PDA

View Full Version : The Eldar Brightlance...

Nidhogg
09-06-2007, 21:53
Hello people of warseer!

I was quite sure that there was a time when Eldar Brightlances not only treated armour 13 and 14 as armour 12 but also anything with a toughness greater than 8 got their toughness downgraded to 8.

I know this isn't the situation at the moment and I started playing during the 3rd edition and have the 3rd edition Eldar codex and couldn't find any refernces to this rule there either. If this rule only existed in the 1st or 2nd edition I don't how i would have heard of this.

Has anyone else heard of this? Were there anything with similar rules I may have got it mixed up with? Am I just crazy?

Any information would be appreciated (even if it just confirms my fears of insanity)

Nidhogg

P.S. I am sorry if this is in the wrong area. I thought it should go here as it wasn't actually querying the rule, I was just wondering if anyone knew of its existance.

Chimera
09-06-2007, 21:59
You're just crazy... :evilgrin:

Also, I can't think of anything with a Toughness of 9 or 10 anyway :)

Nidhogg
09-06-2007, 22:14
Also, I can't think of anything with a Toughness of 9 or 10 anyway :)

Yes it was because of the lack of thoughness 9 and 10 things that made me find it unlikely aswell.

Ho hum back to the aslum for me then:rolleyes:

insaniak
09-06-2007, 22:40
If this rule only existed in the 1st or 2nd edition I don't how i would have heard of this.

To put your mind at ease on that score, it didn't... in 1st and 2nd edition, Brightlances didn't exist. Eldar just had lascannons like everyone else.

Karhedron
09-06-2007, 22:43
To put your mind at ease on that score, it didn't... in 1st and 2nd edition, Brightlances didn't exist. Eldar just had lascannons like everyone else.

Actually it did exist in 2nd edition. It was a wargear card that described the weapon as a stripped-down lascannon. Bascially it was a move-and-fire weapon with similar stats to a lascannon but slightly shorter range and poorer armour penetration.

lobachevskii
09-06-2007, 22:44

Ah the good old days, before we got "advanced" technology ... .

carlisimo
10-06-2007, 01:19
It came out during 2nd edition, back when vehicles (and the weapons they carried) were released on wargear cards that described them. I remember the rule about treating high armor as 12, but I don't believe that carried over to toughness.

Slaaneshi Slave
10-06-2007, 01:26
Even back in the good old days I am pretty sure there was no Toughness 9 or 10. Papa Nurgle only had T8 with 10 wounds.

EDIT: And people complain about Wraith Lords and Screamer Killers. :p

Hellebore
10-06-2007, 01:56
The Avatar was a beast!

M6WS10BS10S8T8W7I10A5Ld10

It was the strongest and toughest of the daemonic entities in the game. Cost the same as a Bloodthirster...

Hellebore

Slaaneshi Slave
10-06-2007, 02:07
Blood Thirster did more damage (it did D3 wounds per hit), and the Great Unclean One has more wounds(10 instead of 7), so not really.

Hellebore
10-06-2007, 02:45
Strongest (8) and Toughest (8). The GUO was also T8 but only S7.

The Avatar could pretty much kill all the greater daemons, because it had a 4+ save that was never ignored (unlike the daemons whose save was negated by the Avatar's Suin Dellae). It also did that with its ranged attack too...

The extra attacks were only important for rolling more 6's to add to your combat score...

Hellebore

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-06-2007, 04:47
Also note that armour penetration was different in previous edition, and that treating all armour as 12 if over would have been quite overpowered at the time.

Nidhogg
10-06-2007, 11:07
Thanks for the responses everyone!

I guess i just made it up, damn me and my over used imagination.

don_mondo
10-06-2007, 16:19
Even back in the good old days I am pretty sure there was no Toughness 9 or 10. Papa Nurgle only had T8 with 10 wounds.

EDIT: And people complain about Wraith Lords and Screamer Killers. :p

Course, back then a single Heavy Bolter round did d4 wounds (and up to 9 shots per Heavy Bolter) as well as a -3 to your Armor Save, and a Lascannon did d10 wounds with a -6 Armor Save......

Catferret
10-06-2007, 16:23
Course, back then a single Heavy Bolter round did d4 wounds (and up to 9 shots per Heavy Bolter) as well as a -3 to your Armor Save, and a Lascannon did d10 wounds with a -6 Armor Save......

Lascannon was 2D6 Wounds and Heavy Bolters could get six shots at most (2nd Ed).

I miss Multimeltas with their 2" radius blast and 2D12 Wounds per hit. :eek:

xibo
10-06-2007, 16:51
jup. it was the assault cannon that could get up to 9 shots a turn... and the autocannon was 'assault' *grin*

Kulgur
10-06-2007, 16:52
Yeah but the assault cannon could also triple jam:)