PDA

View Full Version : Is the Empire Detachment gone?

catbarf
07-06-2007, 00:33
I remember looking in a GW store a long while ago, January I think, and asking the staff about the Detachment box. They said it would be around as long as the current State Troops were. I was a little skeptical, but I really hoped it was true- I don't want to pay $2.20 each when I need 180 for 2k pts (all-infantry FTW). The last time I was there, I didn't see any, but didn't think to ask. And the U.S. store says they only have 69 left. Is the detachment box leaving us? Or is it just leaving the online store, and my GW was short on stock?

I apologize if this has been asked/answered before, the search engine is, to be frank, a POS.

Llew
07-06-2007, 00:35
I thought the detachment was a splash release...one of those cool special deals they do when things first come out.

RavenBloodwind
07-06-2007, 01:12
Llew is correct. They have recently been doing this with a lot of the plastic new releases. The Empire 'detachment' box got you $66 worth of minis for $45. The current limited releast Dwarf miner box gets you 20 miners much cheaper than 2 future 10-count boxes will. Similarly there is a 20-count black orc limited-release box.

I suppose it's both a way to get early interest up and reward the folk who order from GW online.

Crazy Harborc
07-06-2007, 01:15
Before and since it's release, the box was/is referred to as limited in numbers available and or in the time it will be available. It's the ol' buy now, it may be gone tomorrow ploy.;)

I keep an eye out for new splash releases for any WHFB army. The splash sets ARE good deals....sooo far, so far.;)