PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Vampire Counts army

Caligula
07-06-2007, 18:42
Greetings again, everyone. I'm looking for some feedback on my 2000 point VC list, which happens to be without a VC. Here's the list as it stands.

Master Necromancer-
Level 4
Black Periapt
Rod of Flaming Death
@285pts.

Wight Lord-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Nightmare
Sword of the Kings
@99pts.

Necromancer-
Level 2
Book of Arkhan
Dispel Scroll
@150pts.

Wight Lord-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Tomb Blade
@101pts.

24 Skeletons-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Skeleton Captain
@217pts.

24 Zombies-
Musician
Standard Bearer
@159pts.

15 Ghouls
@120pts.

5 Dire Wolves
@50pts.

5 Dire Wolves
@50pts.

19 Grave Guard-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Crypt Keeper
Banner of the Barrows
@322pts.

9 Black Knights-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Hell Knight
@247pts.

Black Coach
@200pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

Thoughts?

And
07-06-2007, 18:51
Looks good!
i have some ideas which would help you out:

you general, the master necro needs a save. remove the periapt and rod and give him the cloak of mist and shadow and the obsidian amulet? the one that gives 4+ ward save against magical? he will be difficult to hurt now, and completely immune to shooting which means you can leave him out of a unit with getting him shot to dust.

he wont be able to attack in combat, but who cares? thats not his job anyway.

give you first wight lord the enchanted shield instead of the normal shield. this gives him an awesome save and is a standard for a wight with the sword of the kings.

i'll drop the champion on you knights, taking another knight instead, thats almost another knight right there, or almost 2 dire wolves.. he extra attack from the hell knight is not needed...

i like you list though :)

regards AND

Caligula
07-06-2007, 20:36
Great! Thanks for the compliment and the suggestions, AND. I'll look into making some changes and return to update the list.

spikedog
08-06-2007, 08:29
Nice list, very similar to what I run.

Few points I would consider changing though:

Any reason your second Wight is not on a barded Knightmare? It will give him +2 save, an extra attack and an extra model for rank purposes. As you can't be targeted in units anymore while on horse I always run characters on them.

With the first Wight you may want to give him the Gem of Blood. This means when he is in combat if anything hits him for a wound it will rebound and swing combat by 2 in your favour. Again very useful in undead that require combat res to go just 1 in their favour to break the enemy.

I would split the unit of Ghouls into 2 smaller units, just so they aren't as susceptible to panic, plus they can attack seperate units if needed.

I also agree with all of the above posters points.

With these changes I think you will have a very solid list.

Good luck.

Caligula
08-06-2007, 14:32
Great, thanks again guys. I've been busy with real life goings on as of late unfortunately, but I'll try and update the list asap.