ancient, that would be 1997 points in full, any thoughts?

EndlessBug
06-06-2007, 17:22
seriosly take massive advantage of the Lizardmens AMAZING chariot killing, these two characters are a must:

Saurus Scar Veteran
- Great Weapon
- Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
- Tlazcotl
- Shield
- Light Armour

this guy is immune to psycology, 4 strength 7 attacks with a 18" charge range. Against a unit of 3 chariots he will kill 2 of them (on average) gaining a CR of 6 opposing the CR of 2 (standard and outnumbering) for the opposing chariot, causing it to crumble due to 4 wounds lost from combat res.

Saurus Scar Veteran
- Great Weapon
- Gleaming pendant of Chotec
- Shield
- Light Armour

for your slann I'd go with the:
Plaque of Tepok
Diadem of Power
Plaque of Dominion or Divine plaque of protection.

to get the points drop:
- 16 Sauruses, Standard, Champion
- the Slann to a 4th Generation

(the saurus would have more marks but as it is the points match perfectly)

rinto_tinto
06-06-2007, 21:00
Thanks I think I'll put them in along with the kroxigors, seems logical but I've only ever played TKs once and that was with VC oddly. I think he's taking a Tomb King so chariot slaying will be particularly usefull. So I'll have:

As the name suggests this is a 2K army list of Lizardmen fighting Tomb King:

Lord Ribb-It (couldn't resist):
Slann Mage-Priest, 4th generation, Divine Plaque of Protection, Plaque of Dominion, Battle Standard Bearer, War Banner.

Loquax
Saurus Scar Veteran: Great Weapon, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Tlazcotl, Shield, Light Armour

Zlat-Loq
Saurus Scar Veteran: Great Weapon, Gleaming pendant of Chotec, Shield, Light Armour

Tenq-Kai:
Skink Priest, Lvl 2, Staff of Sorcerey.

The Fearless Guard:
20 Sauruses, Full command, Tlazcotl.

16 Sauruses, Full Command.

2X10 Skink Skirmishers (Javelins and Shields)

2X10 Skink Skirmishers (Blowpipes), Scouts

3 Terradons

3 Kroxigors, Ancient

1997 Points, hooray.

Dragoonzero0
08-06-2007, 17:09
I have found the Krox ancient is not worth the points at all. Use the extra points to get the plaque of tepok for your slann. I can't imagine not taking this plaque.
Drop it. You will still have the killing power you need for the chariots. Make sure you charge them! Just because Kroxes are great at killing chariots doesn't mean they are immune to them.
I have fought TK a number of times with Lizzies. Deal with the casket of souls fast if they have it. It will cause you know end of pain and is hard to kill.
I use sallies to great effect on his unites of skeletons and other weak stuff.