PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion: Slaanesh

DivineVisitor
06-06-2007, 00:48
After much debating with myself and friends over which Fantasy Army i should go for. I decided i would get a Slanneshi Daemon army going, as simply put the Daemonettes are goregous. And as i am always one for 'theme's in my army i decided to base it around a pair of twin Exalted Daemons one painted black and the other white, maybe even down to army composition with doubles of each unit, half the army painted black and the other white. Anyway enough of my ideas the draft list is as follows.

Exalted Daemon
Mark of Slaanesh, Lv 2
330 pts

Exalted Daemon
Mark of Slaanesh, Lv 2
330 pts

24 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
360 pts

24 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
360 pts

6 Mounted Daemonettes of Slaanesh
180 pts

6 Mounted Daemonettes of Slaanesh
180 pts

1 Chariot of Slaanesh
130 pts

1 Chariot of Slaanesh
130 pts

Total: 2000 pts

p.s. Sacred Numbers Woho!

Just looking for any advice for using an army of the Daemonic Legion and have been having a few queries myself that some of you may have opinions upon.

Ive been looking at other lists and most seem to go for Daemon Princes/Kepper of Secrets with or without a Herald or a single Exalted Daemon with Herald(s), would this be what people would reccomend and would my army perhaps not work as well seeing as how i've got my heart set on twin Exalted Daemons?

Will i atcually pull off any spells with 2x lv2's or should i stock up on Spell Breakers and make them Lv 1?

Would Pleasure seekers be better placed among the army seeing as how there better at negating Rank bonuses?

Are the Daemonettes too big? Would units of 12 and maybe 2 units of 3 Pleasureseekers be better placed?

I know alot of questions and ive not even began to use it yet! But im just trying to get a thought about how a Daemonic Legion should be set out seeing as how there all pretty expensive and not to mention fragile.

Thanks for all your time and maybe if im lucky il get a few replies :D

EndlessBug
06-06-2007, 01:10
2 lvl 2's at 2k seems not too strong, I woukld go for anti magic as heavy magic armies will negate that 5+ ward save making your already fragile models fold like paper.

Not so sure about Daemonettes. can't they have a command now in the DL? maybe do 2 units of 18? and then some pleasureseekers?

DivineVisitor
06-06-2007, 12:04
2 lvl 2's at 2k seems not too strong, I woukld go for anti magic as heavy magic armies will negate that 5+ ward save making your already fragile models fold like paper.

Not so sure about Daemonettes. can't they have a command now in the DL? maybe do 2 units of 18? and then some pleasureseekers?

I won't need to worry about losing my 5+ ward, Daemonic Legions don't lose it vs magical attacks :)

Yep they get command groups, but i was running outta points on my rough draft hehe, trying to squeeze them in somehow.

Still thinking of ways to fit some pleasure seekers in though, i figure if i do make the Exalted's Lv1 i can give them spell breaker and if i lose 12 Daemonettes i can get 3 Pleasure Seekers.