PDA

View Full Version : You Choose: Nidzilla or Deathwing.

Dr Cuddles
10-06-2007, 00:34
I need to decide which to play, a Deathwing army with 34 Termies+1 Termy Chaplain and 1 Belial, or a Nidzilla list with 1 Tyrant, 6 Fex's, 1 Broodlord, and a bunch of Genestealers. I'v thought about this for awhile, but still cant decide properly. (I already have the Deathwing, but would trade it for all of the nids)

(Some things about me)
I like Close Combat over ranged.
I like customized models.
Wouldent mind it winning from time to time.
Dont really mind painting.
Will be mostly used in City Fight games.

Angelwing
10-06-2007, 00:35
tyranids. join us....

victorpofa
10-06-2007, 00:44
Your preferences seem to align more with Tyranids than Termies. Genestealers are cc monsters literally and figuratively :) Nidzilla lists seem to win more than lose while Deathwing seems to either win big or get slaughtered. Mostly slaughtered.

AngryAngel
10-06-2007, 05:28
Deathwing my friend..don't join the xenos scum. With the deathwing every victory will be glorious.

deathwing_marine
10-06-2007, 05:30
Hmm... Lets see...

The Keeper of Secrets
10-06-2007, 08:11
Join the nids...

(for ideas see my sig)

Sergeant Tanthius
10-06-2007, 08:22
Hmm... Lets see...

:D LOL Good one.

I'm with deathwing_marine on this one. We are both Deathwing players.

At that, why not try Doublewing? it is the new trend you know. ;)

EDIT: Whoa. 10 for Deathwing and 10 for NidZilla...Looks like it will be a hard choice.

Core_Commander
10-06-2007, 08:40
Tyranids. With them you have many types of units, Deathwing is just loads upon loads of Termies... I like Termies, but I prefer variety. Tyranids _have_ variety.

EDIT: TIEBREAKER CHOP! Take that! :D

K0tka
10-06-2007, 09:12
Join Tyranids...we have Cookies

Lindworm
10-06-2007, 10:15
SIX CARINFEXES?! In the last codex it was only 3 that were permissable! What has changed so drastically?

One carnifex is intimidation enough, but three? But SIX?!

The Keeper of Secrets
10-06-2007, 10:16
SIX CARINFEXES?! In the last codex it was only 3 that were permissable! What has changed so drastically?

One carnifex is intimidation enough, but three? But SIX?!

Yup, in a 1500 pnt game they can be taken as elites if under 115 pnts.

HiveFleetEzekial
10-06-2007, 10:45
You should have seen the 2nd ed codex lindworm. In a big enough (points) army, you could have loads more! :D (no limiting FOC charts back then, just point %'s)

My vote.. I'd go fpr both (I play both... hence the name and pic :P lol), but we can only vote once.. so no vote, just try both out in small amounts and see which ya like better.

polomarko888
10-06-2007, 10:52
NIDS! really fun, not as many models to paint, conversion possibiulites are endless where as with deathwing your pushed into a certain colour scheme with models that are preety much quite similar

go for nids my friend and make them slimy mmm

Eniac
10-06-2007, 10:54
Go Nidzilla, 6 carnis and a couple of flyrants is enough to put the wind up anyone. I would consider doing this were it not for my Frog faces.

silence
10-06-2007, 11:53
Deathwing all the way! You already have the figures, the rules are fine, and you could spring some very nasty surprise's on your foes, also Nids are more commen so you will have rarity value

Great Harlequin
10-06-2007, 12:32
Deathwing has more character, but is a lot harder to play with.

Choose! :D

studderigdave
10-06-2007, 13:04
NIDZ!

i play with deathwing and nids and i prefer playing with my nids. my deffwing gets play when i go to new stores or i feel like allying with more orks.

Catferret
10-06-2007, 15:20
Deathwing are a challenge to play with. I think you will feel more rewarded for every game you won. Easy wins are no fun. Work hard for it and remember: How can you recognise victory if you've never experienced defeat?

wickedvoodoo
10-06-2007, 16:13
Go nids, gonna be plentuy of DA and DW players about as its the new shiny army. Plus you seem to have already stated that nid play style will suit you better.

Inquisitor_Pink
10-06-2007, 16:56
I play deathwing and out of personal preference would say go with them. Although with your list of preferences sounds like you would be better off going Nid.

Jokre
10-06-2007, 17:12
Go Nidzilla, 6 carnis and a couple of flyrants is enough to put the wind up anyone. I would consider doing this were it not for my Frog faces.

You can only have 1 winged tyrant, sorry.

Da Reddaneks
10-06-2007, 17:17
I already have the Deathwing, but would trade it for all of the nids.
i dont know why you even has this as a poll. its obvious from your initial post that you want to play nids.

The Keeper of Secrets
10-06-2007, 17:48
i dont know why you even has this as a poll. its obvious from your initial post that you want to play nids.

And it's obvious from your post that you dislike that decision.....

Also if he put a poll up he did so for a reason, so don't have a go at him for it.

EDIT: Wooooo, 555 posts!

Dr Cuddles
10-06-2007, 17:59
wow, this is really close 0_0

I know from my intial post it sounds like I would choose nids over DW, but im really interested in seeing peoples comments and suggestions on why one army would be better to build than the other.

But both armies does sound fun :skull:

lee
10-06-2007, 18:07
go deathwing more fun to play

Lord Cook
10-06-2007, 18:11
Hah, my vote just tipped the balance in favour of Nids. The Hive Mind calls you...

Getifa Ubazza
10-06-2007, 18:12
Its got to be Nids. Although Nidzilla can be used in a similar way to Deathwing, Deathwing cant be used in all the ways Nidzilla can.

MrPickles
10-06-2007, 18:21
Ouch, it is tied at 35. This is gonna be tough, but I say go deathwing because they are more rewarding in the long run.

Dr Cuddles
10-06-2007, 20:16
Well, its looks like Nidzilla is slowly pushing itself ahead. Ill leave the poll open for awhile longer, but what the poll looks like by the end of today will really effect what I do.

Lord Cook
10-06-2007, 22:55
I don't think I've ever seen a poll this close before...

Master Bait
10-06-2007, 23:44
i'm still trying to figure out how you'd have 34 terminators in a deathwing army?...

voted tyranids by the way - while i'm rocking a DA army with two DW squads, i reckon nidzilla will be the army i'd move onto once i've finished painting my guys

logosloki
11-06-2007, 00:36
'nids! takes less time to paint plus you can monster mash your way to victory.

Dr Cuddles
11-06-2007, 04:02
And the Nids are pulling ahead!

cleansingfury
11-06-2007, 04:14
Go nids! It most likely will be my 3rd army if not then Tau.

Thy do not all have to be painted one color and also they are more fun to play! I have used them befor. Go nids cause loads of termis are exspensive...

@The Keeper Of Secrets: Hey you stole my sig! Also that post was towards me for suggesting chainswords should have rending... How stupid could I be?

The Keeper of Secrets
11-06-2007, 09:25
Go nids! It most likely will be my 3rd army if not then Tau.

Thy do not all have to be painted one color and also they are more fun to play! I have used them befor. Go nids cause loads of termis are exspensive...

@The Keeper Of Secrets: Hey you stole my sig! Also that post was towards me for suggesting chainswords should have rending... How stupid could I be?

Haha!!

I didn't steal it from you, I quoted it from the source.

lars4life
11-06-2007, 09:33
Nidzilla all the way

Dr Cuddles
12-06-2007, 02:41
Well, looks like the zilla won in the end. Now I just have to find somone willing to trade a Nidzilla army for a Deathwing..

Thanks for the votes!

BARON SAMDI
12-06-2007, 21:53
You should choose Tyranids aside from Chaos they are the most customizabe race just take some green stuff and get imaginative.

With a Carnafex and a pack of green stuff you can make your model 125 points more for 300 points more killing power also if you get bored with the bugs you can add Edar,Chaos or Space Marines with just a little story leading to tamed Nids.

Duhgame
13-06-2007, 04:07
From your preferences I would say go 'Nids. They jsut seem to cover more of your likes than DW does. -my 2 cents

Vic
13-06-2007, 07:28
Of the two, it seems that Nidzilla is the easier army to play. So I'd say, for the challenge, pick DW, but if you want easy wins, choose Nidzilla. With 6 carni's, do you really need a strategy or a plan?

Darn, Im starting my kids and nephews (7, and 12) with a horde nid army. I never considered the Nidzilla list. Now THAT would have made the game easier for them to learn and give them a better chance at wins.....

ashc
13-06-2007, 07:34
I just built a deathwing army myself.

A serious amount of fun is being had.

Ash

Quess Who
13-06-2007, 07:59
Nidzilla would be fun until a crisis team plugs your carni up with rapid firing plasma weapons then you wish you took the Deathwing with their invurnable save. Evil crisis teams teamed up with pathfinders.... Hitting on 2's wounding on 4's.

Mugatu
13-06-2007, 08:13
Voted Deathwing out of love for the green guys. Plus, while Tyranids are usually at home in cityifight, I wonder if the "All monstruous creatures" would be working that well in such a context. Especially if your not shooty crazy.

Final point... Deathwing looks cool!

Voodoo Boyz
13-06-2007, 11:15
I see a desperate lack of information on the two armies here, especially given what you've said.

Nidzilla, at it's core, is a shooty army. There is only one real CC Monsterous Creature worth taking in the list, the Flying Hive Tyrant. After that, even the second Tyrant will be armed with a Venom Cannon + BS/STR upgrade.

Close Combat Carnifex's suck and will not perform very well. This may be different in Cities of Death, but even so if you're in combat with Marines with a CC carnifex the power fists will make you cry.

That all said you can cram a LOT of gaunts into a 1500 point Nidzilla list. Also, stealers work really really well in CoD.

Deathwing: Also a shooty army. They have some CC, but have two flaws:

1.) They will have a hard time getting into assault without a Land Raider
2.) Once in assault, a number of units will tear them a new one (Harlies, Genestealers, etc).

In CoD, they don't have Frags so will go last most of the time (unless they're charging out of a Land Raider Crusader). And overall they're a much less powerful army than Nidzilla is capable of being.

That doesn't mean you should play Nidzilla or DW (to be seen as over or under powered), it's just something you should realize coming into this decision.

Dr Cuddles
14-06-2007, 01:29
I see a desperate lack of information on the two armies here, especially given what you've said.

Nidzilla, at it's core, is a shooty army. There is only one real CC Monsterous Creature worth taking in the list, the Flying Hive Tyrant. After that, even the second Tyrant will be armed with a Venom Cannon + BS/STR upgrade.

Close Combat Carnifex's suck and will not perform very well. This may be different in Cities of Death, but even so if you're in combat with Marines with a CC carnifex the power fists will make you cry.

That all said you can cram a LOT of gaunts into a 1500 point Nidzilla list. Also, stealers work really really well in CoD.

Deathwing: Also a shooty army. They have some CC, but have two flaws:

1.) They will have a hard time getting into assault without a Land Raider
2.) Once in assault, a number of units will tear them a new one (Harlies, Genestealers, etc).

In CoD, they don't have Frags so will go last most of the time (unless they're charging out of a Land Raider Crusader). And overall they're a much less powerful army than Nidzilla is capable of being.

That doesn't mean you should play Nidzilla or DW (to be seen as over or under powered), it's just something you should realize coming into this decision.

I know for the most part that Nidzilla's real strength is in its powerfull Ranged abilities, but I like nothing more then smashing into ranks of IG with either a Giant monster, or a few strong troops, and doing incredible damage. Shooting was never really my thing. (Which was why Tau was out of the question)

I'v tested out my DW quite alot, but so far they just really are not what im looking for, sure they are a small bunch of hard hitting troops, but they dont seem to hit hard enough, or as visually appealing as a Nidzilla army would be.

If I can either find somone to buy my army (Which im selling) or find somone willing to trade for it, I think at this moment, I would start a Nidzilla list.

Like what GW always tells you, play the army that you think looks cool. :p

BARON SAMDI
14-06-2007, 01:42
i say nid zilla but thats cause nids rock dark angles are ok though

adamstronach
14-06-2007, 02:03
Don't go to heresy!

BARON SAMDI
14-06-2007, 02:07
if you want character choose death wing but if you want big alen character choose nidzilla

92% of teen have moved on to rap. If you are part the 8% of who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature