PDA

View Full Version : a shooty tk army

justatyranid
10-06-2007, 14:38
i have the tomb king codex and was looking at creating a shooty type army with some countercharge units. i really like the catapults and the casket of souls, but not sure what other special units, besides bowmen, i would need to include.

Nickn
10-06-2007, 16:23
i sugest a
tomb scorpion
2 units of 5 birds
2 units of 20 skellies HW shield LA
20 tomb guard icon of rakpheth
liche high priest
2 liche priests
1 tomb prince
all in adddition to wat you mentioned above

forgottenlor
11-06-2007, 08:01
This is my shooty magic list:

High priest
priest
2 X tomb princes (either in the bowmen or as a catapult member)

3X 25 bowmen
1 X swarm
1 X 5 calvary

2X4 Ushabti
2X 6 Carrion

2Xcatapults.

huitzilopochtli
11-06-2007, 22:30
is the swarm really necessary? i mean 5 S2 poisoned attacks arent going to be much use.

if you can go for khalida. poisoned arrows option for all your archers? plus an amazing character with two autospells? what more could you want!

Deceiver_666
12-06-2007, 16:39
My main lists focus on magic and shooting, as i think they are the strongest phases for the army, and you might as well play to your advantages. however, you will also need some hard hitters to get you kills when the enemy reaches your line.

Character wise, i use a King and 3 Priests, with one at a casket. It gives a good number of incantations as a base, then the undying legion banner, staff of ravening and Hieratic jar are all good additions.

As for shooting, the king is in a unit of 24 bowmen, with a second unit of 25 also in the army. for me, the increased armour save for the skellies doesnt justify itself, when you have to pay extra points and loose the bows.
A catapult rounds off the ranged damage potential.

Then, i find Ushabti, scorpions and my King good enough to kick out the damage, with a few chariots for support

forgottenlor
13-06-2007, 07:08
My swarm took out a dwarven cannon in the last game. It counts as a skirmisher, which can sometimes be helpful. I think against other strong shooty armies that it can be really helpful as it can do well against archers and warmachine crews (though nothing else). Khalida can also only be played with permission (at least till the 7th edition book comes out).