PDA

View Full Version : Newest 2000 point Dwarf throng

Caligula
09-06-2007, 13:35
Hey all, I've got a new Dwarf list to submit to your wisdom. It's a little different than some of my previous lists in some ways, and in other ways quite similar. However, I really like the look of it as is, and am looking for some help in ironing out the wrinkles, so to speak. So please, feel free to comment and share your thoughts and ideas on this list.

Dwarf Lord-
Great Weapon
Shieldbearers
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
Rune of Fury
Rune of Resistance
Master Rune of Spite
@291pts.

Thane-
Battle Standard
Rune of Cleaving
Rune of Striking
Master Rune of Gromril
@145pts.

Runesmith-
Great Weapon
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Balance
@129pts.

Thane-
Great Weapon
Dwarf Handgun
Rune of Stone
Rune of Preservation
Rune of Brotherhood
@119pts.

23 Dwarf Warriors-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Veteran
@232pts.

19 Longbeards-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Rune of Stoicism
Veteran
@278pts.

11 Quarrellers-
Shields
Great Weapons
Rangers
@165pts.

10 Thunderers-
Shields
@150pts.

20 Miners-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Prospector
Steam Drill
@270pts.

Cannon-
Rune of Reloading
@100pts.

Organ Gun
@120pts.

TOTAL-1999pts.

Thoughts?
Oh, and just so it's clear, the Lord goes with the Warriors, the BSB goes with the Longbeards, the great weapon/handgun Thane goes with the Rangers, and the Runesmith hangs around the Thunderers and artillery.

maze ironheart
09-06-2007, 14:52
I would say drop the lord in 2000pts most pepole avoid these guys like the plague you could replace his points with a unit of 20 Ironbreakers with fullcommand.These guys are very hard to even move for an example I faced of against a Skaven army my ironbreakers where flanked by a unit of plague monks with plague censers on the front with a plague priest with a censer in it the my Ironbreakers did not get a hurt one bit thanks to their great armour saves.The rest of your army is great it just need's some elite units and none are better then the Ironbreakers.