athamas
12-08-2005, 10:20
Exalted champion
Great weapon
Shield
Bindings of Slaanesh
Steed of Slaanesh
MoS

[mage hunter primerally also anti charriot, can charge a unit challange mage, and should get enough kills to make a difference, will be combined with at least mounted deamonetts on charge hopefully in flank to negate rank bonuses... idealy leading to fleeing enemy 3+ save should help and if im picking the challange i can hopefully go for the guy without magical weaponry... ]

Exalted champion
Great weapon
Enchanted chield
Gase of the gods
Steed of Slaanesh
MoS
[chariot smashing and general moving around being a pain...2+ normal save and 4+ ward should protect him abit, can combine charge with other hero fo added punch]

Sorcerer of chaos
Lv 2
Barded steed
Power familiar
MoS

Sorcerer of chaos
Lv 2
Barded steed
Dispell scroll
Scepter of domination
MoS

[generates 7 power dice and 5 dispell die, with a dispell scroll, keeping them moble, and 2+ saves should keep them alive from occasional bow etc... move forward and use scepter on nastyies hero on second magic phase to attack hi own unit, or get a ranged hero to pick of his own units]

[points spent on characters]764

5 knights of chaos
Full comand
MoS

[general knight unit charge in to support other unit or get support form deamons]

5 knights of chaos
Full comand
Banner od soporiphic musk
MoS

[charge the nice high Ws unit and hopefully do some damage... same as above!]

10 Warriors of Chaos
shields
Standard bearer
Blasted standeared
MoS

[power level 4 will hopefully draw out dispell die, or a scroll if really lucky.. mainly there as a skirmisher swatter, if able to get spell off should be able to cause lots of damage to a skirmishing unit... as these wil be a bit of a problem with their blocking marches ans general harasing, this unit can turn to face them and hurl magic their way wittling them down]

[points on core ]752

5 Warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

[missile screen for knights]

8 Furies 120

[more skirmish hunters, also looking for war machings etc... if able supporting charges in flanks,]

5 mounted deamonetts 150

5 mounted deamonetts 150

[flankers through and through, ablt to remove ranks, and support heros in tieing up units, also warmaching hunters depending on army... and generally get behind the enemy with their movement to possibly get rear charges...]

total:1996

so what do you think?

Ordo Hereticus
12-08-2005, 11:19
You carn't take blasted standard on your basic unit, unless you meant banner of wrath (which i think is what you meant as you said skirmish swatter)

Apart from that clear up i think it looks like a good list, you have gotten round having units with ranks by taking hard hitting units, which does make up for it in a chaos army.

athamas
12-08-2005, 11:48
yes.. i did mean banner of wrath.. thank you...

i knew what i mean, but i wront the banner in without looking at its entry

Setomidor
12-08-2005, 12:37
Very nice indeeed. The knights should exchange their champion for the warbanner and youre basicly done :)

//Seto

corben_da
12-08-2005, 12:47
looks pretty mobile, and i like the use of fast units. It's slaaneshy way of
fighting rather than slowly grumbling towards the enemy, slaanesh
is kind of a chaos elves ;D

athamas
12-08-2005, 12:50
Very nice indeeed. The knights should exchange their champion for the warbanner and youre basicly done :)

//Seto

um... how? i have a banner on the other unit...

corben_da
12-08-2005, 12:55
i think that he missed that you have that other standard ;)

Setomidor
12-08-2005, 13:03
I ment on the other unit. 5 knights, std, mus, warbanner instead of 5 knights, full command.

athamas
12-08-2005, 13:30
only 1 unit can cary a banner, and thats then nice slaaneshi one....

i cant take the warbanner, as both units capable of having a banner have them,....

also the extra attack is nice!

Setomidor
12-08-2005, 14:51
Ah, that i did not know :)
Never mind then.

Yeah the extra attack is nice, but permanent +1 res is even better :)

//Seto

corben_da
12-08-2005, 15:52
or rapturous standard, halve ws and i

athamas
12-08-2005, 16:06
its there... again i got the name wrong, the banner of sophoriphic musk is rapturour standard...

Cpt. Drill
12-08-2005, 16:56
its nice but can be more powerful... you need to have mark of slaanesh on those wizards to make them all power.. also they would be better as beast man shamans... and you should have some beast men as they are one of the best things you can get!
and ditch the chaos warriors....

corben_da
13-08-2005, 07:45
yeah, beastherd is the most mobile and effective unit at low points!
and those would go fine with your Fast army style ;)
bray shamans are also good, can fight and are normal priced

athamas
13-08-2005, 08:34
are they core?

where are ther rules?
can they skirmish

if they are core, they could replace the warriors as anti skirmishers...

@cpt. Drill MoS = Mark of Slaanesh therefore wizards have them..... also i like the idea of maounted wizards, gives them a reasonable chance of surviving nasty camealeon skinks...[bad experience wit these]

Setomidor
13-08-2005, 10:08
As they are Beasts they would be special in a mortal army, their rules can be found in the Beasts of Chaos armybook.

athamas
14-08-2005, 06:56
i need the chaos warriors in there then to make it up to the minium core choices

corben_da
20-08-2005, 14:41
beastherd is special in mortal army