PDA

View Full Version : orcy tactics?

bram kuijpers
08-06-2007, 08:01
hi im gonna play a 1500 orc army again and i need some help what tactic would you do with.

as for characters i have a black orc big boss with a ironback boar, heavy
armour , shield , that weapon that grants +1 ws +1 A and +1 I (or something like that, and hes the general

a orc warboss on boar , the pigstikka , light armour , shield, and the amulet that lets steeds and monsters hit on 6,s

i have 25 normal orc boyz
30 big uns

both with two choppas, full command and the big uns have the banner of butchery

seconds i have a unit of 20 black orcs with full command gorks waagh banner and shields.

at last i have 2 stone trols

so any comments?

Snoozer
08-06-2007, 08:22
Well I don't really know of tactics as I haven't played a single game with the 7ed rule book or 7ed orc army book for that matter, just got back in to the game.

But I think you have too many Big'Uns, I could be wrong but atleast in the 6th ed orc army book you hade to have at least the same amount of normal boyz before you could upgrade to Big'Uns. (you have 30 Big'Uns and only 25 Normal Orcs)

Other than that, I like my characters in units, so they help out with killing and Ld tests (a BSB is also good in a Orc army but don't know if necessary in a 1500 point army)

:D

Braad
08-06-2007, 09:33
Nowadays it simply states that 1 unit in the army may be upgraded. No further limitations.

I think it's too much Big 'Uns anyway. 20 in a small army, 25 in a larger army is the max IMO.
Your general is best when on foot with the large mass, so they can use his leadership.
You cannot field a warboss below 2000 points since it is a lord choice, so the orc warboss should be a big boss.

On the whole, your army is too small.
Add cavalry or chariots to get some speed is what I would do.

bram kuijpers
08-06-2007, 09:34
o poepjes i made a mistake it should be a orc bigg boss

Braad
08-06-2007, 09:39
Right...

And I just calculated the cost of your army, and if I got it right it's only worth 1173 pts.

By the way, a shaman would be good. You need some magic defence.

bram kuijpers
08-06-2007, 09:44
damnit im forgetting things out

im gonna post the list someday but
theres a shaman it has the staff of baduum and is level 2

Avian
08-06-2007, 09:45
so any comments?
Considering that you have pretty much no support units, I think you are going to struggle against a more mobile opponent. I would suggest taking more gobbo units (fast cavalry especially) and some war machines.

More: Orcs & Goblins Tactics page (http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/subpage.php?s=index_greenskin_tactics)

bram kuijpers
08-06-2007, 09:55
well i have about 10 savage orc boar boyz still waiting for some action

waaagh!grimgor
09-06-2007, 02:14
you should dome spear chukkas or rock lobbers, or both in there for shooting and an orc shamen of some kind on a boar to get him a 5+ armour save, lv2 and the skull wand

Baron Von Rotten
09-06-2007, 04:17
A Battle Standard Bearer is a must, for any army with Crappy leadership. Namely yours!!!! You need to be able to re-roll those break tests.

Fast cav would also be good. Wolf Riders and Spider Riders (put them in a forest) are great at holding your flanks and threatening his............

I always include at least two Spear Chukkas for armor penetration. They are very cheap and you get them at 2 for 1 Special choice. But more importantly, it can deal with the "Big Uglies". You know of whom I speak: Trolls, Giants, Hydras, Shaggoths, etc.

Good Luck.
BVR

warlord hack'a
09-06-2007, 18:36
get gobbo support, some fast cav, maybe a chariot or two, drop the trolls.

what you have now is too little throw away units, you field as many hard hitters in your 1500 pt list as I do in my 2250 list.. so the 750 points I have mroe are all support..