PDA

View Full Version : Starting Empie What should I add to this lot?

pestario
09-06-2007, 18:02
Im starting Empire and wonm a nice lot of stuff on Ebay. What would you recommend I buy to add to the following.

(1) Empire General boxed set (General and Battle Standard Bearer),
(1) Army General
(1) Warrior Priest
(1) Engineer
(1) limited edition Empire Wizard.
(80) Swordsmen, Halberdiers, or Spearmen
(50) Handgunners or Crossbowmen
(20) Knights
(10) Pistoliers (can be assembled as Outriders),
(1) Hellblaster
(1) Cannon (sealed)
(1) Great Cannon (can be asembled as a Mortar)
(20) Flagellants

Negativemoney
09-06-2007, 20:28
I would try to get a Luthor Huss model (mounte warrior priest basicaly) and 1 more wizzard if you can (the onld blisters had bot a mounted and unmounted Wizard might be worth looking at). 20 greatswords with command should be another thing to look at.

Hywel
10-06-2007, 00:06
I'd say you've got more than enough to be getting on with. Paint it before you start getting even more models. Once you get a massive backlog of state infantry who are all essentially painted the same way, its very depressing work getting through them, take it from one who's suffering at the moment! :p

pestario
10-06-2007, 01:08
I'm currently working on an all night goblin army as well :) giess Im just glutin for some punishment :)

Griefbringer
10-06-2007, 07:37
As said, you are already having 190+ models with plenty of variety - those should make for a pretty decent and balanced 2000 point army. Get it assembled and a couple of games under your belt before going looking for any new purchases.

That said, once you get everything done I would recommend taking a look at the Empire militia boxed set, to bring some more variety (like free company or archers/huntsmen) - that box is pretty good value for money, and you get lots of different arms on it.

untimention
10-06-2007, 08:00
More then enough... maybe a character on a Griffon or something... just to beast him up for larger games.

shady
10-06-2007, 13:45
You might want militia to use for cheaper detachments. You might also want 4 more knights if you want to deploy in units of 12.

I agree with the Huss comment, and probably with the wizard (get the new plastic wizard sprue, for 2 wizards, as all the previous models look dated, and the ltd ed wizard is the worst LE model in a long time). Greatswords I'm less sure about.

pestario
10-06-2007, 23:40
Yeah I dont like the LE Wizard at all. I'm going to sell or tade the LE Wizard as it seems someone always wants the limited figures and also get what I can for the Metal Flgarents and buy the new Reinforcment box thats coming out with the Plastic Wizards, Flagereants, etc.