PDA

View Full Version : Beastman as Ulfwereners

Warsmith Strader
06-06-2007, 13:12
Okay all the talk about Ulfwerener conversion on other forums got me to thinking.... Using Beastman to represent Ulfwereners...I know its a stretch, but with mail ordering two werewolves is quite expensive, and not having to much green stuff talent to make them, that's why the thought of this. eg. its nearly 30 dollars american to order two werewolf heads and the bodies to... compared to 35 and being able to field a chaos team with the rest of the beastman.

Sort of a Were-beastman?

Thoughts, critisms or even just flames!

I know that Reaper minis has a werewolf that is around 8.99 and doesn't hold any weapons... but I was more concerned if a went to a GW tourniment about using the beastman.

Dawn of the Dogs
06-06-2007, 14:24
just keep in mind, Ulfwereners are shape shifters, and not werewolves per se.

so theres no reason why you couldnt have a shapeshifter you can change into a beastman like creature. you could even use the fantasy dogs of war guy, Beorg as a were-bear.

and the only reason the wolf form is so popular is because everyone knows chicks dig wolves :p

Deng Ham
06-06-2007, 15:09
The biggest problem with the beastmen is the size. A ulfwerenen is suposed to be bigger than normal humans. And most bestmen are smaler than a mauroder.

As for using other than wherewolfs. I see no problem with that. I use mauroders. And even tho they are not as popular. There is no doubt that they are the toughest in my team. And that is the most important part. If you do convertions. Then there shoud be no doubt what's what.

Count Sinister
03-10-2007, 18:33
A marauder with some green stuff fur might work, but it has to be said that the BB werewolf is a nice looking model. Just don't be tempted to use an Ogre Kingdoms Yhetee as a Snow Troll. They're HUGE, and if he ever gets knocked down or stunned, he takes up about three squares lying down. I made that mistake the hard way!

Deng Ham
03-10-2007, 21:46
A marauder with some green stuff fur might work, but it has to be said that the BB werewolf is a nice looking model. Just don't be tempted to use an Ogre Kingdoms Yhetee as a Snow Troll. They're HUGE, and if he ever gets knocked down or stunned, he takes up about three squares lying down. I made that mistake the hard way!

I did it.. But did not find is as a mistake. Visualy it's fantastic. And it's easy to convert it to be a bb player. Just add shoulder pads and som other armour bits.

As for laying it down.. Mak shure it' don't have to.. ;) Failing that. Shufle things around a bit until you get it back on it's feet.

Darkson
03-10-2007, 21:50
Don't bother lying it down on the pich. We just use a marker to show where the player is, and place the model on the sidelines, prone/stunned as approiate, then put the model back on the pitch when (if! damn mino!) it gets back to it's feet.

Count Sinister
05-10-2007, 12:41
Good points/ideas about the yhetee, because of course as long as it's on its feet, it does look cool. Hadn't thought about putting a marker down to represent the yhetee on the sideline in the appropriate position - nice one! I'll have to get back to my converted sisters of sigmar norse team, I think!

Chimera
12-10-2007, 11:27
I used regular Marauders plus some Space Wolves 13th Company bits to make my Ulfwerener...

http://jamcg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/ulfwerener.jpg

Came out pretty well...

And here's the Snow Troll, Ogre Kingdoms Yhetee:

http://jamcg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/snowtroll.jpg

Shameless plug but they're on eBay if you want them...