PDA

View Full Version : (Possibly) Stupid questions about the Hellcannon

Nell2ThaIzzay
08-06-2007, 08:12
1. Does the Hellcannon of Chaos count as a Daemon for instability tests? I would imagine it -does-, since it is allowed to take Undivided Daemonic Gifts, but it doesn't specifically state anywhere in it's rules that it counts as "Daemonic", and Unbreakable, which is a Daemonic trait, is listed separatley for the Hellcannon.. Regardless, to this point, I have played it by taking instability tests for it where they would apply (though I've only fielded once, this has come up), I would just like some clarification on this.

2. It states that the Chaos Dwarves line up to either side in combat... do they get attacks in combat? I was told that essentially, the Chaos Dwarves go behind the Hellcannon in combat, but the person just may have been unclear on the rules.

3. And moreso a general Daemonic ruling question than specific to the Hellcannon; more than 1 Daemon in the same army may have the same Daemonic Gift, correct? For example, if I have a Daemon with the gift Spell Breaker, I may also give that gift to the Hellcannon, correct?

Nell2ThaIzzay
08-06-2007, 08:13
Well I just answered #3 for myself... damn there goes that plan :(

Whistler
08-06-2007, 11:02
Q nr 1 : No 'cuz it's Unbreakable.
Q nr 2 :No 'cuz they stand next to it on either sides to get as many attacks possible.
Q nr 3 : indeed as you say.

Hope it helps.

Negativemoney
08-06-2007, 11:15
1: Unbreakable replaces the instability special rule
2: The fight like a normal war machine crew would with the exception the Hell Cannon can attack also
3: IIRC only in a Daemonic Legion list can you have more than 1 of any specific gift.

sulla
08-06-2007, 20:40
2. It states that the Chaos Dwarves line up to either side in combat... do they get attacks in combat? I was told that essentially, the Chaos Dwarves go behind the Hellcannon in combat, but the person just may have been unclear on the rules.

See, normal warmachines have the crew line up in front to protect the war machine. The hellcannon being a great big daemon wedged into a connon, nothing can keep it from fighting too so instead of forming up in front of the hellcannon, the crew just line up alongside so it can fight too. Basically, if they're in base-to-base contact, every model will fight.

Nell2ThaIzzay
08-06-2007, 22:12
See, normal warmachines have the crew line up in front to protect the war machine. The hellcannon being a great big daemon wedged into a connon, nothing can keep it from fighting too so instead of forming up in front of the hellcannon, the crew just line up alongside so it can fight too. Basically, if they're in base-to-base contact, every model will fight.

Okay, cool.

I play Vampire Counts and Wood Elves other than Chaos, so I've never used a warhmachine before.

Thanks.

DeathlessDraich
09-06-2007, 10:36
Daemonic gifts - "Each may be chosen only once per game"