PDA

View Full Version : Getting Something Painted

Fredox
07-06-2007, 15:09
I've been collecting and gaming for well over a decade and in all that time I've never completed a fully painted force of any kind. Even when playing skirmish games with only a handful of models probably only half were ever painted. So this log is aimed at getting at least one finished force ready for play. I don't care if it's my Chaos fleet for Aeronautica Imperialis or my Orc and Goblins for fantasy.

To give you an idea of what I have to paint here's a list of the armies I own.

Dark Angles - Deathwing, Ravenwing and Battle company
Eldar - Old 2nd Ed army
Imperial Guard - Catachans, Praetorians plus lots of others and tanks

Fantasy

Orc and Goblins
Chaos Dwarfs
Dark Elves

Random Others

LOTS of Blood Bowl
Chaos AI fleet
Necromunda Orlocks

At the speed I paint there is probably a few years painting there but I should speed up a little bit the more I paint. I'm going to be painting up my Tyranids first. This may sound like a crazy idea with the numbers involved but I'm going for a fairly simple paint scheme. Itís the one from the BGB in pages 175-177. Most of the Ďnids are assembled and I bought the spray a while ago so if the weather holds for tomorrow Iíll de doing a lot of spraying.

Fredox
08-06-2007, 00:14
Well I've got the 'nids out of the draw they were in and to my supprise there are a few more of them than I thought. I suppose you get that when you buy 3 battleforces.

So here goes.

The 'nid list

1 Forge world scythed fly 'rant
1 Hive Tyrant
3 Tyrant Gaurd
1 Broodlord (assembled)
9 Warriors (3 assembled)
2 Lictors
24 'stealers (8 assembled)
40 Gaunts (24 assembled)
40 Hormagaunts (24 assembled)
?? Ripper Swarms
3 Raveners
8+ Gargoyles (can't find them but know I had at least 8)
3 Zoe's
3 Carnifex

So roughly 140 models to paint and 80 to assemble.

The Laughing God
08-06-2007, 11:50
That's a lot and I mean a lot of stuff youm have to paint:eek:

I really look forward to the nids, I like seeing what other people do with them.

I'm suscribed:D

-The Laughing God-

The_Dark_Raven
08-06-2007, 13:09
dude...hurry....you got lots to do....more then me....which is odd...

Fredox
08-06-2007, 14:58
Just a quick update. I've been undercoating today and I think for the first time in my modeling history I've used over a whole can of undercoat. None of those poxy little ones either, but a full 400ml can.

So I now have the following undercoated.

1 Broodlord
3 Warriors
8 'stealers
24 Gaunts
24 Hormagaunts