PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

Lostanddamned
12-08-2005, 16:35
I am looking at starting this game with some mates and I have a few questions:

1. How complex is the game
2. How much does it cost to start a guild
3. How long (gamewise, with 3-5 starting charachters) would it take to get this amount of money?
4. Is it fun (I enjoyed Asherons Call, Asherons Call 2 and Star Wars Galaxies)

Thanks for any help.

Flea
12-08-2005, 16:50
1. Its easy to pick up
2. 100 gold for a guild, capes are 2k for the whole guild, and guild halls, the price varies.
3. maybe an hour of playing to get the cash, for the guild alone, 3 maybe for capes. (with one character) Depends how you make the cash, but my times are based on monster drops and selling junk, Whilst in pre-searing Ascalon.
4. Very fun IMO

fellows
12-08-2005, 18:04
1. Stupidly easy to learn/enjoy.
2/3. You would be suprised how much quicker you can form a guild if both you and your friends pay into the cost of the Guild.
4. I quite enjoy this game. I can tell you that it isn't as polished as say WoW, which defeinetly has more options, however, it is just as fun and the best thing is you can stop/start playing whenever you want.

I recently stopped playing the game for about a month or two and decided to pick it up again, and was not disapointed. Also with the expansion coming out in a few months, GW only has room to grow

Lostanddamned
12-08-2005, 20:19
Thank you all very much for this information, I will be setting out to buy the game tomorrow (so I can make the money before the other players join).

Then It can only improve.

McBain
12-08-2005, 21:08
i would like to bring to your attention that we have a WarSeer guild running simply pm me your guild wars character name.....

Mcbain