PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer or BSB?

CauCaSus
10-06-2007, 14:07
I have a chariot-mounted hero in my mortal/beast army which I have fielded as a Lvl 2 Nurgle sorcerer so far. But with only him and another lvl 2 bray-shaman, I've found that maybe I'll make him an aspiring champion instead. Then I can afford to have a BSB as well in my chaos warrior unit. What do you think?

My list is something like this:

Ex.champ in a unit of 6 knights

bray-shaman

sorcerer in chariot w/MoN

15 chaos warriors w/halberd & shield

11 gors
8 ungors

11 gors
8 ungors

5 marauder horsemen

5 centigors

6 furies

chariot

5 chaos hounds

5 chaos hounds

I usually deploy them in a wedge formation with the knights being the tip of the wedge followed by the warriors, flanked by gors and chariots and the "fast cav" at the extreme flanks.

So should I make the sorcerer an asp. champ and put a BSB in the warrior unit?

Mephistofeles
10-06-2007, 16:06
BSB:s rock, so I would say yes.

If you do that, then you really should deduct a level from the Bray Shaman, and just have him for a scroll caddy. I hate Caddies, but you just can't live without 'em...

Crube
10-06-2007, 16:09
Personally I'm not a fan of the BSB in general, but I do like my magic, so that'd get my vote. Be sure tomake sure your mages have items to help them, rather than just being scroll caddies - take items that help them offensively rather than just defensively...

forgottenlor
11-06-2007, 08:05
I think in any army with a normal leadership (9 at best) and normal break tests (not undead) that a BSB is invaluable. If you keep him near your important comabt units the reroll is just super and the +1 he gets to combat resolution can make a difference. One wizard usually means one more spell, which may or may not get off.