PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Night Gobbos!

chilledenuff
09-06-2007, 20:01
Here is a 2000 point night goblin (the spear chuckas and doom divers will be converted up to look the part!) list I'm planning to take to a local tourny:D :

Skarsnik & Gobbla
205 Points

Battle Standard Bearer, Night Goblin Big Boss
Martogs Best Basha, Amulet of Protectyness, Light Armour
97 Points

Night Goblin Shaman (Level 2)
Horn of Urgok, Magic Mushrooms
135 Points

Night Goblin Shaman (Level 2)
2 Dispel Scrolls
135 Points

30 Night Goblins, Spears, Netters, 2 x Fanatics
225 Points

30 Night Goblins, Spears, Netters, 2 x Fanatics
225 Points

30 Night Goblins, Spears, 2 x Fanatics
190 Points

25 Night Goblins, Spears, 2 x Fanatics
170 Points

25 Night Goblins, Bows, 2 x Fanatics
140 Points

20 Night Goblins, Bows, 2 x Fanatics
125 Points

8 x Squig Hoppers
120 Points

Spear Chucka
35 points

Spear Chucka
35 points

Doom Diver
80 points

Doom Diver
80 Points

Total: 1997 Points
Models: 196
Power Dice: 6
Dispel Dice: 4

What do you all think? all comments/criticism are welcome!

Gimp
09-06-2007, 22:00
In all a decent list however I would make a phew changes.

1. Drop all the magic items on the Standard Bearer and give him the Roddy Banner (a must as if your Goblins panic you loose the fanatics).

2. Give on of your Shamans Mad Cap Mushrooms.

3. DROP all the spears in the units as they are utterly useless.

4. You need at least 2 units of squigs between 6-8 models.

5. Consider maybe dropping the bows because of animosity if you roll a 1 you cant shoot them and if you roll a 6 then you count as moving. So I dont bother with them.

6. If you have any points left maybe put some nets in some units (like Skarsniks and the Big boss units) to make your characters more survivalbe.

Good luck with the list dude.

chilledenuff
10-06-2007, 10:05
In all a decent list however I would make a phew changes.
Thanks for your comments.. a lot of the things you suggested I did think about, I will explain further...

1. Drop all the magic items on the Standard Bearer and give him the Roddy Banner (a must as if your Goblins panic you loose the fanatics).
Does the raggedy banner affect night goblins? I'm not sure so I didn't take it, I'll get that clarified though because you are spot on... it would be very useful in such a low ld army (although I'm hoping to get the horn of Urgok off as often as possible) ... the magic items are there to shock opponents who think the BSB is an easy target, the +1 S,I and A help but not as much as the steal the save of whatever wounded you! Caught out a dwarf thane who thought easy challenge and then gave me his 1+ save with a reroll and a ward save (I loved the expression on his face when his thane bounced off!!

2. Give on of your Shamans Mad Cap Mushrooms.
The shamans generally aren't used in units as animosity stops them casting spells, I only put them in units if I'm facing a really shooty army or an army with fliers/scouts

3. DROP all the spears in the units as they are utterly useless.
I'm a fan of spears, with NGs I find getting that second rank of attacks when you are charged means you should get some attacks back! (ever the optimist!) and also I'm using the models from 3 boxes of Skull pass to make the army :) and I don't really want to buy more boxes (GW get way too much of my hard earned cash!)

4. You need at least 2 units of squigs between 6-8 models.
The unit is only there to use up left over points really, it was that or more spear chuckas, but the squig hoppers are far more characterful for a NG army... I (again) agree that 2 units would be better one on each flank to deal with light cavalry etc

5. Consider maybe dropping the bows because of animosity if you roll a 1 you cant shoot them and if you roll a 6 then you count as moving. So I dont bother with them.
I think that archers are a complete waste of time myself, they would be better as H/W and shield units really, but again I'm using models I currently possess rather than splashing out on new ones if I can help it! At least I'll get the odd shot off... and if I'm really lucky they'll hit something... if i'm really, REALLY lucky they'll wound something:D

6. If you have any points left maybe put some nets in some units (like Skarsniks and the Big boss units) to make your characters more survivalbe.
Slightly bemused by this... the 2 biggest units (IE Skarsnik and the BSBs) have netters already... I'm assuming this is a suggestion should I change the list

Good luck with the list dude.
Thank you very much! Thanks for reading the list and making suggestions... always nice when someone does, I will seriously consider some of the points you made... the BSB having the Raggedy banner is a great idea, I just don't like the idea of him getting killed when an opponent so much as looks at him (I'm well aware of the life expectancy of a Night Gobbo without any kind of protection!) Should I get a windfall of cash I will replace the archers with NGs with hand weapon and shield but I'm afraid the spearman will stay, the would cost way too much to replace and I think spears are far more of a NG type of weapon... they keep the opponent far away!

Be Afraid
10-06-2007, 13:20
and also I'm using the models from 3 boxes of Skull pass to make the army :) and I don't really want to buy more boxes (GW get way too much of my hard earned cash!)

personally, i am in the same boat, but . . . i have to cheap person's ways to help :

- justify HW+sheil by 'they are stabbing spears'
-OR, if you get a spair hour or 2 clip every spear point off, and paint the now plastic coloured patch brown, you now have a unit with quater staves !

btw . . . i like the list, good luck with it

eyeolas
10-06-2007, 18:47
or cut off the other end of the speer so they have mini speers/pointy stick things which are far to small to use through a rank (even of goblins)

You have 3 speshals, so there should be space for a second unit of squigs if you can take away some magic from the bosses and BSB. If you nead to just make them minimum squads, they are only there to annoy the opponent, and when they break they kill themselves marvelously, no matter how many there are in the squad! (squad sizes for them are 5-10 right?, no OnG book at hand)

the effigy of mrok could do this magicy army some good.

Looks good though