PDA

View Full Version : Models still in combat with no one to fight?

Voodoo Boyz
07-06-2007, 16:01
This comes from an issue using the line formation of troops. Lets say I have a unit of Slayers or Hammerers that are setup in a great long line 20 models (or however much) long with units behind them:

H for Hammerers
W for Warriors

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WWWW WWWW WWWWW

Now lets say that the line of Hammerers is charged by multiple squads of brettonian knights in the three corresponding places where the warriors are (to make it simple).

On the charge all but 5 of the Hammerers are dead, who pass their break test (being stubborn).

Now the models should form down to the center of the unit leaving:

KKK..............KKK..........KKK
................HHHHH
WWWWW WWWWW WWWWW

What do the Knights do?

1.) Move to the center where the rest of the Hammerers are?
2.) Stay in place?

Are they still Locked in combat with the Hammerers? Even if they can't really get into B2B with them? What if there were four squads and one couldn't possibly fit in B2B with the squad it charged but the squad was still alive and still in combat with other units?

Is it still locked in combat?
Does it over run?
Does it just sit there, not locked in combat?

This came up over at the brewery and we were talking about it last night at the GW store as I had my dwarfs and my friend was using brettonians. I didn't try to do this in a game, but we sure were interested in what the rules would be for a situation like this as it has a TON of advantages for players trying to defend from multiple charges of Knights or some such powerful H2H unit.

Atrahasis
07-06-2007, 16:21
Read page 46, second column.

DeathlessDraich
07-06-2007, 19:02
pg 46 as Atra stated:
1) The Knight units which are no longer in btb are disengaged from combat can move normally in the next turn.
2) No overrun as not all the Hammerers are slain

Evil-Lite
07-06-2007, 22:48
pg 46 as Atra stated:
1) The Knight units which are no longer in btb are disengaged from combat can move normally in the next turn.

You are referencing the paragraph where a unit is destroyed and do not reference the paragraph above it stating to move the units so they stay in BtB.