PDA

View Full Version : Taking Orcs in a LRB4 Blood bowl league

Warsmith Strader
06-06-2007, 18:04
Just as the title says.... its a LRB4 league! and since I'm missing figures for my norse team(grumble, grumble) and don't have time to buy and build the loses up... I've decided to go with Orcs.

Team make up-
3- black orcs
3- blitzers
5- lineman
1- thrower
2- goblins

2- rerolls
6- fan factor

My team is composed of converted fantasy orcs, including the new plastic black orcs(really like those figures), and two goblins for that regiment.

Any words of advice that I should know about LRB4 rules? BTW I do have them, but haven't read them yet.... fully that is!:rolleyes:

Warsmith Strader
06-06-2007, 18:31
Just as the title says.... its a LRB4 league! and since I'm missing figures for my norse team(grumble, grumble) and don't have time to buy and build the loses up... I've decided to go with Orcs.

Team make up-
3- black orcs
3- blitzers
5- lineman
1- thrower
2- goblins

2- rerolls
6- fan factor

My team is composed of converted fantasy orcs, including the new plastic black orcs(really like those figures), and two goblins for that regiment.

Any words of advice that I should know about LRB4 rules? BTW I do have them, but haven't read them yet.... fully that is!:rolleyes:

Slight revamp on team list
2 blitzers
2- rerolls
8- fan factor

Gres
07-06-2007, 10:24
How long is the league? For a short league I would definately take Blitzers over Black Orcs, and for a long league I prefer them over Black Orcs anyway. I'm also not a fan of two goblins in a starting team and so would swap them and some of the linemen for Blitzers as Orcs dont need much more than a starting 11 due to their high AV.

My advice about LRB is really to play LRB5 - its much better! ;)
Or failing that just take a few Dirty Player linemen or gobbos and foul any high value player that falls over near you.

Warsmith Strader
07-06-2007, 12:26
How long is the league? For a short league I would definately take Blitzers over Black Orcs, and for a long league I prefer them over Black Orcs anyway. I'm also not a fan of two goblins in a starting team and so would swap them and some of the linemen for Blitzers as Orcs dont need much more than a starting 11 due to their high AV.

My advice about LRB is really to play LRB5 - its much better! ;)
Or failing that just take a few Dirty Player linemen or gobbos and foul any high value player that falls over near you.

It wasn't my decision about which LRB to play... that's what that league was playing before.

I'm presuming the league is a long one... so black orcs are the more.... I wanted to goblins to start with.... nice squishy catchers!:evilgrin: I usually won't start fouling until the opponent starts it!... IMPO its unsporting.... and crap.

Red Skullz
13-06-2007, 22:41
3 blorcs
3 blitzers
3 lineorcs
1 thrower
1 gobbo
4 RR
2 FF

Nice and flexible, but it`s only been tested in LRB 5..got an 8-4 TD difference! Last game I played against DE and won 4-1, I actually scored in turn 2 first half when I kicked (didn`t even get blitz :D ).
Oh and you don`t need to start with a whole heap of players, just go for the minimum. Orcs don`t die that easily ;)

R

Tennboy
14-06-2007, 16:29
I play BB alot. here is the best starting line-up for a starting league

4 blitzers
4 B.O.B.
1 thrower
2 Gobbos (great for pulling off insane plays and mobile assists) they won be my game last night.

2 RR
9 FF

Don't bother will a Troll, and you don't spend your money buying up a 16 player bench. 12 is fine, 13 max (gives you 11 players not counting your Gobbos). First guy is a second thrower and then a lineorc (this is assuming all your players stay healthy)

Use your cash to buy RR after you get an Apothecary. This will lower your TR and let you pick up handicaps as the league goes along. You won't need more than 4 RR total. After you have 4 RR start buying Nobba (chainsaw goblin) when you got enough cash.

A great website is http://www.talkbloodbowl.net

Warsmith Strader
18-06-2007, 12:23
Usually I buy a apothecary after the first game. I however will not get a second thrower for my team, to me I'm superstisious(sp?) about having only one thrower.

Darkson
18-06-2007, 13:13
Definetly get as high a FF as possible. FF is hugely important under LRB4.

Tennboy
18-06-2007, 14:16
I would personally hold off on the Apoth until the second game and depend on your armor to pull you through. This will allow you to maximize your positionals.

If you don't trust me, Trust Darkson, he posts on several of the BB boards I'm on and always gives sound advice.